Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #251
Phantom88

Reputation power: 25
Phantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to all

Some more great tweaks here........
http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=370594

DDG-112
Patrick
Old 04-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #252
shamandgg
Veteran

Reputation power: 81
shamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to behold

Be very careful what tweaks you are applying to fsx.cfg with VRS F/A-18E. Many of them unwillingly cause LOD issues and VRS aicraft visibility in multiplayer!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #253
EagleEye
ED Translator

Reputation power: 24
EagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of lightEagleEye is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNusquam View Post
Also, just so you know, NDA's on the TacPack beta team have been relaxed, so there are a ton of new images and new info over in the VRS Tacpack forums.
Cool, thanks for this info ExNusquam!
Had a look at it. Pics are great. An YT vid would be really appreciated.

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ZOTAC GTX570|Win764bitHome|TrackIR5|MSFFB2/TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals
Old 04-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #254
EvilBivol-1
Belsimtek/TFC Associate

Reputation power: n/a
Send a message via MSN to EvilBivol-1

Please mind forum rule 1.12 when using the Eagle Dynamics forums to discuss news of other products.

1.12. - While general news and updates on other simulation projects are allowed in the Other Sims section, this is a privately run forum for Eagle Dynamics projects. General discussion and product support of other titles does not belong here and should be moved to the appropriate publisher/developer website.

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.
The Parable of Jane's A-10
Forum Rules
Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #255
aaron886
Veteran

Reputation power: 56
aaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure this is a terrible thoughtcrime, but... I keep wondering why? It's just more attention for ED's forum/community.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #256
Phantom88

Reputation power: 25
Phantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to allPhantom88 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBivol-1 View Post
Please mind forum rule 1.12 when using the Eagle Dynamics forums to discuss news of other products.

1.12. - While general news and updates on other simulation projects are allowed in the Other Sims section, this is a privately run forum for Eagle Dynamics projects. General discussion and product support of other titles does not belong here and should be moved to the appropriate publisher/developer website.
That seals it for me,DCS next Aircraft will be a F/A-18 Hornet
j/k lol

DDG-112
Patrick
Old 04-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #257
july865

Reputation power: 7
july865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the rough

i have been playing with this for the past 2 weeks and i think that it is quality stuff.
they have also indicated that they are in production of the 2 seater F model.

Asus Maxumus Extreme-iv z68, i7 2700k, 32g Corsair Dominator Series, EVGA 580 classified series, 240 OCZ Vertex-3 SSD, ASUS 32in monitor & 27in Viewsonic, Thrustmaster cougar pack, TrackIR 4
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #258
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 86
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold
Default VRS Superbug on sale

On sale for the next week...VRS Superbug download

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/produ...roductid=18572
ASUS P8P67Pro B3, i7-2600K@4.4GHz, Noctua U9 Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, 250GB & 500GB Samsung, 2TB WD Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme 4GB, Creative XFi PCI, Corsair AX850 Pro, Samsung 40H6350 TV, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel (P-51), Helios, and a really nice chair!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #259
thamuff

Reputation power: 19
thamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
On sale for the next week...VRS Superbug download

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/produ...roductid=18572
Thanks for the heads up, bought it and having a blast

Waiting for "Eagle Dynamics' Greatest engine Evar™"
Old 05-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #260
july865

Reputation power: 7
july865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the roughjuly865 is a jewel in the rough

As posted on the VRS Forum

by adiemus » Sat May 12, 2012 7:47 am

Time for another check in.

We're still in the middle of bug hunting. Jon's been doing extensive cleanups of the XML side of things, and working on updated documentation for all the new systems added in the TacPack.

There are a few things I'm currently working on. First is the Phalanx CIWS implementation for carrier point defense. Now, in addition to RIM-7's on the carrier, we've got the CIWS, which we implemented with tracers ala the C-RAM, so you have something to dodge. (minus the exploding shells of the C-RAM) Though it should be noted the tracers are only fired every 30th-ish simulated round, to keep from bogging the sim down.

I'm also working hard to fix a few odd recently emerging bugs in the FLIR/NVG implementation. Odd because I can't reproduce them, but multiple beta testers have, even though none of them has been traced to any code or config change between when they were working and when they stopped. (Making trying to fix them a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack while wearing welding gloves and a blindfold) The one variable that seems constant is that the only people affected have ATI cards, so I've actually ordered myself one to try to reproduce the problem locally. (If you're considering a video card for use with FSX, I can't recommend nVidia highly enough. We're not going to turn our backs on ATI users, but in our experience the incidence of issues is far lower with nVidia kit)

We are getting closer to an open beta, but we're not quite there yet. The NVG/FLIR are experimental features, but we're not going to knowingly ship them in a state likely to be broken for 70% of ATI card users.

Asus Maxumus Extreme-iv z68, i7 2700k, 32g Corsair Dominator Series, EVGA 580 classified series, 240 OCZ Vertex-3 SSD, ASUS 32in monitor & 27in Viewsonic, Thrustmaster cougar pack, TrackIR 4
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS
Closed Thread