Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Drakeen

Reputation power: 0
Drakeen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Runtime Error! Crashes DCS A10

Dear Devs,
after reading the crash logs, i figured out it could have something to do with windows memory management.
DCS does a lot of memory operations during startup, after a while no physical memory is left and it crashes into a runtime exception.

Setting my virtual memory to a fixed size (physical 4GB / virtual 6GB) didnt fix the problem.

i attached dxdiag screenshot, dcs.log and the process explorer screen while startup until the crash.

I hope you will find a fix soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dxdiag.png
Views:	1035
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	50590   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcs10.png
Views:	949
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	50588  
Attached Files
File Type: txt dcs.txt (18.8 KB, 371 views)
Drakeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
Nate--IRL--
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 177
Nate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud of

Please see my sig for your solution to 32bit crashes.

Nate
Old 04-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
Drakeen

Drakeen is on a distinguished road

Hello,

i did as you said in your signiture and it solved my problem.

thank you very much for the fast response.
Drakeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
Mulator82

Mulator82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate--IRL-- View Post
Please see my sig for your solution to 32bit crashes.

Nate
I just found this discussion and tried the Vista solution proposed above for A10. I received the following message.

"The Boot Configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied."

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Mulator82
Mulator82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Nate--IRL--
ED Testers Team

Nate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud of

Glad it is working for you.

Nate
Old 05-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
Lifer

Lifer is on a distinguished road

I have a big problem with this game.

I installed for a 2different partition, in to the "Program Files" and out of this folder. I installed the latest Visual C++, and the latest DirectX, every driver is up to date. I tried the "3GB Hack", but, when i starting the game, and select any option, like: Mission, or Training and select it, the game is started to loading it, but the progressbar is freeze at 90% (approximately), and nothing happens.

Finally, i tried to change the graphics settings from high to medium or low (HDR,V-Sync,TSSAA and disabled every setting set to low.). But the game is don't work. Tried it in fullscreen, and windowed mode. (I have a wide 16:9 monitor 1440x900 (<--full screen))

I have 2gb memory, with Win7 32BIT. With HD3650 512gddr3 vga card, and a 3.6GHZ single - core cpu.

(The DCS - Black Shark, and the Flaming Cliffs 2.0 are working perfectly, no lagging, crashing etc..)

"These problems are appear with or without (1.1.0.6 and 1.1.0.7) patches.. and re-downloaded the game 2 times..."

Last edited by Lifer; 05-20-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Nate--IRL--
ED Testers Team

OK try again with all options on low, verify you have the /3gb switch correctly applied for XP, and then please post your log files from the C:\Users\<User Name>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Logs folder (Clear the folder first before running DCS)

Nate
Old 05-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #8
Lifer

Default Logs

I tried this options but nothing happens...

Logs: https://rapidshare.com/files/1257130709/Logs.rar
Old 05-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
Nate--IRL--
ED Testers Team

OK your logs don't point to anything at all. This may sound silly but try unplugging all your USB devices (except mouse) and try again, this has worked for others in trying to pin down possible problematic USB devices.

Could you also post you DXdiag report (see sig) And could you verify you used the specific DirectX version in my sig?

Note in general that DCS warthog (And the upcoming Black shark upgrade) will stress your system a lot more than Black Shark of FC2 did. I really do recommend a 64bit OS with at least 4gb of ram.

Nate
Old 05-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
Lifer

Default DXDIAG

DxDiag Report.

Ok. I decided to uninstall it. I tried EVERY SINGLE things what is possible , but the game don't work at all. I don't know what's the problem with it. But i spent 59$ for nothing.. Hmm. Nice.

=(((
Don't worry! I play with Black Shark, and FC 2.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (37.8 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by Lifer; 05-21-2011 at 01:55 PM.