MFCD for FC3

Raf

Looks interesting.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I can get it work, the program runs but no connection

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

I've tried that addon today and find it a brilliant idea.

But what i've realized is a huge drop in frames.

Framerate is reduced to 25 with the MFCD displayed whereas the rate is above 40 without the display.

Regards

Herby

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@arkroyale048: I'm not getting a MFD from DCS, I'm drawing it myself based from exported data... the program also has a sort of logic inside to do that.

@JaBoG32_Herby: same FPS on mine. Don't know what's affecting it. It does export stuff in a speedy way, but it's just a few hundreds of bytes and it's a local socket anyway. How is the CPU usage?

I can get it work, the program runs but no connection

Can't help with just that information.

Being disconnected is the startup state, anything can have happened.

Have a dcs.log of that?

I'm trying to get it work. 1st the program then the dcs, but notting happens, I need to configure something in the dcs or put the program and put the program on the same folder that it the dcs?

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

Waypoints come from DCS so no, but you can create markpoints...

About 'installing' it, everytime you launch the program it checks in the SavedGames folder and puts the right lines in the export.lua, along with the lua script file. So if just for the first time you had to do it before launching DCS, cause it loads lua scripts at start.

After that, the files are going to remain the same, so it's irrelevant.

If it doesn't work, try checking dcs.log in Logs dir.

Hello Raf,

I just checked the CPU demand for jawa and found it pretty high.

I use an i7 2600k processor and the jawa process takes about 12% of the CPU capacity which equals one core.

I don't understand however why this has such an impact on DCS performance since the whole CPU is used by perhaps just 35% or so.

Regards

Herby

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Raf!

Your work seems very nice but I have the "no connection" problem. Here is my dcs.log but i don't find anything. I post it if you can take a look.

Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/rfjw9sH5

I had the same problem with "no connection". You need to have slmod installed to get it working (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979&highlight=slmod). At least that solved the problem for me.

And a big thanks to Raf for sharing this great tool. :thumbup:

I always was dreaming of something like this to have it exported to one of my MFD´s.

Cheers!

CPU: i9 9900K@5GHz

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC

HMD: Valve Index

RAM: 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4

HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR Pedals + Thrustmaster Warthog

The screen redrawal is triggered each time it arrives data from DCS.

Currently in the lua script it's sending stuff each 0.05secs. (it's like 20fps) It can be modified in the lua, but since everytime you start the program the lua gets overwritten, needs to be done by hand.

Would it be possible to have a moving map that also shows other aircraft in it, so we can fly together at poor weather and nighttime?

Or is there any mod that has another MFD or something that will show moving maps?

How hard is it to export the map and plane data to the MFD?

A moving map would be awesome and it would make navigation so much easier with the F15C.

Edited by Vähäkylä

Raf,

This is an awesome add-on.

The only thing I would ask for is keyboard shortcuts for the OSBs (since I use my MFDs in a TARGET profile, and I would like to incorporate your MFCD as an option).

The other thing that might be nice is if you can detect which aircraft is currently being flown, allow a separate XY for the F-15C. Reason for this is the F-15C uses the LMFD for the external radar display, whereas the other FC3 aircraft use the RMFD for the optics (Su-25T) or radar/MFD (Su-27/33/MiG-29) and dynamically repositioning the window to offset the in-game MFD would be great.

Thanks again.