Release??

Revan

Oh Fields, My Fields is always welcome.

Based World in Conflict. There needs to be a lot more Cold-War-Gone-Hot style games. Thankfully DCS is one of those that helps me reenact them, its my war fetish:megalol:

There needs to be more games with that level of story-telling quality, period. WiC was sheer brilliance. I can't decide whose arc I liked better; Malashenko's or Bannon's.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would enjoy a pc simulator with a story that is such that war doesn't happen right away, but you get to play in peace time that is about to break into war time.. so you do all the air combat patrols at the border, getting pinged by enemy radar, all the time not knowing is the enemy attacking or just provocating.. and tensions build up, you do training etc..

and then AI decides on other factors (to which you could enact as a strategic player-like putting armored division near the border, or start moving theater ballistic missiles closer to the border etc, or have those options once the enemy is starting to deliver huge quantaties of jet fuel to airports etc..). so all kind of missions would be possible in peace time even..

like recon at the border with Su24MR(oh DCS do this one next,lol)) .. or Mig-25 recon version..

to all kind of other SEAD preparation flights, with a story to match it all..

and you have something that just might attract the dumb-dumb population of arcade shooters but would be soo good it would force them to learn the art of blowing stuff up in a fully detailed war machine like DCS offers..

ahh my dream..

Nice dream.

i would enjoy a pc simulator with a story that is such that war doesn't happen right away, but you get to play in peace time that is about to break into war time.. so you do all the air combat patrols at the border, getting pinged by enemy radar, all the time not knowing is the enemy attacking or just provocating.. and tensions build up, you do training etc..

and then AI decides on other factors (to which you could enact as a strategic player-like putting armored division near the border, or start moving theater ballistic missiles closer to the border etc, or have those options once the enemy is starting to deliver huge quantaties of jet fuel to airports etc..). so all kind of missions would be possible in peace time even..

like recon at the border with Su24MR(oh DCS do this one next,lol)) .. or Mig-25 recon version..

to all kind of other SEAD preparation flights, with a story to match it all..

and you have something that just might attract the dumb-dumb population of arcade shooters but would be soo good it would force them to learn the art of blowing stuff up in a fully detailed war machine like DCS offers..

ahh my dream..

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Oh Fields, My Fields is always welcome.

The whole concert is very good, this is the opening song after the anthem.

The balalaika player was very impressive playing Paganini's Caprice.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Posting Repeated threads will not get you that information.

News will be released when there's news, no amount of posting and making new threads will change that.

*Merged with the other "Release/Info Request threads"

Rule 1.4. - Posts / threads That Undermine the Actions of the Forum staff, such as Opening threads that are Redundant, disruptive or Deal with Topics That have Been Previously Locked, Will result in administrative Actions Against the User.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

No release date yet. Sorry.

When we have set a solid, unmissable date, you will be the first to know.

Try to avoid overloading the dear mods here on the forum; none of us at LN have time to properly moderate at the moment gents. :)

This week the aircraft is going out to some outlets and people outside of LN, including livestreamer(s). Once those individuals plan out their streaming schedules, all info will be shared here.

I'd expect at least one new video within a week -- as well as a dev update at the very least.

EDIT: Made a mistake in this post. They will be going out early NEXT week. Apologies.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We all want to fly it,yes. ButHow about we tone this down and look at things coolheaded. Its Friday, chances are they not waiting on last moments of Pacific Time to announce release. Weekend release is out (I hope no one in ED nor 3rd party is ever working weekends). chances are it will not be out Monday morning either as this means things should have been finalyzed week prior. So no June release, which is still not the end of the world.

I provide time estimates for software that I make. When I promise something done but fail to finish by then, guess what happens? I don't t release it even though I prommised.! I will be answering to my boss of course, explaining what happened, but that does not change anything for the team I support and who needs my code - not ready! The thing is however we are not EDs , nor LNs bosses and as such they don't answer to us. And I'm sure LN would love to release more then anyone else because that means they finally can start getting paid for years hard work.

So yes, another call for patience!

Peace

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Try to avoid overloading the dear mods here on the forum; none of us at LN have time to properly moderate at the moment gents. :)

This week the aircraft is going out to some outlets and people outside of LN, including livestreamer(s). Once those individuals plan out their streaming schedules, all info will be shared here.

I'd expect at least one new video within a week -- as well as a dev update at the very least.

So, what you are saying is that ED has done its work, you have done your work, otherwise, those outside agencies wouldn't be able to do much of anything.

Also, what about the promise that backers would be getting the A/C a week before the general public. Is this still being honored.

So then we can rest assure, you are NOT making a june release date.

Edited by Mode1961

So, what you are saying is that ED has done its work, you have done your work, otherwise, those outside agencies wouldn't be able to do much of anything.

Also, what about the promise that backers would be getting the A/C a week before the general public. Is this still being honored.

So then we can rest assure, you are NOT making a june release date.

No, what I am saying is that we're sending out promo/preview copies.

These have no bearing on nor are they fully indicative of the published product, for various reasons. These are not review copies.

Early release for backers will be discussed internally at the next occasion.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

No, what I am saying is that we're sending out promo/preview copies.

These have no bearing on nor are they fully indicative of the published product, for various reasons. These are not review copies.

Early release for backers will be discussed internally at the next occasion.

But, are you confirming you are going to miss the June release schedule since July 1st is TUE.

When I got the DCS news mail about the Dora I figured it would be long before the MiG-21 would go out, so all my hopes for a soon to be released mig-21 went out the window with that mail. They are not making those mails to often, so maybe they are just going for a three-plane-release on 5. august where the FW-190 is the only real set and official date for any releases in DCS. One big update. FW-190 / Sabre / MiG-21 / (Edge?). Im sure ED is doing this.

Also, developers should really not give any estimates or release dates. Maybe Q estimates, but nothing more. All they get is whine and "Are we there yet!?" messages all the day. Like this one. We cant help it. We are like kids with a christmas present in our face that we are not allowed to open :P

EDIT: Made a mistake in this post. They will be going out early NEXT week. Apologies.

Thank You for info.....I have a strong hunch we'll be flying The Mig,Sabre and Dora along with 1.0.3 DCS World in mid August....all The ****STARS**** are aligned :thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Sums up my feelings pretty well. Just have to be patient I guess. Though it's getting harder and harder. :P

If we carry that metaphor to its natural conclusion and to be more accurate. We are like kids who are looking at a christmas present from 2 years ago that mommy keeps telling us we can open and then keep changing her mind.