F-86F Where's the Air Brake switch/indicator?

FONS

Hi, i am starting my training with the Sabre, i can move the air brakes with "F", but i have it assigned to my TM HOTAS WH and i would like to know where's the airbrake switch or an indicator to know the position they are, as i cannot see them with my diy tracker. I simply cannot find it in the cockpit, and as it doesn't have training missions. i feel forced to ask here :helpsmilie:

Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System

CPU: i7 4790K GPU: Asus GTX 970 4Gb MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO RAM: 16Gb OS: Win10 x64

There isn't one.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

• ED Team

Hi FONS,

the F-86F does not have an airbrake indicator in the cockpit.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So there's no switch? Then how did the real pilots activate the arbrakes?? :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System

Switch your hydraulic gauge to the upper position (utility) instead of normal or alternate and you can see, if you engage the airbrakes, how the hydraulic gets depleted and refills if they engaged or disengaged completely (if your engine is running).

Using this you can tell if the airbrakes are completely engaged/disengaged and stop pressing the airbrake switch.

As said you can't tell in which position they are currently if you forgot. But if you press "engage airbrakes" and you do not see the gauge moving... they where already engaged etc.

PS: After engine shutdown you would usually engage the airbrake and deplete all the hydraulic.

Heres the image:

EvHZTjo.jpg

And heres a image of the utility hydraulic system, as you can see it is used for operating the speed brakes, gear and nosewheel/brake:

wp95qVY.jpg

Well and here is the normal and alternate system which operate the flight control surfaces (so that the pilot must not bring up force to move the stick in any circumstances):

wzMsNca.jpg

But do not forget to turn the normal hydraulic system on because when engine starts the sabre automatically engages the alternate-backup system for startup. You can switch back to the normal system by using that switch:

9rvzYBl.jpg

But this will only work after engine is running as said. You can see it worked by noticing "Alternate ON"-Warning light on the front panel going off:

WFqftZ7.jpg

Edited by Zabuza

OMG Zabuza man, thank you very much, that information was awesome man, that was exactly the kind information i was looking for. Thanks again for taking the time to easily explain it! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System