DCS:C-101 FAQ

JuanOscar

We have been receiving similar questions from many people. So we are going to try to clarify and bring some light. Feel free to post any question pending from your side regarding DCS:C-101.

DCS: C-101 FAQ

------------------------------

Are you selling two versions of the product with SFM and AFM?

We have been discussing this a lot recently in AvioDev, and also with ED, to find the best way to proceed. Also we have been paying attention to all your comments.

There won't be two versions. DCS:C-101 will be upgrade to AFM which will be included in the product.

So what items include DCS:C-101 product?

DSC:C-101 is sell as a full-pack and will be comprised by:

- C-101EB Trainer version (released initially with SFM)

- C-101CC Light Attack version (coming after EB and with SFM)

- AFM upgrade for C-101EB and C-101CC (SFM won't be available anymore)

Which will be the price for DCS:C-101?

ED is releasing an official press release very soon, where the price will be available.

What the AFM is bringing?

There is already a great work on the aircraft, with the model, textures and advanced systems modelled, you already have a very capable simulator. The AFM is just going to complete the piece, with advanced aerodynamics and advanced engine model, the DCS:C-101 it will become a powerful and deep hardcore simulator.

Are you planning training missions, tutorials etc. ?

Yes, we are planing a training plan, because we feel the C-101 has a lot of potential for this purpose. We are discussing if we should do it now, or wait for the AFM release, to make what we want from the beginning without remove anything and waste resources. We think this is an specific area, where is possible to do something very interestiing.

I'm watching some videos with abnormal ADI behavior, is it a bug?

No, it is not. The C-101 has an old system called TARSYN, to give information to ADI and HSI. On aerobatic flight or aggressive maneuvers, the gyroscopes cannot follow the maneuvers, and starts to drag some errors. So ADI is not trustable for aerobatic flight on C-101, and reference from the horizon compared with parts of the aircraft it's the only way. We wanted to capture this kind of details in our project. For IFR it should be ok.

Are you releasing a skin template?

Yes, we want to release a template to customize your liveries. It won't be available for the release but in the next weeks.

What kind of documentation is coming with the product?

First document to be released it's going to be the Quick Start Guide in english, followed by the spanish version.

Later manual in english and most probably in spanish it will be released to complete the documentation for the product.

Extra documentation for training missions/plan it will be evaluated.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Thanks for the update JuanOscar, and for clarifying a few points for us.

The C-101 is a great aircraft and you and your team have done a awesome job.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

... There won't be two versions. DCS:C-101 will be upgrade to AFM which will be included in the product.

Hi, Thanks a lot for clarifying this point. I will purchase it as soon as it's released :D

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

What is the planned time frame for completion of 2nd aircraft, missions, manuals, AFM, etc.?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the update and the clarification, It will help to get more people involved.

And thanks to be such a communicative team. I think it is, for the moment, the best skill in your team, people should be satisfaied to see that even on sunday at lunch time you are working to get your product ready and everyone informed...Bravo.

Waiting to buy your product.

If the price...

I find the inability to quote a price, disturbing.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Could we get some loadout examples for the CC model? And info about the sea eagle, if possible :)

When we have more advanced the CC version, we will publish the progress about CC systems, don't worry. In any case, I'm pretty sure, Tango will comment something about CC model :)

Thanks for the update. For the ADI error, is there a 'quick align' button like in other aircraft? Also, does the CC have the same issue?

There is a fast erection switch, you have to fly straight, wings level for a while, for settling. CC carries a different system, not the TARSYN.

What is the planned time frame for completion of 2nd aircraft, missions, manuals, AFM, etc.?

Difficult to say, we are reasonable optimistic, and we are doing our best. Once is near complete we can write here something more accurate.

I find the inability to quote a price, disturbing.

Nothing disturbing, it will be announced at an official press release from ED.

Edited by JuanOscar
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Day 1 buy for me, I was on the fence because of the AFM/SFM question but not any more!

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie: