Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

If you've got enough money to buy a computer that can run DCS: Black Shark, then you have enough money to pay a measly TWENTY DOLLARS to support the hobby of flight simming. It's not like these games grow on trees. It's not like the ED team are our personal slave laborers entitled to pour thousands of man hours into compatibility patches for FREE, especially when they were never promised for free. Personally, I'm getting tired of hearing the complaints...

• Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I'm not a fan of this price policy...

And I'm not a fan of this whole Master server crap...

And I'm not a fan of the Black Shark (why the hell do I crash every time in BS1?? :music_whistling:)

But I support ED and bought the Full version.

@ED: Please give us a clear statement how the price policy will go on with the next modules... thanks

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

The source file was corrupted:navgraph.dag. Great. Now i have to download the whole package again.

Use the torrent maybe?

I wish it was Friday I'm ready to check this out. Unpack that G940 and see whats what.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Use the torrent maybe?

I wish it was Friday I'm ready to check this out. Unpack that G940 and see whats what.

I did use the torrent :/

Maybe someone can email me the file if shit goes to hell and BS2 wont start? The corrupted file is navgraph.dag.

Any friendly soul could maby PM me if so? Would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by maxmax

If you've got enough money to buy a computer that can run DCS: Black Shark, then you have enough money to pay a measly TWENTY DOLLARS to support the hobby of flight simming. It's not like these games grow on trees. It's not like the ED team are our personal slave laborers entitled to pour thousands of man hours into compatibility patches for FREE, especially when they were never promised for free. Personally, I'm getting tired of hearing the complaints...

Agreed.

I never even knew about the whole compatibility thing until after I got A-10C. I certainly did not have that in mind when I spent about $3000 upgrading and adding to my hardware so that I could enjoy the A-10 more.

Besides, if I were going to start fussing about developer practices I would have to start with my favorite "Uncle Bill"!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Back!

What did I miss? Anybody figure out how to chuck 97's from the Whirly-Bird yet?

Ok ok last part was a joke........:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Back!

What did I miss?

Just for that bad joke, I am not telling!!:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is awesome. I don't fly the black shark anymore, since ED released my beloved A10C, but I am pretty stoked to be able to fly against human opponents again. Can't wait to see you guys on line.. Through my target pod at 15000 feet. You won't even know what hit you..:joystick::)

No offence to ED or anyone else, but even thought I don't think $20 is a lot for the upgrade you get (graphics mostly) I think I'll pass on this one for a few reasons:

The way DCS modules are released is way more then estimated 9 months... by the time one is released and next one things get boring pretty quick as to be honest, both Ka-50 and A-10C are not what most would like to fly... because both aircraft are more suitable for coop type missions and with AI thinghs get very repetative very quick... I know ME is very advanced but really as much as that's its streangth it's a weakness too because not many people have time or will or brains (all or together) to keep making new missions... anyway, that's how I see it.

I bought both Ka-50 and A-10C but I can't play them together and most people/friends I like to fly with don't like one or the other or both... it leaves me singled out and separates community slowly with each module... it separates the community also because between patches to make things compatible... well lets be honest... takes forever... it takes so long to make me forget how to fly one or the order aircraft (figuratively speaking)

To me if things continue like this I'll be an old man before I get to fly some fighter and that I can play in online enviroment with others where we don't "fight" each other flying same aircraft.

If Ed doesn't come up with new system/module for terrain only and others stuff that is now duplicated across all different releases this is very soon (something like by next DCS release) going to become impossible to update module by module.

The idea of aircraft modules are great but unless this happens like in FS where new aircraft can be added to same base module... I don't see it as being a win... sure there are people very happy to fly this or that aircraft in DCS but for most, just one module on its own and waiting for months/years to get other modules to become complatible... well it's short lived to me.

Anyway, ED will do what ED sees as best for them so really it doesn't matter what I think, but I just wanted to show my view on this as to be honest I am not thrilled by this unexpected news at all... over'n'out

Edited by Kuky
typos
  • Like 2

No longer active in DCS...

Question, are the training videos still broken in BS2 or will they work now?

IIRC Videos were never broke - might very well be mistaken though. You referring to the tracks per chance?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Althought I haven't flown FC2 in about a month and BS even longer then that. The new upgrades are nice, not sure when or if I'll get it, I still don't have DCS A-10C. To be honest Falcon BMS has taken most of my flight time, which hasn't been much over the past month. $20 dollars isn't a big deal, most of us spend that going to the movies....alone! I, along with a lot of other people thought each DCS model was going to be compatible without having to pay more money. I can if we were paying for the upgrades, but that's not the case. Also I can't get the BS2 patch and fly with FC2 anymore, I'd have to stay with BS1. So if someone wants the upgrades but still fly in FC2 it isn't going to happen.

Maybe someone should put up a poll about if they are happy with the way DCS models are being handled. I wonder what would that look like. I hope in the future different DCS models can be made faster. Like Kuky said, the process now is very long. I do understand the improvements that have been made and they look great, don't get me wrong. BS came out in 2008, A-10C came out 2011, that is a long time between the two.

Another question, how much is the Nevada map going to cost for those that didn't preorder A-10C? And when are we going to know what the next project is? Ok, I lied I had 2 questions :D I plan on getting this, just don't know when, I'll see how the compatiblity patch goes and see if people in my squad are flying. Cause I don't want to lose being able to fly the BS in FC2 yet.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Well, I think the whole pay-for-DCS-upgrade thing is wrong. Not because of pay by itself, but because of the vague advertising of module system. There were talks about whole module system in period of last 4 years (DCS was announced in 2007), and it hasn't been clearly stated that module upgrades won't be free (in fact, I hardly remember if someone even mentioned such possibility). Now we got a 20$ statement that upgrades won't be free. So be it, but it was nice, if that statement was made in 2007. ;)

P.S.: 20$ and still no INS drift. :(

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Must admit it caught me a little off guard as well, both the release and the fact it requires payment.

But then, software development isn't free. Far from it. Me and many others have stated in the past that we would gladly pay a little more for products of this caliber. Time to put those claims to the test. :D

Anyway, thanks to Viper for the help, you're a bloody life saver. :thumbup:

Also: woot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A-10C: putting the 'art' into 'warthog'.

(yes, corny. Sorry.)

IIRC Videos were never broke - might very well be mistaken though. You referring to the tracks per chance?

Yes. Tracks. You are correct, just had my coffee. :doh: i.e. Does the training work now/again, or is the same ole' "If you want to view this section uninstall our patches" message still present?

Edited by digitaljjd

i fly both dcs modules..but i cannot understand why i have to pay a second time to get both modules compatible to each other in multiplayer..it was promised that the modules should work together..i don t pay twice for the same product..even with small and in the past for free promised gfx-engine updates..

i agree with kuky..if ED could build a modulized simulator as promised years ago, it whould be nice..but it isn t so far..and from my point of view..it s not usefull to patch every product 2 or three times..to make them work together..

you should make a main package including:

AI Units

ME

landscape

gfx engine

that can be completed with aircraft modules..

i don t get why you go that slow and long way around the logic.

sorry

that s my point of view

• Like 1

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ kuky's post +1

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

No offence to Ed or anyone else, but even thought I don't think $20 is a lot for the upgrade you get (graphics mostly) I think I'll pass on this one for a few reasons:

The way DCS modules are releases is way more then estimated 9 months... by the time one is released and next one things get boring pretty quick as to be honest, both Ka-50 and A-10C are not what most would like to fly... becuase both are more suitable for coop type missions and with AI they get very repetative very quick... I know ME is very sdvanced but really as much as that's its streangth it's a weakness too because not many people have time or will or brains (all or together) to keep making new missions... anyway, that's how I see it.

I bought both Ka-50 and A-10C but I can't play them together and most people/friends I like to fly with don't like one or the other or both... it leaves me singled out and separates community slowly with each module... it separates the community also because between patches to make things compatible... well lets be honest... takes forever... it takes so long to make me forget how to fly one or the order aircraft (figuratively speaking)

To me if things continue like this I'll be an old man before I get to fly some fighter and that I can play in online enviroment with others where we don't "fight" each other flying same aircraft.

If Ed doesn't come up with new system/module for terrain only and others stuff that is now duplicated across all different releases this is very soon (something like by next DCS release) going to become impossible to update module by module.

The idea of aircraft modules are great but unless this happens like in FS where new aircraft can be added to same base module... I don't see it as being a win... sure there are people very happy to fly this or that aircraft in DCS but for most, just one module on its own and waiting for months/years to get other modules to become complatible... well it's short lived to me.

Anyway, ED will do what ED sees as best for them so really it doesn't matter what I think, but I just wanted to show my view on this as to be honest I am not thrilled by this unexpected news at all... over'n'out

Well said. My argument is mostly similar with one additional point.

Much of what is included in BS2 is already present in WH or is part of the 1.1.1.0 WH changelog. The models, the textures, the gameworld is all the same. In my eyes, BS2 includes new cockpit effects and multplayer compatibility. Thats it. Everything else is already available in WH.

I don't care about the 40$ for the standalone, considering thats what I bought it for initially. Its the 20$ for stuff I mostly already have (by owning WH) is what doesn't seem right.

• Like 2

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Well said. My argument is mostly similar with one additional point.

Much of what is included in BS2 is already present in WH or is part of the 1.1.1.0 WH changelog. The models, the textures, the gameworld is all the same. In my eyes, BS2 includes new cockpit effects and multplayer compatibility. Thats it. Everything else is already available in WH.

I don't care about the 40$ for the standalone, considering thats what I bought it for initially. Its the 20$ for stuff I mostly already have (by owning WH) is what doesn't seem right.

Couldn't give you rep so +1 :thumbup:

So if someone wants the upgrades but still fly in FC2 it isn't going to happen.

I presume that the FC3 release wouldn't be too far ahead now. I'm actually looking forward to that one (since I don't care about the Ka-50 and A-10 that much) as IMHO the current DCS improvements make a much bigger impact there rather than in BS, even though there probably won't be any specific changes to the FC platforms.

But this naming and installation procedure is getting out of hand.. I'd prefer if this was like a DCS: BS patch 2.0 and just applied over the original with an extra activation required (same for FC2 rather than having an FC3).

Plus the new SP campaign which seems to be missing from the list on the first page. Otherwise, my thoughts on it are the same.

Its the 20$ for stuff I mostly already have (by owning WH) is what doesn't seem right.

+1. Maybe they should charge more for the each "module" release then, but then release compatibility patches for other modules for free. If each of those updates are very time consuming, then the whole system is not really modular at all, but TBH this is really not our problem. I can see myself paying for extra campaigns or significant engine upgrades (e.g. EDGE terrain in BS vs what we have now), but besides the campaign, the list of BS2 features leaves a strong deja-vu feeling.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Back In Black(Shark 2)

Hi people. I have not been online playing due to a defective (read broke) graphics card. I have not been keeping tabs on DCS Blackshark so I was shocked, to say the least, to see Blackshark 2.

Let me start with this.

I am a bit dissapointed by the upgrade for 2 reasons.

1. I feel like I am being asked to to pay money for something that was advertised with the origional version. People say $20 dollars is cheap. Well that depends on how you look at it. $20 is not a lot of money but it is 50 percent of the purchase price of the origional product. From that perspective it is pretty expensive. I can see paying for the graphic upgrades but the online compatibility should be a free patch. I bought this product to play online and I feel like the feature (compatibility with future DCS titles) that I bought it for is being held hostage for $20. I feel for anyone in the future that has to pay $20 dollars PER airframe after ED gets a good sized stable.

2. People that play online now may not have computers capable of running the updated versions. I can hear people say "Well so what they can still play DCS BS1 and FC 2.0" and thats true they can. However lets look a bit deeper. A lot of people belong to squads (it divides them) and even if they don't they essentially get left behind and it shrinks the community.

I understand that it takes time and money to develop these sims and no, I do not believe people should work for free. But advertising future DCS online compatability with future modules then chargeing $20 dollars for it just feels off.

In the future if we have 8 aircraft are we going to have to pay 160 dollars just to stay compatable?????? I don't think we will. I am hoping after a while it will kind of level out and these monster "upgrades" will not be needed. In other words I am hopeful that these are just growing pains.

Still it would be nice for ED to let us know how they intend to handle these "future issues".

I am interested in your opinions about this subject.

I will remind you that if they have a Blackshark 3 this sim will cost 200 percent of the origional purchase price. Getting expensive yet?

If were going to do this I just as soon pay a monthly (You buy an airframe then pay a monthly ($5) payment for points. After you get so many points you use them to buy another permanent aircraft at a 10 percent discount from retail or rent one for 20 percent of purchase price for one month. Sound Fair? If you opt out you get a full refund in line with available points but at least they got to earn interest off your money to apply to development needs) and have access to all the airframes and give ED much needed development money.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Who has issues with BS2 patch distribution installation. BS1 has to be both installed and activated (it doesn't matter whether activation is valid at the moment, it's just BS1 serial number what should be in the registry).

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

People are complaining that ED can't release modules fast enough? Sheesh... talk about biting the hand that feeds them.

No wonder there are no development houses making sims anymore. I know I wouldn't start one up with the amount of bitching. I'd rather just cater to the masses and watch the money roll in.