GCI / AIDS systems

Silver_Dragon

Open that topic to research from Ground Control Interceptation / Integrated Air Defense System and other systems.

First a quote rescued from internet by google.

The MiG-29 Lazur Data Link System:

The Lazur Data link System is a two-way system, GCI-to-Fighter and Fighter-to-GCI. It is composed of the SAU-451-04 automatic control system, the E502-20/04 airborne guidance system, the R-862 radio, A-611 marker radio receiver, SO-69 ATC responder with the UNN block/K-42E kit, the ARK-19 radio compass, the TESTER-UZ/LK flight data recorder, and the ALMAZ-UP information reporting system. The MiG-29 appears to have no Fighter-to-Fighter capability yet. Transmitted target information is displayed on the HUD display which is the primarily display, then on the radar scope and appropriate cockpit instruments. The "GUIDANCE" switch on the Air-to-Ground Panel must be "ON". A Data Link Frequency nees to be selected and a Data Link Mode selected from the "GCI SITE", "AIR TRAFFIC", or "TERMINAL" options. The system operates in the VHF frequency band and is effectively line-of-sight limited.

The information displayed with 54 symbols or directives, some are listed below:

* closure speed command go-to

* continuous distance to prime selected target

* fixed distance to targets indicated

* end of intercept (flight recovery) command

* end of intercept (change target) command

* engine power setting commands

* afterburner activation (what stages if any?)

* interceptor aspect commands (go-to)

* interceptor altitude commands (go-to)

* interceptor course commands (go-to)

* interceptor speed commands (go-to)

* interceptor turn commands (go-to)

* missile warm-up (AA-10) commands (approx 3 minutes)

* target assignment commands for priority

* target elevation delta (ą) commands

* target true bearing commands for pointing

* target vertical speed (snap-up) command

* target range, look angle, speed, G, etc.

Some russian IADS (extract for SamSimulador docs)

Vector-2VE

IADS function is to automate pairing of targets with engagement weapons (fighters or SAMs). It uses information from radar battalions and a data link to transmit the designated target’s location to the SAM battalion every once every 10 seconds. The SAM battery has two connections to the IADS:

- The main connection is by ground cable

- The backup connection is by the 5Ya62, 5Ya63 “Tsikloida” (microwave relay)

The IADS interface to the SAM battery is the 5F24 cabin.

Vector-2VE

Fielded in 1980, at the fortified base “20”, near the city of Érd.

Capable of directing …

14 SAM batterys (SA-2 Guideline, SA-3 Goa)

6 fighter formations (MiG-21 Fishbed, MiG-23 Flogger)

… automatically, against 40 hostile targets simultaneously.

Senezh-ME

Fielded at Szarvaspuszta, during 1988, at the fortified base “50”.

Capable of directing…

17 SAM batterys (SA-2 Guideline, SA-3 Goa, SA-5 Gammon, SA-10 Grumble), altogether 24 target channel

MiG-21, MiG-23, MiG-25 fighter formations

… automatically, against 50 hostile targets simultaneously.

• 2 weeks later...

guys be serious, but I think that IADS would be very good addition to DCS. We should invite BMS to help us make it, they have experience with Falcon. I also think that Beczl might be doing some LAZUR related things for the Mig-21bis.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

It's more a question if the DCS World Engine even has the functionality to allow that type of interconnection of units.

Personally I'd be happy if there was a simple point and click screen of selecting and prioritizing targets for the individual AI of SAM sites to engage from a map created with sensor data. If the CP is knocked out, you can still use them, but you'd have to jump screens constantly between various systems to see where things are or to try and get a "big picture" and determine when to radiate and engage. Not really looking for the same level of detail as in the Sam Simulator in terms of fidelity in individual systems, but something that can be player controlled at least so in a MP environment things can get really interesting really fast.

Of course, with only the Su-25t right now with anti-rad capability, it would probably be far more than players can handle.

I'm looking at you 3rd Party projects. :D

• 1 year later...
Indeed - From now on I won't f*ck off my wingman without protection :D

Regards!

Think I'd better have a talk with my regular flying partners before this patch as well...

In lieu of proper AIDS simulation, IADS has gotta be a pretty high priority on ED's to-do list. Every time I take a Su-25T up to kill every single radar-based SAM unit in the AO, I can't shake the feeling of how incredibly cheap it is. Sure, I like that I can immediately switch over to an A-10 or Ka-50 and get to the real fun of DCS air-to-ground work, but this is a simulator. SEAD/DEAD has never been half as easy in real life as it is in-game.

Think I'd better have a talk with my regular flying partners before this patch as well...

In lieu of proper AIDS simulation, IADS has gotta be a pretty high priority on ED's to-do list. Every time I take a Su-25T up to kill every single radar-based SAM unit in the AO, I can't shake the feeling of how incredibly cheap it is. Sure, I like that I can immediately switch over to an A-10 or Ka-50 and get to the real fun of DCS air-to-ground work, but this is a simulator. SEAD/DEAD has never been half as easy in real life as it is in-game.

+1 for this. It's too easy for now.:)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]