Why cant I see at night with TGP ?

EventHorizon

have a look at the A10c manual > DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Doc\DCS A-10C Flight Manual EN.pdf starting at page 90...

you want to know the key commands what your "boat Switch" does when the TGP is SOI.

Default HOTAS Boat Switch keyboard commands:

After: R-Alt+Left(arrow)

Center: R-Alt+Down(arrow)

Froward: R-Alt+Right(arrow)

Edited by PeterP

again: Read the manual -and also have a look at the controls options - so you hopefully realise that you can set up your buttons how you want...

Nevermind...

Is there no way to do it with mouse and keyboard ??? Im using a logitech joystick... nothing fancy

I'm also thanking you for thanking me!

...to bypass a long winded search (you are looking also for the A-10C GUI Manual): http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/

EDIT:

Welcome aboard!:)

[Rant]*sorry* I have to write it now - it's long overdue -you are only a target but it is directed also to many more others...

:) Please don't get me wrong - but I see every day several "unnecessary" threads where people "hammering" their questions in the keyboard - instead that they have a look in the manual ... Further: they not only fwasting their own time... for me more important: they waste also the time of others... simply because they didn't looked in the manual... or just don't use the forum-search... - like you agreed to the forum-rules

:)

well - I had no problem to answer your question ... but I find it strange that the next question came in a time-frame that makes it impossible that you looked up what I had wrote... - thats what triggered this response of mine!

To give you a Idea where I come from:

I grow up in a world where there was no I-net ... I'm used to look first into manuals or in a "ReadMe" before I ask in a forum ;) - >I had subscribed to six different fanzines to be "up to date" in the 90's...and I had to read,read,read....and I was waiting eagerly for the postman .... and the only way to get answers was to write user-letters and wait another month and hoping that they catch up my questions --- well "dark-times" some may say...

I just want/expect that others use their own brain to find a solution instead of using a search-engine /forum and wait for it...

*sorry*[/Rant]

Edited by PeterP
typo-pipaipo

Is there no way to do it with mouse and keyboard ??? Im using a logitech joystick... nothing fancy

If I understand correctly, you're looking for a button like "activate FLIR on TGP". There is no such button per se.

The TGP's FLIR mode is fully integrated into the A-10C's HOTAS concept. To my knowledge, the only way to enable the FLIR on the TGP is to use the boat switch on the throttle. That switch has 3 positions, and with the TGP as SOI the three positions correspond to FLIR WHOT, CCD and FLIR BHOT respectively. So in order to activate the FLIR on the TGP, you'll have to understand the HOTAS concept (Stick, Throttle, SOI, SPI and so on) and follow it.

You should really do the training missions that come with the sim, because they do a very good job of explaining the HOTAS concept and the instructor also calls out the keyboard commands that are mapped to the HOTAS functions so that you're good to go with just about any joystick.

Edited by EtherealN

Ive looked and looked but cannot figure out what keyboard commands enable FLIR on the TGP... Im as blind as a bat.. .plz help.

As an answer (probably already addressed)

There is no active FLIR on the TGP. You can use WHOT (White hot) and BHOT (Black hot) modes by using the boat switch (Forward and Aft) to switch between these modes which may help.

Ok now I have a question, I just checked out the readme for my copy of A-10C, which is the version 1.2.0 module for DCS World, it references both a GUI manual and a Flight manual, however all I see for it, is the Flight manual, well three of them in three different languages.

Am I missing something, is the GUI manual tucked away somewhere else?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok now I have a question, I just checked out the readme for my copy of A-10C, which is the version 1.2.0 module for DCS World, it references both a GUI manual and a Flight manual, however all I see for it, is the Flight manual, well three of them in three different languages.

Am I missing something, is the GUI manual tucked away somewhere else?

instruct.png

"III.DOCUMENTATION

Game manuals are supplied in PDF format and can be found in the “Doc” folder of the installation directory." the README

it needs to be updated (for those who do read it)

it seems the only "manual" available stock is found in Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/ Mods/ plane name/ Docs , of which there is three manuals - German, English and Russian

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Thanks for the online link Peter, that allowed me to get it.

Interestingly, under that same DCS World - Documentaion folder on mine, it only lists the following:

DCS-A10C Flight Manual

DCS-KA50 Flight Manual

DCS-KA50 Quick Start Manual

It does not list, nor can I find in my install, the GUI manual for A10C. Strange.

Sorry it would seem I am now hijacking the thread, got carried away in the moment. Thanks again for the link.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I just deleted over 9000 posts in this thread. This thread will now return to topic, or harsh measures will be taken. Do not turn a request for help from a fellow community member into a debate about who is in what mood.

Seriously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

please also try this :

arrow.png

Untitled.png

... I discovered this fine tutorial just last month while reinstalling 1.2.0 to a second HDD - so I have all data every-time mobile with me... damn - I wish I had training aids like this while learning the Hog back then...

Edited by PeterP

It does not list, nor can I find in my install, the GUI manual for A10C. Strange.

Not strange, it isn't there for anyone's install. The GUI manual for the A-10, or any module, should cease to exist. The items covered within are really DCS World subjects. Once they have a chance to get a GUI manual rewritten then I am sure it will be included.

Currently, the A-10 GUI manual is the most up-to-date set of information.

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yep, I have already been going through the training missions, certainly very helpful but also still lots to learn.

Don B

:thumbup:

but also still lots to learn.
:)

:P

what a bummer! :D:P

yes - without a HOTAS that is reflecting the real it can be very complicated sometimes - but it is doable- you "just" have to set-up your own logic in the controller options by using the modifiers..

Edited by PeterP

Oh I do have the Warthog, which is very nice to have especially for this sim!

Don B

• 10 months later...

This may help for those of you who don't know what Boat switches are and where they can be found with keyboard and mouse by default: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/w/images/2/21/Dcsa10c-keybindings.pdf

PS, I know MOST people will not read the 700 page flight manual and others may choose to skip the games training missions and dive right in. For those of you who take this route, I would at least recommend you watch tutorial Youtube videos "Tigerpwrr is one guy who made a few and should be searchable with just dcs a-10c tiger"

Edited by LMoS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus P8Z77-M PRO // Core i7 -3770K@ 4300MHz // 8GB DDR3 1600 Kingston HyperX Blu // x4 WD Black HDD RAID0 // GeForce GTX 660 Ti x3 SLI /// Sound Blaster EVO ZXR Headphones /// Logitech K800 KB // Logitech G700 Mouse // TrackIR with

:D:D Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :D:D