Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Revelation

Reputation power: 17
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light
Default Crash Reporting

Since the thread is closed that was created by Panzertard and I wanted to add my 0.02 if you will allow.

When crash reporting it is imperative to provide as much detail as possible. When participating in the beta for DCS A-10C the community helped in trying to replicate errors that were reported to help ED discover the culprit and eventual fix. Let's hope the community keeps this up!

Also be sure to includ in your post detailed specifications as to your hardware, software and driver version. I know that DxDiag gives a lot of that information but the community in general may not be wiling to dig through it.

So be sure to post your specs so that we can all help each other thus helping ED.

Example:
Trying to takeoff in foul weather, game crashes when getting above low cloud base. Taking off from Batumi; crash occurs everytime at Batumi, at other airports there are no issues.

Win7 64Bit SP1
intet 2700K (not overclocked)
8 Gb ram
240 Gb Crucial SSD
Nvidia GTX 580 (dr v. 296.10)
Wharthog HOTAS
Beta #1 (full install or upgrade via patch) (obviously that later is for later beta releases)
Anti virus software (running, disabled, game mode)
Windows VAC
Installed with administrator privileges?

That's a quick run down of things that I could think of. There are so many things that can effect the stability of your game/sim so let's help by taking some of the guesswork out of it.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Nate--IRL--
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 177
Nate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud of

Good post.

Nate
Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
Echo38

Reputation power: 14
Echo38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of light

I have a number of crash logs prepared, but I'm unsure where best to put them. Is this sub-forum specifically for the stand-alone installation of DCS: P-51D? Or should I also report here crashes suffered in DCS World while flying the P-51D?
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz (4 cores)
RAM: 4.00 GB
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470
Echo38 is offline   Reply With Quote