MiG-21bis Radar Hotfix Binaries

Cobra847

Dear All,

We have found and isolated several new issues that were causing detection and locking issues with the MiG-21 radar in 1.5.3

There is a partial fix available in the 1.5.3 Open Beta, but the binaries below should remove the last of these detection flaws.

These are hot off the press; thus they have not yet been thoroughly tested by our internal QA. Proceed at your own peril!

They should work in both the current official release version as well as BETA versions of 1.5.3.

LINK:

Installation:

• Backup the files found in your DCS Installation Directory/Mods/Aircraft/MiG-21bis/bin folder.

• Extract the binaries to your DCS Installation Directory/Mods/Aircraft/MiG-21bis/bin folder and replace the files within when prompted.

Many thanks,

Leatherneck Simulations

**EDIT 16/5**

Binaries are updated. We are investigating the lack of an external sound for some users.

It's likely this is a version mismatch somewhere.

• Fixed beam mode corrected

• IFF Functionality corrected

• KH-66 grom now functional

• Low altitude compensation mode issue fixed

• ..bunch more

EDIT: These fixes are included in the latest version of DCS World.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried this out on version 1.5.3.52724. Radar does appear to be vastly better, can now lock other aircraft that are co altitude.. Ground clutter etc also seems to act as expected.

However there are some bugs..

RWR behaviour seems suddenly inconsistent. Even when hard locked by another mig 21 within 5km from multiple angles, the RWR never fully sounded with all 4 pips.

IFF system switches, on right wall panel are no longer toggleable and IFF as a whole has seemingly ceased to work.

Good job on radar and cant wait for kinks to be worked out with avionics.

Edited by Deathbane

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

Tried this out on version 1.5.3.52724. Radar does appear to be vastly better, can now lock other aircraft that are co altitude.. Ground clutter etc also seems to act as expected.

RWR behaviour seems suddenly inconsistent. Even when hard locked by another mig 21 within 5km from multiple angles, the RWR never fully sounded with all 4 pips.

IFF system switches, on right wall panel are no longer toggleable and IFF as a whole has seemingly ceased to work.

Please make sure that what you're reporting with the RWR is not intended conrrected behaviour.

Checking the IFF.

It's audiovisual feedback has been corrected and RWR tone and frequency is now dependent on radar strength and distance.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

I'm getting this as well and external engine sounds aren't working, save for AB, along with heat haze.

Murphy's Laws of Programming at work.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I installed this on the latest version (1.5.3.52875) and while the radar seems to work a lot better, the IFF no longer works at all. As Deathbane noticed, the IFF switch can not be toggled on/off anymore and stays in the off position.

Edited by Why485

I'm getting this as well and external engine sounds aren't working, save for AB, along with heat haze.

Murphy's Laws of Programming at work.

Which version did you install on?

I installed this on the latest version (1.5.3.52875) and while the radar seems to work a lot better, the IFF no longer works at all. As Deathbane noticed, the IFF switch can not be toggled on/off anymore and stays in the off position.

We were able to reproduce this issue. We will hotfix the IFF and upload new binaries shortly.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Which version did you install on?

We were able to reproduce this issue. We will hotfix the IFF and upload new binaries shortly.

That's great! Thanks for the updates without a "full update" I love not having to wait to do some testing/flying of this one. Once IFF is back the skys won't be safe for the enemy :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad we could help with the IFF!

Please make sure that what you're reporting with the RWR is not intended corrected behaviour.

It's audiovisual feedback has been corrected and RWR tone and frequency is now dependent on radar strength and distance.

Gathered that this was the case, but I'd have expected the RWR to be much more intense with Mig21 behind me, painting me at 5km. Granted thats a little anecdotal.

So need looking into further on my part. Granted it was 2am when i was testing this hotfix the other night.

Will try more extensive testing later with various air/ground radars, and report what we find.

Edited by Deathbane

Hot fix binaries:

I confirm all the above plus the radar beam is not operating. It does not see anything,from ground, to 3d objects like aircraft, no lock functionality and while on beam and making maneuvers its scans from 30 to 0 all sudden while you pull up, banking or looking above horizon. Both release and open beta.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Glad we could help with the IFF!

Gathered that this was the case, but I'd have expected the RWR to be much more intense with Mig21 behind me, painting me at 5nm. Granted thats a little anecdotal.

So need looking into further on my part. Granted it was 2am when i was testing this hotfix the other night.

Will try more extensive testing later with various air/ground radars, and report what we find.

It was 5km, not 5 nm. Mig radar works in metric units.

Maybe it was indeed 5nm then it is 9km and the rwr was working correctly

Mig-21 Headbutter

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Doh, no it was 5km, as I measured it using map in metric coordinates.

Just need to actually be awake. Tonights testing got consumed by an impromptu game of Stellaris...

Maybe it was indeed 5nm then it is 9km and the rwr was working correctly

Mig-21 Headbutter

It wasn't, I was the pilot locking him.

I can however confirm that vs the AI the RWR seems to be working. Will test vs player with Deathbane tomorrow.

Yep radar is working for me as well.

I also lost IFF, locking something with the radar beam and external sounds though as well

Which version?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• ED Team
Yep radar is working for me as well.

I also lost IFF, locking something with the radar beam and external sounds though as well

I tried that in latest open beta with the same result.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Just tested and radar worked, got one plane down with R-3R and another one with R-60.

I installed the hotfix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro - Asus Z370 Prime A - i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift CV1 - HOTAS Warthog - CH Pro Pedals

Puukko - Kossu - HK Sininen Lenkki

when does the newest hotfix come out??

I have been waiting this hotfix for two days

Will it surely come out??

Or I don`t have to expect it come out??

Calm your tits.

It's weekend. I'm sure they don't work on weekends. Either that or they don't have a solution yet. Either way it'll be released when it's ready.

Edited by Zweistein000