Crashes when turning on radar

sabreman

I found this happens when you turn radar on and someone is jamming. I tested single player and had no problems until I had AI turn on Jammer. I also tested with another person. The second he turned on jammer DCS crashed for me.

Nice job on the other fixes. This was todays updated version 52018

Edited by mia389

Thanks. I'll check the files.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I found this happens when you turn radar on and someone is jamming. I tested single player and had no problems until I had AI turn on Jammer. I also tested with another person. The second he turned on jammer DCS crashed for me.

Can confirm... :(

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I need further testing in PM but I am confident that the bug is squashed.

The problem was the new functions that update contact position in the radar screen. They were crashing because I did not consider necessary to perform an internal test.

The problem is solved internally, but you will need to wait for the next update cycle. My apologies for the unexpected bug.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Zeus I really appreciate the way you interact with the community and the frequency you push out significant updates but can you guys please, please, please test your changes before pushing them out? I would take slower update progress over updates that break the game.

Maybe write it out on paper a 100 times so you don't forget?

We will test our updates before pushing them out. We will test our updates before pushing them out. We will test our updates before pushing them out...

/jk but in future try not to completely break the module for us MP players. Please?

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Zeus I really appreciate the way you interact with the community and the frequency you push out significant updates but can you guys please, please, please test your changes before pushing them out? I would take slower update progress over updates that break the game.

Maybe write it out on paper a 100 times so you don't forget?

We will test our updates before pushing them out. We will test our updates before pushing them out. We will test our updates before pushing them out...

/jk but in future try not to completely break the module for us MP players. Please?

:pilotfly:

+1

we love you guys, but please make an additional effort in testing. A lot of the bugs are obvious and you would have caught them if you have flown your Mirage a couple of times.

A lot of nice fixes but it is unplayable now :(

+1

we love you guys, but please make an additional effort in testing. A lot of the bugs are obvious and you would have caught them if you have flown your Mirage a couple of times.

A lot of nice fixes but it is unplayable now :(

I actually flew this particular patch over 10 times, but all of them were AI and it never developed the crash. It came as a nasty surprise. I have changed the testing missions to be more thorough and if possible will test MP as well.

It was a general remark. I know how complex and tedious software development is. Especially in such a short time.

I personally didn't try the MP at all after what I read. I had the crash in your SP mission "intercept the phantoms" as soon as I got close to them DCS crashed.

By the way, could you please change the missiles in the mission to your new missiles?

I actually flew this particular patch over 10 times, but all of them were AI and it never developed the crash. It came as a nasty surprise. I have changed the testing missions to be more thorough and if possible will test MP as well.

Thank you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

It was a general remark. I know how complex and tedious software development is. Especially in such a short time.

I personally didn't try the MP at all after what I read. I had the crash in your SP mission "intercept the phantoms" as soon as I got close to them DCS crashed.

By the way, could you please change the missiles in the mission to your new missiles?

exactly the same happened to me just now.

The problem is solved internally, but you will need to wait for the next update cycle. My apologies for the unexpected bug.

Thanks for fixing it! I'm having the crashing issue as well so the Mirage is more or less unplayable. Is it possible to hotfix? Have any idea when the next update cycle is likely to be?

The CTD bug:

- is not linked to the ECM directly (but ECM makes it more likely that your radar will drop a target => and the CTD bug will occur).

- is known of Razbam

- is corrected in their internal developpment build

- just need to be "pushed" to us in the next public update.

So, for now, what we can do is wait for the next public update. :)

spacer.png