Release??

Revan

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with next week or so because we all waited so long so a week or real two weeks won't kill us.

And maybe we can wait another 2 weeks or maybe another month after that. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

So tommorow is the release day ?

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

So tommorow is the release day ?

Would like it to be, but that is not the official word at all. I believe that started from someone joking about that being a good day for release because it is their birthday, and looks like people are starting to run with that.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I do believe they will release it before the months end. Just my opinion only. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I do believe they will release it before the months end. Just my opinion only. :)

I get that feeling as well, really hoping we're right :)

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

And maybe we can wait another 2 weeks or maybe another month after that. :music_whistling:

Very True, then again, we have waited 2 years for this , I mean 2 years AFTER the original release date from the Indigo.go campaign said it would be released.

I think that there is honestly a point where the consumer can no longer be reasonably asked to wait patiently, I mean, I am not saying that as a way to say "I want it now!" but more of a reply to those that say that they are willing to wait as long as it takes.

Don't get me wrong, I am also going to wait as long as it takes but at the same time, we are pretty close to release, ED has a evaluation copy in it's hands right now so it stands to reason that the product is close enough to being release worthy that anything longer than a week or two into July would be pushing it.

As I have said before, I suspect we will see a release this month, I would hope that if it were not the case, they would be willing to tell us before the month is over.

I think that there is honestly a point where the consumer can no longer be reasonably asked to wait patiently, I mean, I am not saying that as a way to say "I want it now!" but more of a reply to those that say that they are willing to wait as long as it takes.

Don't get me wrong, I am also going to wait as long as it takes but at the same time, we are pretty close to release, ED has a evaluation copy in it's hands right now so it stands to reason that the product is close enough to being release worthy that anything longer than a week or two into July would be pushing it.

As I have said before, I suspect we will see a release this month, I would hope that if it were not the case, they would be willing to tell us before the month is over.

Actually Mike, not only is waiting a thing that gamers must endure, but so are BUGS, I don't mean niggly little bugs but show stoppers.

Can you imagine ANYONE buying a car/appliance only to find out that it doesn't work OR some feature is missing that will be added later on. For example, Imagine buying a 4 slice toaster only to find out that 1 side doesn't work. No one would put up with that.

Now some will say that hardware is easier to put out than software but think about this, before software companies were able to easily (actually CHEAPLY) put out patches, their products worked alot better at release than they do now. How many AAA titles comes with a 0 day patch. Companies know gamers will put up with it and they can put out patches for very little cost.

Some heavier updates coming fairly soon.

In essence, bar a few minor bugs and one or two minor art tasks, the DCS: MiG-21 is pretty much finished. We're still working on a few tasks related to QC, Testing, and core integration.

We're pretty silent as it's been a couple of busy weeks for everyone. A close family member of mine passed away recently, triggering a lot of travel. Anothers' first child was born just a few days ago.

But we're remaining productive as ever.

Knowing that there is essentially not a single line of code left to be written is certainly a liberating feeling. :)

Cheers,

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thx for the heads up! :thumbup:

I guess some people are going to be disappointed because they won´t get their birthday presents tomorrow :)

Looking very much forward to the release. It´s been a long time coming...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Actually Mike, not only is waiting a thing that gamers must endure, but so are BUGS, I don't mean niggly little bugs but show stoppers.

Can you imagine ANYONE buying a car/appliance only to find out that it doesn't work OR some feature is missing that will be added later on. For example, Imagine buying a 4 slice toaster only to find out that 1 side doesn't work. No one would put up with that.

Now some will say that hardware is easier to put out than software but think about this, before software companies were able to easily (actually CHEAPLY) put out patches, their products worked alot better at release than they do now. How many AAA titles comes with a 0 day patch. Companies know gamers will put up with it and they can put out patches for very little cost.

I think you misunderstand my position, I am all about software companies taking the time needed to actually finish a product, I am all about software not having a bunch of bugs, that is not up for debate.

What I am saying is that many on this particular sub-forum have been in this thing for the long haul already, we have seen a lot of ups and downs and now we are finally at a point where release is near, you can literally feel the anticipation.

That said, since we know that it is close to release, since we know that the product is pretty much done, the idea that we should gladly accept even more waiting is kinda absurd, I mean, I understand that stuff happens but in all honesty, we are not looking at anything more than a small delay if there is even one at all.

Edited by statrekmike

I think you misunderstand my position, I am all about software companies taking the time needed to actually finish a product, I am all about software not having a bunch of bugs, that is not up for debate.

What I am saying is that many on this particular sub-forum have been in this thing for the long haul already, we have seen a lot of ups and downs and now we are finally at a point where release is near, you can literally feel the anticipation.

That said, since we know that it is close to release, since we know that the product is pretty much done, the idea that we should gladly accept even more waiting is kinda absurd, I mean, I understand that stuff happens but in all honesty, we are not looking at anything more than a small delay if there is even one at all.

I suppose what I am saying here is that anyone who is eager to see this released soon has EVERY right to want it either this month or VERY early next month, we are now past the point , there is a point where the fans are right to ask "Can we have it soon?" Especially when it is so close to being released.

Sorry but you have no RIGHT to anything other than the opportunity to purchase the product once it is truly available..

This post once again shows with awesome clarity why many devs are not posting constant updates and are staying very quiet until they are nearly ready to release a product... It has been shown over and over again that folks do not have the patience required for these projects so any dev communicating a timeframe and then having to back away from it... Is setting themselves up to burned at the stake...

:cry:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

you see?:) it works , now we have something :)

Real quick, what's the ratio of UpdateRequests: Updates?

Asking everyday for an update is not the reason updates are posted.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It has been shown over and over again that folks do not have the patience required for these projects so any dev communicating a timeframe and then having to back away from it... Is setting themselves up to burned at the stake...

Chris/Pman(VEAO) seem to handle the community pretty well and in turn I have seen a lot praise from the community to them for their communication. This in light that the Hawk is still going through it's legal hurdles but no pitch forks and axes to date.

EDIT: And may I add also that Cobras efforts in communication/interaction with the community should not go unnoticed also. His post from a few minutes ago is a good example.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Sorry but you have no RIGHT to anything other than the opportunity to purchase the product once it is truly available..

This post once again shows with awesome clarity why many devs are not posting constant updates and are staying very quiet until they are nearly ready to release a product... It has been shown over and over again that folks do not have the patience required for these projects so any dev communicating a timeframe and then having to back away from it... Is setting themselves up to burned at the stake...

Listen, I get what you are saying, I really do but I think you misunderstand what I am saying here.

I fully acknowledge that the only "right" I have as a consumer is to buy or not buy a product, I get that but at the same time, I am not talking about interacting with the dev's here, I am not saying that we go bang on the doors of Leatherneck studio when the clock hits midnight of the 20th.

No, I am talking specifically about the discussion of release dates among the other users here, specifically, when someone says something to the effect of "Hey, I hope it comes out soon, it has been a long wait already and apparently it is nearly done" and then someone replies with what essentially amounts to "It will be done when it is done, I can wait for years longer if that is what it takes" and then there are others who will reply with "Stop pressuring the dev's!".

The thing is, as I said before, many of us have been waiting a long time already and through several release dates at that, we are now at a point where we as consumers CAN logically expect a release pretty soon, Cobra even stated just now that it is pretty much done aside from a few little things so when someone on this forum acts like it could be months more and that we should just accept that, I am sorry, I don't buy it, even the dev's have indicated otherwise.

The same thing happened awhile ago, before Dolphin talked about the release schedule, a bunch of folks here just kinda assumed it would be months and months longer, that we would be looking at a autumn or winter release and that turned out to be nonsense.

Finally, stop with the guilt trip, seriously, any developer that makes a long awaited product expects and deals with anticipation and impatience on a daily basis, this forum seems to have two very different sides on this topic. The first side is the one that blames the consumers for every misunderstanding, every community backlash and every disappointed response on the fans. Even worse, this standpoint treats ED and any third party like a scared baby deer that can't possibly deal with the public and that every quiet spell where we don't get a lot of news is because we as fans were horrible and demanded too much.

The other side (where I sit) respects the developers ability to know when news should be released, when it should not be released and also how to deal with critical fans properly, I mean, they are all adults, they know how to deal with this stuff and in all honesty, the behavior on these forums is pretty mild at the worst compared to a lot of other forums I have been on.

So, please, lets not play the whole "it is our fault that they can't tell us anything" game, please, there are points where we the fans have a good reason to speak up about anything from release dates to product concerns and at the same time, we have seen time and time again that dev's have been able to rationally deal with it in a adult manner.

I know it is cool to blame the forum users for drawing the wrong conclusions, for getting too hooked on release dates and all that but in the end, it is NORMAL for fans to anticipate releases, it is normal for fans to look at every shred of news carefully (especially when there is not a lot to go on) and it is normal for the developers to take all those concerns to heart and either go with them or not.

• Like 1

Chris/Pman(VEAO) seem to handle the community pretty well and in turn I have seen a lot praise from the community to them for their communication. This in light that the Hawk is still going through it's legal hurdles but no pitch forks and axes to date.

EDIT: And may I add also that Cobras efforts in communication/interaction with the community should not go unnoticed also. His post from a few minutes ago is a good example.

I agree of course, but perhaps it´s a little easier for 3rd parties to deal with the expectations of the community because they "only" develop single modules that plug into the global platform.

ED has to manage every technical detail associated with the huge undertaking of fleshing out DCS World and thus has to confront the vast array of ideas and expectations people have about how (and when) something should be incorporated.

Certainly, individual modules of certain aircraft may also create some controversy (the canopy bar), but such specific details often don´t manage to get a larger number of people too excited.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

LOVE IT!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

• ED Team

Family first! Thanks for the update, and we will be ready when the MiG is ready :)

Some heavier updates coming fairly soon.

In essence, bar a few minor bugs and one or two minor art tasks, the DCS: MiG-21 is pretty much finished. We're still working on a few tasks related to QC, Testing, and core integration.

We're pretty silent as it's been a couple of busy weeks for everyone. A close family member of mine passed away recently, triggering a lot of travel. Anothers' first child was born just a few days ago.

But we're remaining productive as ever.

Knowing that there is essentially not a single line of code left to be written is certainly a liberating feeling. :)

Cheers,

Nick

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png