Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Well will you look at this

PanelBuilder

I think it means that from now we are able to get information on all instruments, switches and lights status (ON/OFF and such) by using the ID number assigned to each in the Scripts/Aircrafts/Ka-50/clcickabledata.lua file and the Scripts/Aircrafts/Ka-50/Cockpit/mainpanel_init.lua file.

Also (again guessing) I think these files also have the different parameters exported from each device ID when using the "getstate" command..

Basicly this is all we have been waiting for..! If I am right who ever wrote this has given us the possibility to send input without using keyboard or mouse. Export the state of every switch and light, AND all the parameters from the intruments to..!

He wrote us a good example actually. If you want the local radiodevice it contains three ID's.

-The R800 has ID number 48

-The R828 has ID number 49

-The ARK22 has ID number 46

All are local radiodevices and fall in under this category when it comes to the different states exported and such.

The getstate command for local radio devices consist of:

1. string name (device name)

2. boolean isOn (device on/off status)

3. boolean soundIsOn (sound on/off status)

4. number volume in range 0.0..1.0

5. number frequency (frequency in Hz)

6. string modulation in range 'FM', 'AM'

7. number pos_x (x world position in meters)

8. number pos_y (y world position in meters)

9. number pos_z (z world position in meters)

NOW.. Notice that this is a general statelilst that will work for most all radio devices in general.

If you use the "getstate" command for the R800 ( ID48 )

local radioDevice = GetDevice( 48 )

local state = radioDevice:l_get_state()

You really don't need the x,y and z world position. It's a comunication radio right? So I guess these states will either be blank for the R800 state, or the same as

for the ARK22.. Actually it's a brilliant way to categorise different panels and functions in the cockpit.

... If I'm not mistaken, this is a good time to utter an un-muffeled YAHOOO..!

Edited by Triggerhappy69

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it means that from now we are able to get information on all instruments, switches and lights status (ON/OFF and such) by using the ID number assigned to each in the Scripts/Aircrafts/Ka-50/clcickabledata.lua file and the Scripts/Aircrafts/Ka-50/Cockpit/mainpanel_init.lua file.

Also (again guessing) I think these files also have the different parameters exported from each device ID when using the "getstate" command..

Basicly this is all we have been waiting for..! If I am right who ever wrote this has given us the possibility to send input without using keyboard or mouse. Export the state of every switch and light, AND all the parameters from the intruments to..!

He wrote us a good example actually. If you want the local radiodevice it contains three ID's.

-The R800 has ID number 48

-The R828 has ID number 49

-The ARK22 has ID number 46

All are local radiodevices and fall in under this category when it comes to the different states exported and such.

The getstate command for local radio devices consist of:

1. string name (device name)

2. boolean isOn (device on/off status)

3. boolean soundIsOn (sound on/off status)

4. number volume in range 0.0..1.0

5. number frequency (frequency in Hz)

6. string modulation in range 'FM', 'AM'

7. number pos_x (x world position in meters)

8. number pos_y (y world position in meters)

9. number pos_z (z world position in meters)

NOW.. Notice that this is a general statelilst that will work for most all radio devices in general.

If you use the "getstate" command for the R800 ( ID48 )

local radioDevice = GetDevice( 48 )

local state = radioDevice:l_get_state()

You really don't need the x,y and z world position. It's a comunication radio right? So I guess these states will either be blank for the R800 state, or the same as

for the ARK22.. Actually it's a brilliant way to categorise different panels and functions in the cockpit.

Ah okay so if I get this right this is for people who make their own panels/input buttons so they can map them easy to any instrument in the cockpit?

Go Ugly Early

Ah okay so if I get this right this is for people who make their own panels/input buttons so they can map them easy to any instrument in the cockpit?

Yup.. That's pretty much it..! Allthough you said it in a much more understandable way..:cry:

as radio is LOS, the world position numbers may be pretty important(?)

if you have to ask what is it, you don't need it. :)

LOS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOS = Line Of Sight

In radio, the higher the frequency band (aka shorter the wavelength), the lesser the ability to propagate around objects. At high enough frequencies, you reach a point where you need to have a straight shot (LOS) between the antennas that are communicating. The higher you go in frequency, the less tolerant it gets of 'stuff' in the transmission path.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Yep, any news from the LoSIC guy? Can we use his stuff or do we have to start from scratch?

/Oakes

I can send Le'Creole and the guys in 3rd Wing an email and ask.. But knowing them they're are allready on it..!:smartass:

But I doubt that LOSIOC is usable as it is in Version 2 (you do know it's been released in english now right? download here: http://losioc.free.fr/download.php).

Since they stated in the Wiki "It means that most of functions from LockOn export are invalid now, sorry. Most of common (no avionic or aircraft specific) functions are working."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can send Le'Creole and the guys in 3rd Wing an email and ask.. But knowing them they're are allready on it..!:smartass:

But I doubt that LOSIOC is usable as it is in Version 2 (you do know it's been released in english now right? download here: http://losioc.free.fr/download.php).

Since they stated in the Wiki "It means that most of functions from LockOn export are invalid now, sorry. Most of common (no avionic or aircraft specific) functions are working."

Didn't know about the English version.

Well, I'm hoping that we can use the framework of LoSIOC to generate the LUA files needed to get the export/tcp etc connections to SIOC running, and then modify those files to match with DCS....or at least get an idea of a suitable approach...maybe easier than to start from scratch....I seem to remember that LUA coroutines and other stuff gave me a headache the last time :)

But then again, if the LoSIOC team is a couple of weeks (here's hoping :)) from releasing a DCS version.......

/Oakes

/Oakes

Indeed. I can now get the states of the 8 lamps at the top of the WSC panel directly whereas before I had to calculate them from other data.

Funny thing is I can't figure out how to set a switch with the new system.

MainPanel:SetCommand(387,1) -- master arm
doesn't seem to work.

Here's its line from clickabledata.lua:

elements["MASTER-ARM-PTR"]   = {class = {class_type.TUMB, class_type.TUMB}, hint = LOCALIZE("Master Arm"),       device = devices.WEAP_INTERFACE, action = {device_commands.Button_1,device_commands.Button_1}, stop_action = {}, arg = {387,387}, arg_value = {-direction*1.0,direction*1.0}, arg_lim = {{0.0, 1.0},{0.0, 1.0}}, use_OBB = true, updatable = true}

I'm still using the old

LoSetCommand(283) -- master arm
This just toggles, however.

• ED Team
Indeed. I can now get the states of the 8 lamps at the top of the WSC panel directly whereas before I had to calculate them from other data.

Funny thing is I can't figure out how to set a switch with the new system.

doesn't seem to work.

Here's its line from clickabledata.lua:

elements["MASTER-ARM-PTR"]   = {class = {class_type.TUMB, class_type.TUMB}, hint = LOCALIZE("Master Arm"),       device = devices.WEAP_INTERFACE, action = {device_commands.Button_1,device_commands.Button_1}, stop_action = {}, arg = {387,387}, arg_value = {-direction*1.0,direction*1.0}, arg_lim = {{0.0, 1.0},{0.0, 1.0}}, use_OBB = true, updatable = true}

I'm still using the old This just toggles, however.

if you close look to elements["MASTER-ARM-PTR"] you must figure that target device is

WEAP_INTERFACE rather than Main Panel

see more options on http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Clickabledata

correct command will be :

GetDevice(12):performClickableAction(3001,1.0)

where 3001 is device_commands.Button_1 ( see command_defs.lua)

12 is ID of WEAP_INTERFACE

1.0 switch to ON ( 0 switch to OFF)

Edited by Alex O'kean
sigpic2354_5.gif

if you close look to elements["MASTER-ARM-PTR"] you must figure that target device is

WEAP_INTERFACE rather than Main Panel

see more options on http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Clickabledata

correct command will be :

GetDevice(12):performClickableAction(3001,1.0)

where 3001 is device_commands.Button_1 ( see command_defs.lua)

12 is ID of WEAP_INTERFACE

1.0 switch to ON ( 0 switch to OFF)

You are a prince. Thank you so much.

Colin

Confirmed working well, I can get the slip ball data now from the MainPanel arg 108. The old LoGetSlipBallPosition method doesn't work (if it ever did, I'm not sure).

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Has anybody figured out how to get the current Indicated Airspeed, or Groundspeed, from the new Lua? The IAS device (MainPanel 51) gives indicated airspeed, but it's in the range 0.0-1.0 which I assume is then translated to angular rotation of the gauge pointer. If it's available in M/S or knots that would be much better.

Cheers

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

• 2 weeks later...