Wish List

Boneski

You can find out generally interesting things about these types of radars though - for one, they're still susceptible to the doppler notch :D

Lies. Everyone knows they implemented a direct hotline to god and know everything. :P

Now hopefully they'll never bother telling anyonw what type underwear I've got... :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another wish for FC3.

Correct ILS HUD symbolgy for the F15 and A10

F15 HUD ILS

f15hudils.jpg

Also it would be nice to see realistic Approach speeds/AOA relationship for the F15 for final approach and landing :)

f15iasvaoa.jpg

IAS at 21 units AOA v Wt.

So on speed (21units) at 32000Lbs (2000Lbs gas, empty Cl tank) with Flap App speed around 137KIAS at 21units gives typical 3 deg flight path.

In FC2 Typical App speeds are closer (though still faster) to the No flap speeds in the diagram above

f15vref.jpg

5 Units AOA, 162KIAS 3 deg flight path is what you get in FC2 (With Flap)

Edited by IvanK

the IAF ........maybe the best airforce in the world. they are even better then the americans, cause they combine good flying with good tech, not only good tech with average pilots.

Probably the most stupid thing I have ever read on the internet!

Sorry I don't have anything to add to the wish list... just had to jump in on what this guy said..... I don't even know where to begin to point out just how uninformed and quite frankly... retarded that statement is I just couldn't not respond to it.

Someone get this guy a book on the history of air combat

Mav

p.s No I'm not American.... so this has nothing to do with bias :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

It has been some 25 years since the Israeli Air Force participated in winning an air duel, that being said they are by a longway the most experienced Air Force in jet v jet A2A combat, the F-15's k/d ratio is testament to this.

Edited by Frostie
  • Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

It has been some 25 years since the Israeli Air Force participated in winning an air duel, that being said they are by a longway the most experienced Air Force in jet v jet A2A combat, the F-15's k/d ratio is testament to this.

... and the Israeli pilot selection is very tough. Plus, they practice "relegation" in their squadrons so the fighter pilots have to perform very well to keep their place.

... and Israel pumps out more scientists and entreprenuers per capita than just about anywhere else. That is why they innovate in targetting pods, UAVs, helmet-mounted sights (got a mate who worked in this area), anti-missile defences (including lasers), Western-Soviet weapon mashups (think Su-25 Skorpion among others), and electronic warefare (when they raided the Syrian nuclear reactor site a few years back they took over the Russian missile batteries, lol). Lots of Americans impressed with 'their' military tech don't realise it is often of Israeli design (just as Intel's CPUs are) or joint US-Israeli design (often meaning the US pays and the Israelis innovate).

So you're right the Israeli airforce has not been combat tested in a while, but the evidence is they have only got better while their opponents have not. What can definitely be questioned is the quality of (ground-force) IDF reservists, although programs are underway to improve this.

Calm down with the overrating of the IDF, current active duty pilots are not have shot any plane down in a war situation (what I know, could be rong), they may get trained by the facts what happend in the past (similar to US pilots from vietnam war facts), but alot things have changed.

And I guess there is no doubt that the current training what the US military is using and shares with NATO patners is one of the best. In case of CAS, CSAR etc, no one gets close to the Brits and US forces, I guess, to rate a airforce to be the best in the world, you need to see how the work in all scenarios, and I guess there comes no one close to the above two....

And btw, what about Greek and Turkish airforces, even when they not kill the other guy, but, constant fights over there, give them a good training and expirience! No wonder that the IDF started to train with Greeks (political or not) but it has a reason....

Edited by MoGas

Ok, gentlemen!

It seems there are lots of A-10A lovers around. So, let's forget taking the A-10A's place, and make a new room for F/A-18C.

Who would like the main idea of this thread?

F/A-18C is a multirole aircraft and has the capability of taking off and landing on a carrier.

This could add lots of things (carrier operations for instance) to EDGE, and prepare ED for DCS: F/A-18E Super Hornet (like A-10A and DCS: A-10C Warthog)!

DCS: F/A-18E Super Hornet lovers, it's your turn!

• Like 1

Let's fly together for the sake of peace :)

I foresee many superiority complexes arising from A-10C pilots toward A-10A pilots in a common server.

But yes, it would be nice if FC3 got some loving of additional simplified aircraft. I do wonder though if the A-10A will use the same modeled Mavericks as the A-10C currently uses... same goes for other shared weapons.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

There are other games like ACE which will let you do that but you will miss out. By flying just FC you miss out on the extra features a sim like DCS A-10C has. The study level for the C is not that much its actually a very simple aircraft to fly and use its weapons. eg for FC you push 7 and then d for A/G. In DCS I select the weapon on the MFD and push M.(how hard is that:D).

If those aircraft such as the F-16 and F/A-18 were to be modeled in FC you would miss out on detail and features which are what makes the aircraft so awesome to fly. The F-16 has alot of features which when flown make it extremely simple and effective to use. By removing those features for an FC level addon it would be a waste. I do agree that FC3 must have an addon aircraft they must not just release the same aircraft again as in FC1 and 2. There must be more aircraft added to make it value for money. Maybe something simple but fun such as Jaguar or Intruder.

I agree with the most of what you have written. Yes, it's better to simulate everything in proper way and after you learn everything - it will be way more fun... except that not everybody have time to learn something so complex.

I for one have to go to work and learn new stuff there, so I can keep up with the latest trends in my business. Also there's a college degree I have to finish some time in the future and require fair amount of studding also. Learning a complex highly detailed simulation of a combat plane is a bit too much for me for now. Maybe some time in the future, when I have more free time - YES, I definitely would fly it and enjoy it, but for now FC series give me everything I need - decent simulation of an flying inertial body and great graphics.

And what's wrong with having 2 products simulated in different level for the different users? Why is not possible to have let's say F-16 in FC and in DCS environment?

(when they raided the Syrian nuclear reactor site a few years back they took over the Russian missile batteries, lol)

I was just in SHOCK and AWE when I first heard of this strike and the way they carried it out. It was just a brilliant brilliant idea. :smartass:

• Like 1

Well Airbuster, the thing is that you don't really need more time to learn how to fly and fight with the DCS A-10C, even on max realism settings. If we compare to the A-10A in FC2, what you need to know for the Charlie to do what the Alpha does, is the following:

1) How to start (LWin-Home)

2) How to change master mode between Nav, CCIP, CCRP, A2A - a single button for all.

3) Where the Master Arm and Gun Arm switches are

4) How to select a weapon on DSMS (which is just "click DSMS, then click the weapon")

At this point, you now have the same capabilities as the A-10A in FC2, and you've spent perhaps 10 minutes learning it. ;) Perhaps a wee bit more since you might want to get used to the relevant TMS and China selections as far as Mavs go, but getting to the exact same spot as the FC2 A-10A is not a difficult thing - and anything you learn by accident after that is a bonus that adds new capabilities.

This, incidentally, is also why I giggle when people worry that DCS pilots are going to be out-competed by FC pilots online just because they have to learn more. Yes, they do, but learning enough to have operational capabilities the FC pilot can only dream about is done within an afternoon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I foresee many superiority complexes arising from A-10C pilots toward A-10A pilots in a common server.

Word^ All those Hardcore Guys. Still,. I'll keep my eyes peeled for those burning A-10A/C trails... they always show me where the target area is. :D:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simply stating that there is a very likely chance that words will probably be exchanged regarding the difference of the A-10A and the A-10C. I was going to use "falcon 4 complex"... its basically the same thing :D But it probably won't be as big of an issue unless a DCS fighter goes up against a FC fighter.

At any rate I do feel an A-10C pilot has an advantage when it comes to the avionics. Modernized avionics have the by-product of making things easier. It gives em more situation awareness, more weapons capability, and its abit easier to locate targets. Where-as I think flying an A-10A (given the FM doesn't change much) is abit easier and once bullet holes start forming in the airframe the A-10A pilot doesn't have as much that can go wrong.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

One thing you have to keep in mind when watching kegetys video is that you don't see a cockpit that is rendered of the Game-engine.

This cockpit is rendered in a second program and "projected" into the render of FC by DLL hooking.

All switches in the cockpit trigger scripts.

When saying "I can't believe it so hard implement"

and showing that video you are mixing Oranges with apples.

Putting in a new FM/Aircraft is a whole different task than "overlay" a new cockpit.

Don't get me wrong -Sure it looks really very nice and is a big step - but it is not a real part of the core-engine of FC.

But to be honest : This sure fulfils all aspect what is needed for the Low-level FM that is used in FC. - But for a DCS-Standard there has more to be done then only have a nice looking cockpit overlay.

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

I'm not talking about DCS standard, I'm talking about FC3. The cockpit has been so unmoddable, hard-coded or whatever that's it's just heartbreaking. So many years and not a single realistic cockpit mod, people flying aircrat with the cockpit of other aircraft, no modding tools to change that no nothing :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great to see many folks supporting A-10A in FC, that proves it's not about the depth of the sim only, but also about the joy and experience we had while flying FC. Great FC MP days can not be forgotten that easy, emotions rule everything at the end of the day.

• Like 1

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

I'm not talking about DCS standard, I'm talking about FC3. The cockpit has been so unmoddable, hard-coded or whatever that's it's just heartbreaking. So many years and not a single realistic cockpit mod, people flying aircrat with the cockpit of other aircraft, no modding tools to change that no nothing :(

Yeah, that's a shame. With some modding tools and some other features (some basic A/G radar functionality), Lock On could have been the perfect "lighter" sim to add various aircraft to (e.g. smth like Strike Fighters, but much better). Having aircraft like MiG-23, 25, A-6/7, etc. done on Lock On level of complexity added to the mix would have been awesome.

• Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The title of this thread makes me want to almost cry. For years, dedicated fans such as me just waiting for a DCS:Fighter and have been playing Lock On since 2003. You want to spend time on a new jet for FC?! Let DCS:Fighter come out then turn on game mode.

I have nothing against people that don't want hardcore realism. The above option makes us both happy ;)

I think I will go write a song now about the wait for DCS:Fighter. It is going to be an epic :)

As much as I love the history of the IDF, I wouldn't say it was brilliant, it was simply uncommon. When a challenge appears and a military force is truly applied to the objective, you see tactics that by today's standard might be considered "unconventional." The IDF simply doesn't care about what other countries think about how it operates... it just wants results.

Foreshadowing of what modern air combat would look like in a true war, not limited-action conflicts in Africa and the Middle East.

Back on friggin topic:

So on speed (21units) at 32000Lbs (2000Lbs gas, empty Cl tank) with Flap App speed around 137KIAS at 21units gives typical 3 deg flight path.)

Please note that units are not necessarily degrees. Meaning... think about an F-15 trying to land at 21 degrees alpha. (Instead of 21 units.) The tail would be buried into the ground. Difference being... FC2 displays alpha in degrees, whereas the real Eagle uses non-dimensional units.

I think that's a pretty petty request, no offense. Considering the wealth of other inaccuracies that actually matter, that's small fry.

Edited by aaron886
  • Like 1