Any new info?!

Evilducky

I love the dodosim Jetranger certainly the best heli on the market for FSX, just a pity the dodosim Huey never turned up. Was looking forward to that one, and I agree Voxatc while not perfect, makes a huge difference. Easier on the radio panels when you use he saitek radio panel though. Not that it stops me crashing. ;)

Cowboy10uk

Yes, it was a pity the Huey did not eventuate, though I don't think we are going to be disappointed with the forthcoming one ? Yes, like all , Voxatc is not perfect, still the best AI atc available though ? I do use the Saitek radio panel, and I still crash taking my eye off the ball for a few seconds. As with the dodo, I'm hoping we will be able to do some firefighting, sling load, logistic missions with the Huey, and off course, a little combat in between, bring it on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ SkateZilla :

Sorry for you, but from what I read, you still had a nice career and opportunities, most than anyone ;-) !

I'm 18 YO and already PPL, dreaming of becoming a combat heli pilot in the ALAT ( French Army ), they got the Tiger... I should pass tests next year if all goes well, I'll tell you then ;-)

Another thing. If you guys want to save time when the Huey will be delivered, you'd better learn how to fly a real helicopter... as it will have nothing to do with the KA-50... And sorry to say that, but FSX, even greatly enhanced with Dodosim is still a joke about helicopters...

Please give a chance to X-Plane 10, it has really realistic default physics, and this guy made a perfect Bell 206. You can taste how it looks :

This particular Jet Ranger has awesome physics, the startup and overall all turbine management is perfectly simulated, with the starter, governor, twist grip and push to release button ( to close fuel ). Once you know how to handle this chopper, you surely won't have problem with the DCS Huey, as it should behave the same way ( not exactly the same, but closer than the KA50 or FSX ships... )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Hi Huey - you from France ?

You'll pass the test against my little brother, he is planning to take the ALAT test too :)

Watch out for the trees.

Every morning, while drinking my coffee, i actually dream having a tree collision in DCS :)

Please give a chance to X-Plane 10

Is that one really good ? I trashed the demo not even 5min after the setup, because i succeded a Looping right after takeoff, in a fully loaded 747.... I stopped there and did not tried helicopter side.

Hello Darkwolf,

Yes, I'm French. Hey nice, we'll maybe meet there ! It should be on September for me if all goes well !

Yes, X-Plane 10 is really good. The thing all of you have to know, is that it works really different than FS series games... And for example, if you try the demo without correctly calibrate your axis, map the switches, buttons etc, you'll face uncontrollable events.

I can assure you my early attempts at X-Plane ( back in V8 ) were just absolutely chaotic... but now, I can only take DCS if I want to fly on other sim.

Give your chance to X-Plane ( latest 10.20 64 bit version works really great ) with one or two great addons like the Dreamfoil's Bell 206 and R-22, and the awesome BK-117 from ND ( check You Tube ).

Sorry, don't want to deviate from original subject, just say some tips if you want to CORRECTLY train before taking the direct controls of the legend...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

@ SkateZilla :

Sorry for you, but from what I read, you still had a nice career and opportunities, most than anyone ;-) !

I'm 18 YO and already PPL, dreaming of becoming a combat heli pilot in the ALAT ( French Army ), they got the Tiger... I should pass tests next year if all goes well, I'll tell you then ;-)

Another thing. If you guys want to save time when the Huey will be delivered, you'd better learn how to fly a real helicopter... as it will have nothing to do with the KA-50... And sorry to say that, but FSX, even greatly enhanced with Dodosim is still a joke about helicopters...

Please give a chance to X-Plane 10, it has really realistic default physics, and this guy made a perfect Bell 206. You can taste how it looks :

This particular Jet Ranger has awesome physics, the startup and overall all turbine management is perfectly simulated, with the starter, governor, twist grip and push to release button ( to close fuel ). Once you know how to handle this chopper, you surely won't have problem with the DCS Huey, as it should behave the same way ( not exactly the same, but closer than the KA50 or FSX ships... )

Was always put off Xplane, because of the unrealistic cockpits. However after seeing this vid, I could be tempted.

Always looking for the best helo experience I can get.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• ED Team
Always looking for the best helo experience I can get.

I would stick with the KA-50 and save your money for the Huey then :) :thumbup:

its going to be awesome I can feel it in my old bones

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I would stick with the KA-50 and save your money for the Huey then :) :thumbup:

its going to be awesome I can feel it in my old bones

Lol, maybe I should make myself clear. I'm always looking for the best helo experience UNTIL dcs Huey turns up, because then my search is over. :)

Don't need to save money for the Huey as its been sat in my account since I first heard of this project. :)

Can't wait to take part in the first DCS MP Air assault. Gonna be blooming amazing.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

A matter of preference i suppose, i own both Dodo and Dream, but find myself drifting back to Dodo more often than not. Both have there pro's & con's and any difference at all is marginal,(when it comes to flight dynamics/physics). However, i have limited flight Hrs as a student rotary pilot, and you obviously have the experience to suggest that the Dodo is a joke, of which, i will have to agree to disagree on that one.Perhaps its just being able to revesit my last real time flight in familiar surroundings (home airfield)with great add on scenery, awesome add on weather,realistic add on ATC & AI Traffic, and perfectly being able to replicate my real time route, that i find appealing in comparison? Not my intention to turn this into Vs thread, so where's the Huey, bring it on.:joystick:

surely I must be late on the scene with these, I thought they were not releasing many screenshots yet? But i just did a google search "DCS UH-1H" clicked on images and there are heaps.....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

surely I must be late on the scene with these, I thought they were not releasing many screenshots yet? But i just did a google search "DCS UH-1H" clicked on images and there are heaps.....

Yep. These are all old, but they're still very pretty. :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

thats interesting why were they never posted here for all to see, NDA leaks?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

thats interesting why were they never posted here for all to see, NDA leaks?

Because they are unofficial and were simply made by an end-user altering game files.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

waiting patiently!!!!!:pilotfly:

Waiting impatiently hehe:D

edit: I 2nd the Vampire above, we need some new Huey eyecandy/p0rn!

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro