Force feedback with sidewinder not workin..

SYN_MrWolf

Hello guys,

I downloaded the new DCS world and the new p51 patch. Everything works fine, but I sitll don't feel any force feedback. The ffb heckboxes are activated.

I am using a Sidewinder ffb 2. Tips are very appreciated.

Thanks,

here is a check list for DCS 1.2.0 to get a MS_S_FFB_2 working like it should with the P-51D:

Options > Misc > Force Feedback Enabled is checked.

Options > Controls > P-51D real/Axis Commands >

click "SideWinder Force Feedback 2 Jostick" row and than on "FF Tune" > make sure "Swap axis" is checked and "Trimmer Force" is set to 100 and "Shake" is at least 50

This is really all you have to do to feel the shaking when close of a stall and stiffening of the stick when reaching higher speeds.

Please read here what to expect:

They stiffen as they must even when the empennage is washed by the slipstream. As you gain IAS they stiffen more.

I am not sure the stick must shake when firing. The airframe gets recoil itself so you need no unwanted control inputs when you firing. smile.gif I agree it's a fun but very far from the real things.

And anyway - the mechanics of FFB devices do not like this kind of excersizes...

• 1 year later...

I'm running the most recent 1.2.6.19532 ver now and tried the 51D again after a long time (probably soon after it came out as beta). I noticed that FFB support has been added at last, but only for applying stick force (changes by trimming as it is in the modern planes) - but, there's no shaking or buffeting prior to or even while stalling. That would be the most important FFB effect and we still don't have it even with the 51D module having left the beta stadium. I hope it gets added in one of the next patches as I can't imagine flying all those WW2 planes coming after Ilya's Kickstarter campaign without having proper FFB effects. By the way, Rise of Flight gives a very nice reference on how to do that. Stick force applies according to plane speed and even prop wash. So on the ground, the stick is loose and it stiffens up with increasing airspeed - additionally the elevator axis starts stiffening on the ground by increasing thust already while the ailerons stay loose. Haven't seen any better yet. It's the FFB reference IMHO - before it arrived, it was Il-2 :).

I agree on no shaking while firing guns. Maximum should be very little shake here that makes you notice the firing vibrations without adding unwanted input. I therefore completely removed the gun shake effects, and even more important, the bomb release "kick back" effect from Il-2 back then and I don't want to see them in any sim in the future :D

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg