FFB2 trim is good now but..

sylkhan

Using the axis-tune with a FFB stick will break the functionality of the trim.

when using a non-liniar curve the the FFB motors will be not in sync with the reported axis position any-more.

I use a MS-FFB2 and had about 6 hours flight-time with 1.1.1.1 and I can say that there is no noticeable change/issue with the sensitivity .

Please provide more info about the Stick you are using.

I don't share this opinion (I fly BS from day 1) - but I will have close look at this when I have some stick time again.

I have BS1 and BS2 installation and will run them side by side to check.

XY axies are too sensitive, specificaly Y near the center.

Could you please add a more precise description of the problem in the meantime?

I don't share this opinion (I fly BS from day 1) - but I will have close look at this when I have some stick time again.

I have BS1 and BS2 installation and will run them side by side to check.

Could you please add a more precise description of the problem in the meantime?

I flew BS1 from day one too, even falcon 3 from day 1 :)

No more precise description. the problem is simple. the sensitivity of the Y axies is too high near the center. The transition between 0 to 10%/15% is not smooth enough. It's better in BS1.

The difference between BS1 and BS2 is subtle, but real. You will see for yourself (I hope) :)

thanks PeterP

Hi Sylkhan,

Can't experience the lack of precision you are describing.

I made a track with a flight profile where I stay inside the regimes where you encounter this "too much sensitivity" as often as possible.

First I fly facing always another helicopter - than I make the funnel facing a tower-building and finally (to show off a little) I land without any auto-pilot channels enabled.

And when you watch closely the input indicator - you can see that everything is OK at my side and I'm in full control every-time.

Edited by PeterP

My first impression with BS2 was that the stick is more sensitive. After reading this thread I decided to test BS1 again and, definitively, BS2 is more sensitive, quite a lot.

But I don't understand why, if the joystick is the same, no curves nor deadzones and the range of motion of the virtual stick should be the same in both simulations, it should behave exactly equal.

My only guess so far - if this is true at all - what you can do to tweak the sensitivity of your joystick

is to edit the "JoyRange.cfg" in \DCS Black Shark 2\Config.

JoyRange = 400;

Lower the value to see if this will change the sensitivity. (BTW : this file is the same in BS1 and BS2)

I will not fiddle around with it - as you can see in post #8 - I have no problems at all.

and I don't know if this really will change something at all. But feel free to have a try.

Edited by PeterP

It may be related, or not, but, I've noticed that in BS2 the autopilot doesn't hold the pitch angle when doing moderate collective movements. It feels very much like doing the same with Flight Director on. In BS1 you can change altitude with collective without a need to touch the cyclic thanks to the autopilot keeping the pitch angle where it is as it is suppose to do.

• 1 month later...

default axes are the way to go with ffb. it gets a little sensitive when the BS is trimmed too well, where u dont feel any forces. like in a hover state. thats why i always try to trim to keep tension on the stick.

since the 1111 patch i cant complain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER