Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #1
Nightmare5656

Reputation power: 0
Nightmare5656 is on a distinguished road
Default Simulator.exe

So I just installed FC2 again and am having some issues, well one really. Multi-player doesn't work. When I start single player, it works fine. I can go through options, editor, and it doesn't matter, works fine, until I do anything that loads simulator.exe. If I try and do it through a training mission, the editor, or the multi-player shortcut, nothing happens. When I view my processes it is there inside windows task manager, but nothing for the game loads.

Any suggestions?

If it helps, my system is:

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge OC'd to 4.8
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
EVGA GTX570 SLI

Oh, I checked my error logs with the game folder, Error is blank, the errors file says this:

2012/4/28 16:55
Nightmare5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
bobdude11

Reputation power: 0
bobdude11 is on a distinguished road

My system just provides a Windows "Ding" and it drops to the debriefing window. I double checked and I am still activated (re-activated actually) - no event log entries and no error logs being written.
bobdude11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
HiJack
Veteran

Reputation power: 62
HiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to behold

You guys don't say anything about what widows version but turning UAC off may be a start to check. Google UAC, there are tousands of guides how to do this out there.

Spoiler:

ASUS Z87-PLUS, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
Samsung SSD 840 PROSeries 256GB 2.5"
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Blaze
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 84
Blaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to beholdBlaze is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Blaze

There are rare occurrences when my FC2 takes over 5 minutes to load, even though it looks like a hung process. Just let it, it usually does.

Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
EtherealN
Coffee boy

Reputation power: 247
EtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant future

The most interesting isn't strictly the error.log, much more interesting is the .crash files, if any.

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер
Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog
DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules | Hell Yeah! | Norse Religious Education
EtherealN is offline   Reply With Quote