Will we ever see another hardcore jet sim from ED?

Risk

ED any hope of getting a new hardcore jet aircraft simulated like the what you did with A-10C? For me it was the level of systems simulated in a jet sim that drew me to DCS. I feel like those days are over and I was hoping you could let's us know if that is the case.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think those days are over?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team

In 2008 Ka-50 was released and in 2010 A-10C (I know P-51D in 2012 and it is awesome but it is not modern one) so someone could think two years just passed and no new addon from ED in sight soon.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

I think that whats happening is that they are going to take a more focused aproach and also working on lots of things at the same time. So we are going to see more harcore modules but they might take longer than before. As i understand third party addons also need work from ed so its a slower pace for more things to complement in the future.

Of course i could be wrong and we are going to get "tom clancys hawx" style addons from now on :lol:

ED any hope of getting a new hardcore jet aircraft simulated like the what you did with A-10C? For me it was the level of systems simulated in a jet sim that drew me to DCS. I feel like those days are over and I was hoping you could let's us know if that is the case.

F-18 is on its way, a recent ED video said so. I would think it would have to be at least as good as the Superbug or why purchase it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In 2008 Ka-50 was released and in 2010 A-10C (I know P-51D in 2012 and it is awesome but it is not modern one) so someone could think two years just passed and no new addon from ED in sight soon.

Maybe 2014???

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

i believe this year will see excellent modules..

Nevada

and the Hornet:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

F-18 is on its way, a recent ED video said so. I would think it would have to be at least as good as the Superbug or why purchase it?

It's on its way but my feeling is we'll be waiting a while. I hope I am wrong though.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Now that the FC3 fidelity model has invaded the DCS World, is this the new future standard of fidelity we may come to expect ?

nope

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Check wags profile picture... If it is what I think it is, it's gonna be at least 2013-14 time frame. But, I think ED will finish Nevada over the kurs of this year (lol@ kurs, sorry SH fan), maybe we get another updates to the mustang, but Beczl is to the rescue, and we can learn the Mig-21 and fly it this year too... I'm doing the habit of a 3 month flying to each module, just to harness my skills.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

... They light them up with a little 30 mike mike.

:rolleyes: ... really? You really said "mike mike" !? Oh brother ...

However I agree that the OP was rather trollish given the recent influx of great information. :thumbup:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Jane's F/A-18

As for hard core sims:

I flew Jane's F/A-18 for 12 years and never got tired. It was a learning experience with every mission. Aircraft carrier landings in the dark after flying 3 hour missions produced some serious adrenaline, making Jane's F/A-18 one of the best at the time. It's too bad they stopped producing simulators because they were on the right track if you like hard core sims. With clickable cockpits and very sofisticated radars and weaponary, flying air to air or air to ground was equally challenging.

Keep in mind it was produced in the 1990's with the computers of the time running it quite well so imagine what could be done today to produce a really hard core sim. FC3 is medium core, haven't tried the other modules so I can't say about them.

We all want information, but the problem is too many can't handle the information which is exactly why the information we all want the most isn't available. The online community forums have become our own worst enemies in this regard.

I mean think about this for a min. When software companies have been forthcoming with information in the past, the on-line community immediately becomes critical of the information they get which in turn can and has ended up diminishing the return the software company can get from their product because of the severely negative connotations that become directly attached to the software product and the company that was only attempting to give their customers/followers the information they wanted in the first place.

How many times have we heard the following complaints when information about a new product or addition is announced?

* That's not the product I wanted them to do so I refuse to buy it

* They should have chosen to do this variant instead of that one

* It won't run on my 7 year old computer on high settings.

* It's not detailed or complicated enough

* It's too complicated for what I was looking for

* It's going to cost too much I shouldn't have to pay for that when I already got this 6 year old software at a deep discount

* We want it NOW, but if it comes out too early it's a buggy piece of crap and I've deleted off my hard drive

* They said they'd release it this month and it's not yet out by the 5th, these guys are idiots

I could go on and on, but I think you guys get the idea, we've all seen these kinds of posts in the past. The lack of information we now get is a direct result of our inability to handle the information we used to get in the past and the negative effect it had on the companies who were actually producing the software we all wanted which brings us right back to.........

We will be getting the information and the product when it's done and ready to be released.

Edited by ronht
  • Like 3

Wow... So much is announced to be wip for DCS already and you come up such comment :doh:

No longer active in DCS...

Kuky, I'm guessing that he doesn't check here to often.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

We all want information, but the problem is too many can't handle the information which is exactly why the information we all want the most isn't available. The online community forums have become our own worst enemies in this regard.

I mean think about this for a min. When software companies have been forthcoming with information in the past, the on-line community immediately becomes critical of the information they get which in turn can and has ended up diminishing the return the software company can get from their product because of the severely negative connotations that become directly attached to the software product and the company that was only attempting to give their customers/followers the information they wanted in the first place.

How many times have we heard the following complaints when information about a new product or addition is announced?

* That's not the product I wanted them to do so I refuse to buy it

* They should have chosen to do this variant instead of that one

* It won't run on my 7 year old computer on high settings.

* It's not detailed or complicated enough

* It's too complicated for what I was looking for

* It's going to cost too much I shouldn't have to pay for that when I already got this 6 year old software at a deep discount

* We want it NOW, but if it comes out too early it's a buggy piece of crap and I've deleted off my hard drive

* They said they'd release it this month and it's not yet out by the 5th, these guys are idiots

I could go on and on, but I think you guys get the idea, we've all seen these kinds of posts in the past. The lack of information we now get is a direct result of our inability to handle the information we used to get in the past and the negative effect it had on the companies who were actually producing the software we all wanted which brings us right back to.........

We will be getting the information and the product when it's done and ready to be released.

+1

There is always Fighter OPS :megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

:megalol: :megalol: :megalol: :megalol: :megalol: :megalol: :megalol: :megalol: :megalol: :megalol:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals