Cobrabase proves the Mirage can shoot down missiles.

cobrabase

lol...

Not specific to the Mirage actually, last week during a LAN multiplayer session, it happenned between a human-controlled Sukhoi and an AI MiG firing russian missiles (I must have the ACMI file somewhere...)

Of course the missiles don't aim at each other, they just "meet" during their course to their respective aircraft target.

One chance over...... well...... many :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

Indeed I'm 90% sure to have shot down an AGM-88 just launched from a F-16 with a Mig 29.

It was during a campaign, I was about to lock the F-16 (a 3 dots blip on the HUD) and I saw a 1 dot blip closing fast, I locked up while it passed threw my radar cursor, then the circle showing the locked target climbed in my HUD, I puuled the stick and shot.

One second later put the game in pause and looked behind, there was no missile anymore.

It was pure luck.

Sorry I don't have the track.

Edit: I made a qui mission and track to proove it

AGM88 kill.zip

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Indeed I'm 90% sure to have shot down an AGM-88 just launched from a F-16 with a Mig 29.

It was during a campaign, I was about to lock the F-16 (a 3 dots blip on the HUD) and I saw a 1 dot blip closing fast, I locked up while it passed threw my radar cursor, then the circle showing the locked target climbed in my HUD, I puuled the stick and shot.

One second later put the game in pause and looked behind, there was no missile anymore.

It was pure luck.

Sorry I don't have the track.

Edit: I made a qui mission and track to proove it

Well, I guess it's good that the weapons can strike each other but I wish the logic existed so that the AI couldn't fire at the moment when the weapons COULD strike. I'm cursed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well at least you dont get shot down by your own wingman...

Its happened only nce before when I moved into the path of my wingman as he fired off his missle, and bam I was dead, quite confused but dead neverless

To INVENT an Airplane is Nothing.

To BUILD One is Something.

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]