DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy molly :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

After seen all those wonderful proyects, I hope some russian company take the idea of a Hardware line for the aircraft Simulation.

One question, I have seen the Kiev class aircraft-carrier in the video before. Like IA or for some new proyect onboard??

I really would want something like a Sea Operation Simulator. The Kiev Class have anti-submarine capability, but wich aircraft onboard?? Yak-39, Ka-27, Mi-14??

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The old retired Project 1143 kiev class CVHG carried 12xYak 38 Forger A, 1xYak 38 Forger B, 14x Ka-25PL Hormore A (or Ka-27 Helix after 84-85) and 3xKa-25 Hormore B.

Antiship capability:

2xAK-726

8xLaunchers with 8xP-500 Balzac with 8xP-500 recharge

Anti Air capability:

2xAK-726

8xAK-630

2xLaunchers doubles with Shtorm-M [sA-N-3] 36xmisiles (2xFC radars 2xtargets with 2xmissiles)

12xLaunchers with Kinzhail [sa-N-9] 96xmissiles (2xFC radars 2xtargets with 2xmissiles)

Antisubmarine:

1xLauncher double with 24xFRAS-1 [sUW-N-1]

2xRBU-6000

2xTorpedo tubes with 5xSet-65

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Ojo!!!!!!!, en el video se ve el Kiev, pero son Harriers!!!!!!!!! ponedlo en HD y fijaos en detalle.

Yes, could be the Harrier by Razbam, but the novelty is the Kiev aircraft-carrier. The question. could exist some new aircraft proyect for this aircraft-carrier?

No way that Kiev class have been made for the Harrier.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

None of the Content in those videos is representative of upcoming Modules or 3rd Party Modules.

They Are Simply Earlier Versions of EDGE running on Different Simulation platforms being used by other companies for training.

So dont go Posting DCS:KA-52, DCS:AV-8x, DCS: Whatever.

These maps are Commercial Property belonging to other Companies.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

None of the Content in those videos is representative of upcoming Modules or 3rd Party Modules.

They Are Simply Earlier Versions of EDGE running on Different Simulation platforms being used by other companies for training.

But is good to see the Kiev cruiser aircraft carrier. Could we comment that??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Correct. The only thing that should be taken away from those videos is how EDGE models maps. Even so, maps could greatly vary in their look based on elevation mesh detail, art-generated vs satellite generated textures, texture resolution, object population, etc.

Edited by Wags

Here are several new videos showing an older version of EDGE.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7W2HUQBQ8LL9WdYVlwM0A?feature=watch

Note: These videos are not operating within DCS, but rather dedicated image generator stations for professional training solutions.

Thank you Matt for sharing this with us :thumbsup:

very nice present yes.gif

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Correct. The only thing that should be taken away from those videos is how EDGE models maps. Even so, maps could greatly vary in their look based on elevation mesh detail, art-generated vs satellite generated textures, texture resolution, object population, etc.

i see but i guess those sim modules such as ka-52, mi-24, l-39 etc. works on DCS platform as well - especially desktop versions - but those developed modules not allowed for the public yet which is understandable for the ka-52 and mi-28

maybe few years later, right ? - when those modules will be "less" classified

sign-pic4.jpg

maybe few years later, right ? - when those modules will be "less" classified

Most likely not. People that build professional simulators usually don't want their simulator to be available to everybody. :noexpression:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Most likely not. People that build professional simulators usually don't want their simulator to be available to everybody. :noexpression:

ok, i understand - this is their "money making machine" which brings the income

but i think a real hydraulically operated professional simulator - with full/replica cockpit and many projectors - never will be a competitor/rival of a desktop pc simulator

so i dont think they should not worry about a ka-52 pc sim

sign-pic4.jpg

I don't think you understand. ED isn't the company that builds the simulators. They licensed their engine to someone that does. You think that company approves of the technology they paid good money for suddenly being available to competitors for 50 bucks? Think again...

On the other hand, the Mi-8 is available publicly now, so who knows. Still, looking at the Russian Federations current policy towards military espionage, i'd say you won't see those at DCS level for the next 10 years.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

i can understand all, when i wrote "this is their "money making machine" which brings the income then i meant not ed but belsimtek, altwolf, avia, concorde, csts dinamika, christie? etc. - who are the real costumers of ed and who probably all licensed the engine from ed - and made maps, 3d models, flight models for themselves, for their real simulators

i know they will release their pruducts - for pc sims - in the future only if they wont need those anymore for their real simulators

except if they made other contract with ed - maybe just like what happened with dcs:mi-8

avia corsica and mi-8 at 2:01

sign-pic4.jpg