Obutto shipping for europe

Impact

Nice pictures, how does the acrylic table top fix to the frame?

I didnt mount it, as I dont need it, I just bought it for the case that I need it. Maybe I will need it in the future. But you can mount it with bolts after you drilled some holes, or just fix it with special glue on the mount for steering wheels where my keyboard is sitting on at the moment.

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

It looks nice men! Are you looking to build an frame around it?

No, I think its good as it is right now. But I think i will have problems fitting the saitek rudder pedals under the tv mount.

I didnt mount it, as I dont need it, I just bought it for the case that I need it. Maybe I will need it in the future. But you can mount it with bolts after you drilled some holes, or just fix it with special glue on the mount for steering wheels where my keyboard is sitting on at the moment.

What no pre-drilled holes for mounting..strange..but sweet..I am seriously thinking of getting one myself...:thumbup:

Curious, how did you mount the Warthog throttle ?

How do you plan to mount the Warthog joystick ?

Thanks for posting :thumbup:

I only use a few cable fixers. But I will drill 4 holes in one of the mounts and fix the stick in the center between my legs.

How about using some heavy duty velcro? I once stuck a HOTAS Cougar to my desk using some I bought at a DIY store. According to the wording on the packet a 50x50mm piece of that stuff could hold 1kg of weight suspended from it.

How about using some heavy duty velcro? I once stuck a HOTAS Cougar to my desk using some I bought at a DIY store. According to the wording on the packet a 50x50mm piece of that stuff could hold 1kg of weight suspended from it.

didnt think about that...

I fastened the throttle with cable fixers because it fixes the thottle in the position. So when I move the 2 levers, it stays fixed in position.

With velcro I feel that it may not be possible to be as precise with the control then when i fix it with cable fixers or using bolts.

I planned on getting a steel plate as big as the size of the throttle, make 8 holes, 4 for the connection to the throttle on the edges of the plate, and 4 for the connection with the mount of the obutto. But this is a job for summertime when I have a little bit freetime.

I feel like the work on a cockpit is never finished.

Hey Impact,

I mounted my Warthog like this:

- Stick: unscrewed the stick from the baseplate, drilled the same holes into the center stick mount of the obutto (which is almost the perfect size and thickness for that purpose) and screwed it back on with the original screws. Results in nice sturdy center-mount.

- Throttle: mounted with velcro-straps - easy, dirty, cheap and works like a charm

See pics (without MFDs mounted - see Lowland Tigermeet 2011 Gallery for full pics http://www.lowlandtigermeet.com/gallery/2011/index.html)

obutto_side_x.jpg

obutto_oblique_x.jpg

obutto_top_x.jpg

• Like 1

didnt think about that...

I fastened the throttle with cable fixers because it fixes the thottle in the position. So when I move the 2 levers, it stays fixed in position.

With velcro I feel that it may not be possible to be as precise with the control then when i fix it with cable fixers or using bolts.

I planned on getting a steel plate as big as the size of the throttle, make 8 holes, 4 for the connection to the throttle on the edges of the plate, and 4 for the connection with the mount of the obutto. But this is a job for summertime when I have a little bit freetime.

I feel like the work on a cockpit is never finished.

The stuff I used stuck like s**t to an army blanket! I nearly broke devices trying to separate the velcro, it certainly held my old HOTAS Cougar in place and does a grand job holding my current CH Fighterstick to a speaker mount I use to centrally mount my stick in front of my office chair.

Hey Impact,

I mounted my Warthog like this:

- Stick: unscrewed the stick from the baseplate, drilled the same holes into the center stick mount of the obutto (which is almost the perfect size and thickness for that purpose) and screwed it back on with the original screws. Results in nice sturdy center-mount.

- Throttle: mounted with velcro-straps - easy, dirty, cheap and works like a charm

See pics (without MFDs mounted - see Lowland Tigermeet 2011 Gallery for full pics http://www.lowlandtigermeet.com/gallery/2011/index.html)

obutto_side_x.jpg

obutto_oblique_x.jpg

obutto_top_x.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures, as a prospective buyer it helped answer some questions on the flight stick centre mount. How are you finding getting in and out of the Obutto? The reason I ask is I'm looking to ditch my current computer desk and just use an Obutto for everything, flight sims, racing sims and FPS. I worry that maybe I'm asking too much from a solution but the Obutto looks like it might serve a purpose. For racing what I thought was buy an extra flight mount and fix it to the side so that when I am using my Fanatec wheel I can unscrew the centre stick mount and place it into the spare mount on the side and just pull the wheel into position.

My question now though is when I want to fly could I keep the wheel hooked up to the desk and still have enough clearance to yank and bank while flying without smashing my hands on the bottom of the steering wheel. The FPS side of my gaming I'm not so worried about as I know the keyboard/mouse tray is up to the job from talkign to other users of the Obutto but I do wonder if the wheel and central mounted stick will clash.

Nice set up Kirin :thumbup:

Do you have any close up pics of the bottom side of the stick plate and throttle plates? Interested in seeing how they mount?

Are those Simped Pedals? How do they fit?

Edited by 1stVFW Data

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ Revvin: I actually have no need to fix the table top since with all the stuff I usually put on it it holds in place nicely. Plus I can push and pull it if needed.

@ Revvin2: To get in and out of the cockpit I loosen the throttle mount and swing it open like a car door. The biggest problem is not to get stuck with the foot inside headphone/trackir cable. But with a little practice it's no problem at all. And mind that I am a quite big and chubby guy (110kg @ 187cm).

@ Data: Will take some pics on the weekend. Yup those are Simped Pedals - an they just fit in but no chance to put in the "pedal holder plate". Actually the oblique struts cover about an inch of the foot pedal so I cannot put my foot on it completey. It's workable but I would buy smaller pedals for my next set.

Edited by Kirin

Did anybody ever put the saitek rudder pedals together with the obutto? I have those at home and will get them after the exams, and I want to be prepared if I have to build something additional

• 1 month later...
Will take some pics on the weekend. Yup those are Simped Pedals - an they just fit in but no chance to put in the "pedal holder plate". Actually the oblique struts cover about an inch of the foot pedal so I cannot put my foot on it completey. It's workable but I would buy smaller pedals for my next set.

Any updates on this? I would like to see pictures of the pedals in full deflection (if space is available for full deflection).

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 1 month later...
It has finally arrived, but I didn't build it up completely yet, as the HDMI cables didnt arrive yet. The only thing missing right now. Should have bought locally.

If you buy the 32 inch LCD HDTV, you dont even need a wall bracket! The four holes fit into the obutto mount. 32 inch seems to be just the right size.

Unpackaging took very long, everything is put in bubblewrap tightly. Building the cockpit itself was a matter of arranging and tightening 20 screws.

On the weekend I will post some pictures.

I just got my Obutto on Friday...and put it together the one problem is the Saitek Rudder Pedals..bit to big for the Pedal mount.and bit to wide..are the Cougar Rudder Pedals bit smaller to fit more easily????

But all in all .. great setup...:thumbup:

• 1 month later...
I just got my Obutto on Friday...and put it together the one problem is the Saitek Rudder Pedals..bit to big for the Pedal mount.and bit to wide..are the Cougar Rudder Pedals bit smaller to fit more easily????

But all in all .. great setup...:thumbup:

I am on the verge of purchasing an Obutto. I have the Saitek Combat Pedals but I really want the Obutto. I know I won't be able to use the pedal plate or whatever it is it comes with.

Did you ever find a solution so you could use the Saitek pedals with the Obutto. This is the only thing preventing me from buying it. I really want to get this thing. Just have to find a solution to the pedals issue first. Any tips would be great.

Thanks.

I am on the verge of purchasing an Obutto. I have the Saitek Combat Pedals but I really want the Obutto. I know I won't be able to use the pedal plate or whatever it is it comes with.

Did you ever find a solution so you could use the Saitek pedals with the Obutto. This is the only thing preventing me from buying it. I really want to get this thing. Just have to find a solution to the pedals issue first. Any tips would be great.

Thanks.

Yea,I did finally solve the pedals problem..its a tight fit..with the obutto plate for the pedals..it takes a bit of fitting the pedals in ..

Now I don't know how I survived without the " Obutto "..you can build around this..if you feel the need for it...

Four thumbs up...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

obutto3.jpg

You slide the pedals to the smallest foot size...

Edited by Bearitall