Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you ED for giving attention to Su-27.

Keep up the great work.

Third party developers could have great use of TWS for MIG-29S, It could be used to model newer versions of Su-27 or MIG-29.

Glad you are happy.......for now :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

What about TTI timer for Rus birds? As far I know it's been proven to exist in SK manual so it is none of "science fiction" and it has great battle value for a pilot.

You right the SK version have this improvement, but I am really happy with all the 3D stuffs for the flanker... and why not, maybe for our Toat. Take your time ED, not so long but take your time:thumbup: anyway after all that I should say TAKE MY MONEY. good job!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure most of us here wouldn't mind waiting couple more months for the new features & fixes. With the new 6DOF cockpit for Su27, 29S radar mode and other (still classified) features in the mix, FC3 is getting better and better.

I don't mind the wait :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Lol! It is great to see that Ed has decided to amend fc3's core features. As some of others here, I hope afm ground handling like that of the choppers would be an amazing addition. But the ultimate swan song for lock on,s final release would be the 33 update and 6dof cockpits for other birds as well. Just saying. :p ... 6dof cockpit pack for a-10a, mig29, su33, su25,25t at 29.99$ ?? :p lol

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Ah, no use resisting :D I bought it. I'll get my old LockOn installed and hope it still activates :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Yes multiplayer is not very good. Not much options and searching for servers for the p-51d module sucks. Most servers are locked with passwords. Please ed create a more popular multiplayer enviroment.

But the singleplayer is great. Keep up the great work.

And consider better ground textures. The planes are very nice but the enviroment lacks believability. Low flying with wierd textures and bad roads is not that create.

Any plans on this?

A dedicated server run by DCS if possible. So no "HIGH" standards private Admin can kick&ban one from their private server.

EDIT1: if possible

Not if possible. This is a MUST.

EDIT2: Finally no more "anti-social behavioring admins".

EDIT3: maybe russians can join DCS World too ?

Sounds to me like you get kicked from servers a lot?

Just a theory: many people DON'T get kicked from servers. Maybe it's not the 'high standard admin' that is the problem, maybe it's the 'low standard you'? Just a theory.

Although dedicated servers WOULD be nice. Not for the reasons AirMarshal stated, but to enable a real large scale multiplayer environment. Like 100s of players flying at the same time...

• Like 1

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

so we wont see version 1.2.3 for a couple of months now??

Looks like 1.2.3 is still on track with the features and fixes in the original thread.

The new cockpit and other features mentioned in this thread that were not in the original thread are a couple of months out.

Probably time to lock this thread before our heads start to spin ;)

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

We honestly do listen, but we cannot meet all expectations. We could have kept the feature set frozen for FC3, but we read the feedback, we discussed it internally, and saw where the product was lacking from the view of our core customers (you guys.

Since we're adding radar modes and whatnot, here's hoping that some of what's not being mentioned at this early stage is some F-15 MPCD pages beyond the PACS; maybe a JTIDS/HSD page, and perhaps maybe a missile reject/cycle button.

I'd even go for a dedicated button for the NCTR integration instead of it being automatic...

(You know, little things)

:)

yes yes pls make a nice dedicated server.Lots of peoples waiting for it :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

^ ditto, Dedicated Server Program.

Simple GUI Menu, Loads DCSW program and Runs in Quietly in background, with option to bring up a display window/remote login.

That way i can put my old Server Box to good use.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

DCSW is already capable of providing a reliable, low resource dedicated server platform as is.

It is already possible to tweak the configuration files to a point where 3D rendering on the server side is disabled along with further resource minimization. Yes, it is a little bit more challenging and not as friendly - but it is better than before.

In my opinion, a lot of the current issues that need to be resolved concern overall multiplayer code stability rather than availability of dedicated server software.

True,

But for a 24/7 server, I'd rather run a small program in the systray than the entire GUI+DXRenderer. All it needs to do is coordinate, process and transmit the packets for users, without having to waste space/bandwidth for transmitting data for an "idle" player (hosts player).

But agree, the MP Code needs to be cleaned up, but thats a bit away as ED is constantly Adding/removing code as they upgrade the engine and add/remove new/old features to it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

Regarding a dedicated server. Work on this has been underway but had to be placed on hold given the current instability in network play. Once we get network play stable again, work on the dedicated server will resume.