Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #151
Merlin-27
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 3
Merlin-27 will become famous soon enoughMerlin-27 will become famous soon enoughMerlin-27 will become famous soon enoughMerlin-27 will become famous soon enough

I'm late to the party, but wow!
This has the potential to be some really great news for not only the WW2 guys but DCS overall. More horsepower to the cause. Can't wait.

[DoW] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D & FW190-D9
Visit Our Website to Get Teamspeak Access
Merlin-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #152
luthier1

Reputation power: 16
luthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of light

Hello folks,

Wow, what a big thread.

Sorry - this whole thing wasn't supposed to be public yet. A single misclick on my part set in motion a chain of events of such epic proportions, who could have ever guessed. And well, here we are.

I've been posting on a Russian forum a bunch last night since that's where the leak came out. Figured I owe it to you guys to actually post everything in English.

Here's what I talked about in Russian yesterday:

1. There’s a new project in development between RRG Studios (my company) and Eagle Dynamics.
2. We’re making a new WWII flight sim.
3. The general approach in the new sim is the same as in DCS: P-51.
4. Cockpit workload, cabin systems, levers-buttons-gears, reliance on actual historical manuals, and the flight model, will be the same as in DCS: P-51.
5. Modeling of various secondary internal systems, such as modeling the pressure inside each bend in the hydraulics, will be somewhat simplified.
6. The landscape in the new project will be based on EDGE.
7. The theater, planeset, screenshots, videos, etc – will come in due time.

And here's some new information:

1. Myself and a bunch of ED guys are flying in nice tight formation to the Flying Legends airshow tomorrow. We’ll go TSA on the vintage warbirds there. There’ll be lots of videos and photos.
2. The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

I'll hang around here for a few more hours, and then I'm off to Flying Legends until Tuesday.
luthier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #153
SiThSpAwN
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 55
SiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to allSiThSpAwN is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to SiThSpAwN

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier1 View Post
Hello folks,
Welcome to the party!

My projectsEDGE Map Size StatementED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • ED Product Terms"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #154
Boomer

Reputation power: 6
Boomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Boomer

Hi, welcome aboard. DCS World just became THE ultimate combat sim!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #155
Silver_Dragon

Reputation power: 25
Silver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightSilver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightSilver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightSilver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightSilver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightSilver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightSilver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightSilver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightSilver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightSilver_Dragon is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon Send a message via Skype™ to Silver_Dragon

Welcome

Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #156
Nirvi
ED Translator

Reputation power: 4
Nirvi has a spectacular aura aboutNirvi has a spectacular aura aboutNirvi has a spectacular aura aboutNirvi has a spectacular aura aboutNirvi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier1 View Post

2. The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

I'll hang around here for a few more hours, and then I'm off to Flying Legends until Tuesday.
Will the project be announced on 05:45?
Nirvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #157
SkateZilla
Moderator / Hall Monitor

Reputation power: 40
SkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to SkateZilla

1.6 month wait.... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
3x ASUS VS248HP + Acer AL2002W 16:10 Screen (7440x1080)
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro, Helios A-10C Profile.
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #158
luthier1

Reputation power: 16
luthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of lightluthier1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvi View Post
Will the project be announced on 05:45?
I'm thinking 1803 Moscow time.

My favorite time of day.

Also, thanks everybody, really nice to be here. Very excited about everything.
luthier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #159
otto

Reputation power: 2
otto has a spectacular aura aboutotto has a spectacular aura aboutotto has a spectacular aura aboutotto has a spectacular aura aboutotto has a spectacular aura about

I i don't understand why people trash il2 1946 or CLOD so much.I started playing 1946 online this spring after a 6 year brake.And played seriously for about a month.
And then tried DCS p51 and could land , kick the AI's ass without braking a sweat.The first 2-3 times i took off i crashed because i didn't know about the ruder locking deal and pushed the stick forward .Online i flew for a very limited time but only one of three guys barely beat me (Conquer).

I like to fly the DCS p51 a little more because you have to be very precise especialy in a dogfight.But you can only dogfight DCS p51 vs p51 for now and that is it.
Today il2 1946 has full scale aerial battles with realistic goals and such, realistic tactics (energy fighter vs maneuvering fighter, thach weave and so on ).

And even if RRG Studios does a less then stelar job which i don't belive, we will still have a complete ww2 sim rather then one plane at the moment.
otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #160
SkateZilla
Moderator / Hall Monitor

Reputation power: 40
SkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to allSkateZilla is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to SkateZilla

so I guess that rules out more info on Friday's Wagdate.
3x ASUS VS248HP + Acer AL2002W 16:10 Screen (7440x1080)
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro, Helios A-10C Profile.
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote