Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
Cp

Reputation power: 10
Cp is just really niceCp is just really niceCp is just really niceCp is just really niceCp is just really niceCp is just really niceCp is just really niceCp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey45 View Post
You could probably do that with more then 2 bombs..
Yes, 10 at the same time is the maximum, but to do that I'd need at least 9 other human players to lase targets for me since you can't change the laser code on the AI JTACs.
Cp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
TurboHog

Reputation power: 14
TurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzJuniuz View Post
I just tried to answer his question but it's a good thing you pointed out the tactical value (or lack thereof) of doing such. I guess I'll be getting a B- for my answer then?
What you describe is something completely different. I describe the steps required for engaging an x amount of targets with an x amount of bombs. Unless you're unbelieveably fast in changing SPI, your method is how to kill 1 target with an x amount of bombs.

JTAC integration for the KA-50 And KA-50 JTAC training. Version 1.5 for DCSW 1.2.6+ released.
TurboHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
morgon

Reputation power: 3
morgon will become famous soon enoughmorgon will become famous soon enoughmorgon will become famous soon enoughmorgon will become famous soon enough

Well thanks for answers il be trying out this evening and hopefully had learnt another new thing by bed time

Wish this sim was as easy as F-18 interceptor, times have changed
Old 07-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #14
Evil.Bonsai

Reputation power: 7
Evil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboHog View Post
What you describe is something completely different. I describe the steps required for engaging an x amount of targets with an x amount of bombs. Unless you're unbelieveably fast in changing SPI, your method is how to kill 1 target with an x amount of bombs.
Not easy, but doable. Just zoom out enough with tgp to see most of your targets, pickle bombs 2s apart, first one hits, move the tgp cursor to the next.

Two targets wouldn't be too hard, but any more than that might be a tad difficult.
Evil.Bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #15
ENO
Veteran

Reputation power: 20
ENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of light

Yes. 2 seconds of aspect change will make a huge difference in trajectory considering they recommend you laze a target for the final 12 seconds of its drop.

Not easy but doable? Post a track.

"Eno's Firehouse- SimHQ Server Lounge"
"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art
ENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
Zenra

Reputation power: 9
Zenra is just really niceZenra is just really niceZenra is just really niceZenra is just really niceZenra is just really niceZenra is just really niceZenra is just really niceZenra is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgon View Post
Wish this sim was as easy as F-18 interceptor, times have changed
Well I don't , and yes, they certainly have
Old 07-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
Evil.Bonsai

Reputation power: 7
Evil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENO View Post
Yes. 2 seconds of aspect change will make a huge difference in trajectory considering they recommend you laze a target for the final 12 seconds of its drop.

Not easy but doable? Post a track.
You are right. With gbu-12's being free fall, I can't get them far apart enough to move my laser to another target. I dropped the about 4s apart (40deg or so ccip), but since I was traveling the same path, they ended up being close in space anyway. So though they dropped 4s apart, they landed about just over a second apart, not long enough to move the spot.

I'm thinking I've done this before in another sim, using glide bombs from much longer distance. Not sure if it was DI's Tornado IDS, SH's Falcon3 or Falcon4, or something I've forgotten. But I do remeber using a targeting pod and lasing a target, then moving to another target right next to it.

Oh, well.
Evil.Bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #18
StrongHarm

Reputation power: 55
StrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to beholdStrongHarm is a splendid one to behold

I like this method for multiple mavs.. doesn't require markpoints.
StrongHarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #19
ENO
Veteran

Reputation power: 20
ENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like guiding multiple hellfire missiles from ah-64 apache.

"Eno's Firehouse- SimHQ Server Lounge"
"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art
ENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
PlainSight

Reputation power: 10
PlainSight is just really nicePlainSight is just really nicePlainSight is just really nicePlainSight is just really nicePlainSight is just really nicePlainSight is just really nicePlainSight is just really nicePlainSight is just really nice

A10 is not a one-pass-haul-ass aircraft, so why bother? You'll drop all your ordinance WAY before even using half the fuel.