1.5 Changelog?

Teeter

Cobra had said that there would be a changelog for 1.5 posted in August, but obviously that didn't come to fruition.

Can we get an update on the MiG-21 changelog, and perhaps on the F-14? LN's been working pretty quietly for quite a while, so I'm excited to hear about some progress!

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Yes, fingers crossed for the changelog. I hope they removed some game-like features from the optical sight. Maybe Leatherneck will release the changelog together with the announcement of the other two planes in some kind of September update?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because MiG - 9. That's why...

Changelog today.

My last beer for that! :beer:

edit

Wait Wait... I've found 3 more besides that. So... disregard... it can wit till tomorrow guys.

:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Now that's unexpected. It's GMT+1 where I live, hope I wake up to a pleasant changelog :D
You cant teach an old dog a new trick. Since when have timelines any meaning here. Releases and changelogs are all floating in subspace. You can never know when or for how long they materialize. Maybe yesterday.

From: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2464034&postcount=1

MiG-21bis

With DCS 1.5 (and 2.0) just around the corner; we have focused on rolling in all of our improvements of the MiG-21 module into this particular version.

This will likely be the first version we do not consider to be a “Beta” – but development of the product does not end here.

It is also possible that we will retroactively implement features present in our new aircraft.

Here is a general overview of what is changed and fixed in the MiG-21 for the next patch. Some fixes are not listed.

• Implemented RU Game Localization

• Replaced multiple existing inputs with toggle inputs.

• Added 9 New Keyboard Inputs: ASP Target Size, KPP Pitch Set, RSBN/PRGM Channel Select, Radio On/Off, Radio Volume & Chl Selection

• Fixed various instances of the Radio not working.

• Fixed the Radar operating without electrical power

• Increased missile smoke visibility

• Fixed the “SPRD Appears on F6 View after use” bug

• Introduced special option for ASP pipper gameplay features.

• Improved drag chute physics, including chute use in stall/spin recovery (Animation is however still limited)

• Corrected Rudder Authority (“Rudder overpowering ailerons”)

• Added UUA Sensor animation

• Improved Over-G weapon jettison (Dynamic Weight Calculation, per-pylon/weapon limit)

• Improved regulated Afterburner throttle control

• Partially fixed visible weapons remaining on destroyed/missing wings

• Fixed A-A missile lock tone bug

• Corrected wing thickness & angle

• Various corrections on all weapon pylons

• Rebuilt frontal canopy for smooth fuselage transition

• Re-Drew rivet and panel lines on rear fuselage

• Added red floodlights in cockpit

• Dozens of minor 3D/2D issues.

• Fixed various Cockpit graphics issues.

• Corrected various ASP calculation issues (Incorrect lead, “CCIP”)

• Added 8-10 new default liveries.

• New specular maps

• Sculpted rear fuselage into a new normal map

• Added new SPRD Rocket booster model and texture

• Corrected placement of SPRD Rocket booster on aircraft

• Further optimized external model and textures

• Revised gear door textures

• Corrected AoA vane animation

• Temporarily removed 'Canopy Icing' checkbox pending visual implementation

It is possible that some fixes are not listed at all, or listed only partially.

It is also very likely that some fixes may be in progress and not listed here to avoid disappointment, but may be included in the release.

Backer Rewards
is an item we've been silent on for a while simply because we're struggling with the logistics involved, and also the amount of work to design, order and ship any items.

That said, we're ready with our Boxed copies, and hopefully will be completely ready with the replacement rewards very soon.

I promise to make this a priority in the upcoming few weeks, so expect to hear from us if you're eligible for one of these rewards.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Clarification of this point?

"Replaced multiple existing inputs with toggle inputs".

This sounds potentially extremely bad. Does this mean for example something like switch air to air mode instead of being press one key for air to air, press other key for air to ground, would be press single key to switch between the two.

This is going to mean the desktop aviator board I just ordered will be useless if so, because I got the one that sends separate quarter second pulses on each switch position. Also the TM warthog toggles would cease to function without the use of 3rd party software or target.

Currently the only command I know of that's a toggle is the unlock throttle and it's impossible to use properly with toggle switches or the TM warthog throttle idle. Without using target to script it that is, and even then it's problematic. The separate on / off key presses you guys have now are great the way they are.

Edited by FeistyLemur

I prefer the way it is for keyboard too. all of my keys are bound just the way I want. For example qa ws ed rf all represent toggle switch positions.

When I press q and f at the same time, I am now in set up for firing cannons. Q putting the gun mode switch up, and F putting the giro mode on. It's definitive, and I don't have to look at the screen to know it's how I want it. If it's a toggle, now I don't know what position it's in without looking. It's less definitive, and actually more problematic to use.

I have shift q and shift a set as up and down position for the master gun on off switch. I can turn it on and off while i'm looking out the side of the canopy and know I have it in the right position without looking over and wondering which position it just toggled to, or remembering what position it was in before.

I simply can't imagine anyone preferring a single key cycling through up to 3 commands. More options is perfectly fine if this isn't taking away the current functions, but if this is going to utterly break my control set up overnight this is extremely frustrating.

Edited by FeistyLemur

Yes, please don't remove the existing binds, or my plans to make a toggle switch panel basically are thrown out the window. And I just spent a hundred bucks ordering parts for it.

You can still use toggle switches with toggle (single button) commands, but having the option of using either is best.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

You can still use toggle switches with toggle (single button) commands, but having the option of using either is best.

Not properly. And not without using target if you use the TM warhog. The only toggle currently in the game I'm aware of is the throttle stop, and there's no way to make it work right without using the target software to send pulses instead of the default behavior.

And in addition to this it's bad for any other kind of toggle because it needs to be synced then. Assuming you have a single pulse toggle if the switch is in the wrong position when you start you have to physically click the cockpit one to get them in sync.

The board I have coming is dual pulse, example switch up, joystick button 1, switch down, joystick button 2. This becomes useless if everything is changed to toggle presses. I specifically ordered it rather than the single pulse because of the way the game is now with separate commands. This is ideal because no matter what, flipping the switch down will do what it's supposed to 100% of the time with zero uncertainty.

Taking away this functionality would be very bad. Add toggles if you must, but please don't remove what's already there and working.

Edited by FeistyLemur

Taking away this functionality would be very bad. Add toggles if you must, but please don't remove what's already there and working.

Agreed!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, wait for see what was changed, but being realistic the word "Replaced" don't should give you much hope... ;)

The case is that many "virpilovs" just want map the landing gear control in one joystick button... :joystick: :D

It doesn't, it has me pretty worried actually because I have the controls exactly as I like them and I don't want them replaced with a bunch of cheap toggles to satisfy people who want an unrealistic landing gear toggle.

I was really hoping the developers would make a comment on this.

The case is that many "virpilovs" just want map the landing gear control in one joystick button... :joystick: :D

Instead of designating a dedicated shift button on the joystick and then using the separate commands (i.e. gear down and gear up) and thus knowing without visual verification whether the gears are ordered to deploy or retract.

I don't mind the toggle buttons for many of the functions (e.g. additional weapon panel toggle left/right commands would be very welcome if they're not in already?), but separate commands are also needed for various HOTAS and switch panel configurations. I hope it's just a typo in the release notes and would appreciate an official comment on this.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

In the list of updates to 1.5, i miss change information on navigation, radio, radar, weapons, flight model. They are expected correriran in the future?

Cheers

I don't know what the status on those is, but:

MiG-21bis

Here is a general overview of what is changed and fixed in the MiG-21 for the next patch.
Some fixes are not listed.

It is possible that some fixes are not listed at all, or listed only partially.

It is also very likely that some fixes may be in progress and not listed here to avoid disappointment, but may be included in the release.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg