SFJackBauer's Saitek X-52 Profile

Can it be used directly into DCS World? In case it can't, what would I have to do to get it working correctly?

Thanks for this fantastic profile I've been using since the very first beta until now.:thumbup:

Edit.

Ok solved. I only hat to change button 6 from "switch" to "modifier". That was all.

Edited by coke23

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI GT72 6QD Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX970M 3GB DDR5 - 256 GB M.2. SATA SSD + 1TB HDD 7200 RPM - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full-HD IPS Screen - Trackir 5 - HOTAS Warthog

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the X52 pro link on page 4 updated? if it is not does anyone else have an updated version?

BittleRyan: did you find an updated x52 pro version. The one off page 4 definitely seems messed up with the current version of A10. Only about half the mappings are right with a whole bunch miss mapped or simply missing.

• 2 weeks later...
Can it be used directly into DCS World? In case it can't, what would I have to do to get it working correctly?

Thanks for this fantastic profile I've been using since the very first beta until now.:thumbup:

Edit.

Ok solved. I only hat to change button 6 from "switch" to "modifier". That was all.

Can you expound on what process you used to change button 6? I'd love to still use this profile but don't want to mess it up while importing it as I've heard that can mess up your entire install.

• 2 weeks later...
BittleRyan: did you find an updated x52 pro version. The one off page 4 definitely seems messed up with the current version of A10. Only about half the mappings are right with a whole bunch miss mapped or simply missing.

I'm wondering the same thing

This game is making my head HURT!!!:pilotfly:

I originally had A10C and BS1 on steam. And I then downloaded DCW world, the new A10C 1.2 module, and purchased the BS2 upgrade. All seems to be ok with that part. I then started looking around for profiles/lua files for my X52Pro, and I found this setup. I downloaded the zip file from page 4 of this topic, and installed per the directions.

I WAS having problems with the X52 pinkie switch, but after wading through all 20 or so pages of the topic I got the JOY_BTN6 setup as a modifier.

I am still having issues with the speed brake setup! The original (page one) posting by SFJACK says to change the fore/aft to "N" & "B" but the .PR0 file that I downloaded has the slider settings to "A" & "S"?!? yet the DCS keyboard settings are LSHIFT+B and LCONTROL+B.

To further add to my confusion, there appears to be separate settings in the DCS controls for A10C GAME and A10C REAL. :cry: And even worse in GAME mode "A" & "S" have no conflicts, but "B" & "N" conflict with autolock nearest/previous surface targets. In REAL mode "B","N" & "S" have no conflicts, but "A" conflicts with LAAP engage/disengage.

I'm sort of confused by the GAME/REAL settings. I'm trying to get through the manual, and the training before I start trying any missions. But from my feeble attempts to figure things out it looks to me like missions are played in GAME mode settings and the training sessions are in REAL mode settings?!?!

:helpsmilie:

Mike

PS I did finally figure out how to change the key press assignments in SST for the band settings. What a PITA! you can's see the key settings until you "edit" the bands and drag the bands up/down so they are more or less equal, then click OK, then you can click on the current key assignment and type the new key you want. Then after changing the keys you have to go back to edit bands and set them back to 0-5%, 5%-95%, and 95%-100%...

More of the same guys....bear with me as i appreciate any help. I come from some more hardcore forums with my car, and know better than to ask a question like this without exhausting the search function since i know this has been beaten to death, but i still am unable to find an answer. so flame away...but provide some words of wisdom too if you can.

*** everything works except the speed brakes and mouse ***

SYSTEM INFO:

Windows 7 Ulimtimate 64 bit

Intel i5 650 @ 3.2GHz

RAM 8 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Bought the Saitek X52 (non pro).

installed the correct driver

installed the correct SST software

per the instructions i added the .lua to DCS after i cleared all the previous joystick shortcuts. I then added the pro to the sdu profiles folder. Everything works great in DCS except the mouse and slider.

I changed the speed break keyboard keys to "B" and "N". i checked and made sure this is what was being commanded in SST also.

if i go to my saitek icon, jack bauer's profile is selected, and shows up on my controller MFD. If i go to saitek control panel, it shows the slider and mouse working, but i cant seem to get them to work in DCS

ive been all over this forum and the web trying to find some obvious answer, but i have (i think) tried all the obvious stuff most others seem to miss.

any help would be appreciated.

Which settings (A10C Game or A10C REAL) did you change the key settings for? And are you testing in training missions or ?? See my post just above yours....

Oh and in your DCS options are the new joystick commands highlighted in red? If so you need to add Joy_BTN_6 to the modifiers list. The only other gotcha I found was if you are using the twist on the joystick for rudders (as opposed to actually having real rudder pedals) you have to select the rudder axis and click default... otherwise no steering.:doh:

Mind you I'm just as much a noob, if not more than you when it comes to this game...

More of the same guys....bear with me as i appreciate any help. I come from some more hardcore forums with my car, and know better than to ask a question like this without exhausting the search function since i know this has been beaten to death, but i still am unable to find an answer. so flame away...but provide some words of wisdom too if you can.

*** everything works except the speed brakes and mouse ***

SYSTEM INFO:

Windows 7 Ulimtimate 64 bit

Intel i5 650 @ 3.2GHz

RAM 8 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Bought the Saitek X52 (non pro).

installed the correct driver

installed the correct SST software

per the instructions i added the .lua to DCS after i cleared all the previous joystick shortcuts. I then added the pro to the sdu profiles folder. Everything works great in DCS except the mouse and slider.

I changed the speed break keyboard keys to "B" and "N". i checked and made sure this is what was being commanded in SST also.

if i go to my saitek icon, jack bauer's profile is selected, and shows up on my controller MFD. If i go to saitek control panel, it shows the slider and mouse working, but i cant seem to get them to work in DCS

ive been all over this forum and the web trying to find some obvious answer, but i have (i think) tried all the obvious stuff most others seem to miss.

any help would be appreciated.

TL;DR Speed brake / throttle mouse button FIXED:

here is the list of stuff i had to go through to make sure it worked. Basically all the steps are out there on forums somewhere, only they are in about 20 different threads, so it takes about 8 hours to read through all the junk to find the answer to each problem as you run across it. I'm no computer guru, but from the looks at all these threads, neither are a lot of people, so here is a comprehensive list of EVERYTHING i had to go through.... to see what my operating info was go back a couple posts (but basically windows 7, 64 bit)

This is for the x-52 (non pro) version. The one with the .pro file for Saitek and the .lau for DCS.

1. download/install the correct Driver

--- make sure you get the correct driver from http://www.saitek.com. There are two drop down windows under their software page. (the left one only will get you to the x52 pro driver). Use the drop down on the right selectjoystick, X52 (not X52 pro), your operating system, then download drivers 1st, SST software 2nd

--- to find out your what your operating system is go to "control panel", "system and security", then "system". everything will be listed there.

2. download/install the correct SST Software

3. Extract the file anywhere you want. Others have said to put it in certain folders, It honestly doesnt matter. just know where it is.

4. Rename both files to whatever the hell you want, but make sure both names are shorter than 16 total charatcers.

I found what worked for me was at this point doing the #2 and then #3 of Jack Bauer's instructions before doing #1.

so...

6. #2 of the OP. (load the .pro file)

7. load the profile in SST, make any changes you would like but....YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE ALL INPUT NAMES ARE 16 CHARACTERS OR LESS.

two issues with this. one, the name of the file that jack bauer gives you is too long. fix that. two, one of the DEFAULT command names is too long (for me it was "mouse scroll down") i ended up having to change this in the SST profiler to an actual keyboard command so i could give it a new name. every time i touched the mouse wheel, or boat switch, it would lock up.

8. make sure you open the SST profiler before DCS, select the profile you want, and leave the program running!!

9. right click on the icon on the lower right of your computer. it might be a small up arrow (windows 7) right click the Saitek icon and select the profile (it should be the same as whatever you renamed it to in step 4. .....and assuming you followed directions, it should be less than 16 characters total. the name should now appear on the MFD of your throttle control stick.

10. Open DCS....go to options....go to the tab that says controls

11. #1 of the OP (load the .lau file)

12. you will probably get a bunch of red boxes (these are boxes that have commands that arent recognized.) just go to the modifiers tab at the bottom left, click add. select joystick, click on the pinky button on the joystick or select joystick btn6 as a modifier, select okay. (all those red boxes should go away)

13. #3 of the OP (change the keyboard command characters for the speed brakes...found in the HOTAS section)

14. after this i had to shut everything down and restart the comp.

15. open SST, load profile

16. set this profile into the controller (right click the saitek icon bottom right of screen, left click on your profile) should appear on the MFD

17. open DCS.

18. at this point you can go back into the options/controls page and make sure everything is working, if you like. but you should be good to go.

that should be it. after all that mess and hours of research i was able to get it to work. two main issues i had though. make sure SST is running with the loaded profile while you are playing!! i was saving the profile, and loading it into the controller, so the correct file was displayed on the MFD, but that didnt seem to do the trick. Apparently the SST software needs to be running while playing.

Also, i knew about renaming the file, which i did, but i didnt think about renaming DEFAULT stuff the SST software names itself. Pretty much if ANY description pops up on the MFD is longer than 16 characters, it will lock SST and anything commanded in there will cease to work in DCS.

I am a pilot, so flying planes is what i know. computers, not so much. If anyone has any questions about these instructions (whether more clarity, or to correct something i have written because it is incorrect, please send me a PM)

thanks for the help!

Edited by Kibblez
found a fix!!!

• 4 weeks later...

de-ja-vous, de-ja-vous

Is the X52 pro link on page 4 updated? if it is not does anyone else have an updated version?

Same problem here. Most of the controls aren't mapped to anything.

Is there an updated version?

EDIT: Using x52 pro by the way :D

Edited by theelous3

• 1 month later...

First off, let me say a Huge thanks to JackBauer for sharing his profile! I think it's fairly spot on and works great!. Having said that however, I'm encountering a problem.

On my previous rig (modified Dell) with windows Vista home premium 32bit the profile worked like a charm. And I grew acustom to operating it. I've since built a brandy new machine with windows 7 64bit and now the profile isn't behaving like it used to.

Before I could use the pinky switch as a "modifyer". Hold it down china hat left, right etc. Lift it and I'm back to DMS. Likewise for TMS and Trim.

But now, the pinky switch is acting like a switch; in that I have to press and release to enter into a "different shift state". Then press again to return to previous shift state.

This makes it difficult when you're trying to aquire a target, TMS up, then TMS up long, then "pinky switch" coolie hat to switch to mav-china hat to slew seeker to spi, TMS up to lock.

If you're in the wrong "shift state" you end up centering your seeker, loosing your target and cursing the whole mess.

In the Options menu of the SIM it's recognzing JOY_BTN6 as the modifyer. When I go to "Modifyer" a window pops up with "add modifyer" and "add switch". JOY_BTN6 is under "switch" and I can't find it anywhere in any of the list of "switches" OR "modifyers"

I really like this profile and it HAS worked for me in the not so recent past, if anyone can help-It'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

ASUS Sabertooth X79 MoBo, Intel i7 3820 CPU, 16GB Corsair Dominator Ram, MSI GFX 680 Twin Frozr 4GB, OCZ 250GB SSD, Seagate 1TB HDD, OCZ 700watt PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler, Win7 Pro 64, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog FLT Controls, Saitek Combat Rudder Peddles, TrackIR5/Pro-clip

I noticed the same thing after changing to DCS world. I haven't got around to it, but I figured I would just go into the modifiers section and change it from an on off toggle to a "hold down" modifier. But as you say, that seems not to be the case.

I'll try it in a little while and report back how get on.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Well, I finally got it back working again, had to de-activate DCS and completely uninstall it and remove the "saved games" file as well. (I backed up the complete file to another hdd). NOW, however my slider isn't being recognized for use with the speed brakes nor is my "mini stick" recognized for use as a "slew". In the Profile editor it reacts normally however when I select "test profile" I get nothing one both. So, there's a "communication" error between the profiler and the sim. Probably have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and profile editor-AGAIN. UGH- so much time invested...

Side note: After reinstalling, I went into DCS Options, selected "Modifyers", selected "Modifyers" again (and NOT "Switches") then pressed the "Pinky Switch" and it recognized it right away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

ASUS Sabertooth X79 MoBo, Intel i7 3820 CPU, 16GB Corsair Dominator Ram, MSI GFX 680 Twin Frozr 4GB, OCZ 250GB SSD, Seagate 1TB HDD, OCZ 700watt PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler, Win7 Pro 64, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog FLT Controls, Saitek Combat Rudder Peddles, TrackIR5/Pro-clip

Success! after reinstalling the Saitek Profile Editor, All is right with the (DCS) World!.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

Glad you got it working. I still have to have a go. Hope I don't need to reinstall!

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

In all honesty though, you would probably do well with reinstalling (clean). Besure to "Deactivate" first otherwise you'll burn an authorization. It's found under C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\bin A10c_protect. With respect to what ever modifications you've made ie: Helios, View Ports or what have you-back up what ever changes you've made into a different folder and just replace them after your re-install.

I found that once I reinstalled Saitek drivers, Profile editor and followed the "profile installation instructions" Evreything fell back into place.

It sucks I know but you have to resolve your self to that option if nothing else works.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

Besure to "Deactivate" first otherwise you'll burn an authorization. It's found under C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\bin A10c_protect.

Actually, there is no need to deactivate for a reinstall. As long as your registry entries remain intact (which they will unless you manually alter them), you will not lose an activation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ah!

Thanks cchlidfan for that correction. I wasn't sure so...I thought oO(better to be safe then sorry).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

Luckily my fix was pretty easy, just went into controller settings and changed "JOY_BTN6" from a Switch to a Modifier, all good now!

That's Great! Quick and easy fix then, for some odd reason that option wasn't available to me... In any event, glad you're back up and "Flying Right"

~Blue Skies~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good start. You'll probably want to remap one of the hats to snap views though. Maybe move the coolie hat function to the throttle hat + modifier, and then use the lower stick hat + modifier for views.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Kibblez,

thanks a lot for your summary!

Tomorrow I will be getting my X52 non-pro, and for preparations, I dag through all those pages of this thread, while the buzzing in my head grew more and more from page to page...

So, when I have my stick, tomorrow, I know where I have to start, thanks to you! :thumbup:

*thumbs up*

And to all the others and SFJackBauer also a big thanks for working out all this stuff!

Greetz

Bexx0r

TL;DR Speed brake / throttle mouse button FIXED:

here is the list of stuff i had to go through to make sure it worked. Basically all the steps are out there on forums somewhere, only they are in about 20 different threads, so it takes about 8 hours to read through all the junk to find the answer to each problem as you run across it. I'm no computer guru, but from the looks at all these threads, neither are a lot of people, so here is a comprehensive list of EVERYTHING i had to go through.... to see what my operating info was go back a couple posts (but basically windows 7, 64 bit)

This is for the x-52 (non pro) version. The one with the .pro file for Saitek and the .lau for DCS.

1. download/install the correct Driver

--- make sure you get the correct driver from www.saitek.com. There are two drop down windows under their software page. (the left one only will get you to the x52 pro driver). Use the drop down on the right selectjoystick, X52 (not X52 pro), your operating system, then download drivers 1st, SST software 2nd

--- to find out your what your operating system is go to "control panel", "system and security", then "system". everything will be listed there.

2. download/install the correct SST Software

3. Extract the file anywhere you want. Others have said to put it in certain folders, It honestly doesnt matter. just know where it is.

4. Rename both files to whatever the hell you want, but make sure both names are shorter than 16 total charatcers.

I found what worked for me was at this point doing the #2 and then #3 of Jack Bauer's instructions before doing #1.

so...

6. #2 of the OP. (load the .pro file)

7. load the profile in SST, make any changes you would like but....YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE ALL INPUT NAMES ARE 16 CHARACTERS OR LESS.

two issues with this. one, the name of the file that jack bauer gives you is too long. fix that. two, one of the DEFAULT command names is too long (for me it was "mouse scroll down") i ended up having to change this in the SST profiler to an actual keyboard command so i could give it a new name. every time i touched the mouse wheel, or boat switch, it would lock up.

8. make sure you open the SST profiler before DCS, select the profile you want, and leave the program running!!

9. right click on the icon on the lower right of your computer. it might be a small up arrow (windows 7) right click the Saitek icon and select the profile (it should be the same as whatever you renamed it to in step 4. .....and assuming you followed directions, it should be less than 16 characters total. the name should now appear on the MFD of your throttle control stick.

10. Open DCS....go to options....go to the tab that says controls

11. #1 of the OP (load the .lau file)

12. you will probably get a bunch of red boxes (these are boxes that have commands that arent recognized.) just go to the modifiers tab at the bottom left, click add. select joystick, click on the pinky button on the joystick or select joystick btn6 as a modifier, select okay. (all those red boxes should go away)

13. #3 of the OP (change the keyboard command characters for the speed brakes...found in the HOTAS section)

14. after this i had to shut everything down and restart the comp.

15. open SST, load profile

16. set this profile into the controller (right click the saitek icon bottom right of screen, left click on your profile) should appear on the MFD

17. open DCS.

18. at this point you can go back into the options/controls page and make sure everything is working, if you like. but you should be good to go.

that should be it. after all that mess and hours of research i was able to get it to work. two main issues i had though. make sure SST is running with the loaded profile while you are playing!! i was saving the profile, and loading it into the controller, so the correct file was displayed on the MFD, but that didnt seem to do the trick. Apparently the SST software needs to be running while playing.

Also, i knew about renaming the file, which i did, but i didnt think about renaming DEFAULT stuff the SST software names itself. Pretty much if ANY description pops up on the MFD is longer than 16 characters, it will lock SST and anything commanded in there will cease to work in DCS.

I am a pilot, so flying planes is what i know. computers, not so much. If anyone has any questions about these instructions (whether more clarity, or to correct something i have written because it is incorrect, please send me a PM)

thanks for the help!

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

Ooooookidoki, I seem to have installed everything, correctly now.

Stick and Throttle are recognized, no crashes or BSODs and Jacks profile is also recognized. :thumbup:

But now comes the heavy part of learning all the functions.

It would come in handy if there was a mapping illustration of Jack's profile, which could be printed out on A3.

I hope I did not oversee it in this big thread.

Is something like that out there and could somebody provide it? :helpsmilie:

Many thanks!

Bexx0r

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

Ooooookidoki, I seem to have installed everything, correctly now.

Stick and Throttle are recognized, no crashes or BSODs and Jacks profile is also recognized. :thumbup:

But now comes the heavy part of learning all the functions.

It would come in handy if there was a mapping illustration of Jack's profile, which could be printed out on A3.

I hope I did not oversee it in this big thread.

Is something like that out there and could somebody provide it? :helpsmilie:

Many thanks!

Bexx0r

This is not Jack's profile but it's one I made. Check you the 4th post down.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86212

I tried to match the Warthog HOTAS as closely as possible. You do need to move between the profiles but it works well for me.

Blue= DMS and general flight commands

Purple= CMS and defensive commands

Red= TMS and offensive flight commands

Also I'm using Helios and I have an area that I click on that brings up the image of my layout. :)

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|