VEAO Typhoon mod for FC2 Released!!!

The VEAO Team are very pleased to announce the release of our Eurofighter Typhoon mod for Flaming Cliffs 2.0

After extensive testing of the beta mod and some tweaks to the 3d model, graphics and most importantly the flight model, the mod is ready for release to the public.

You can get the mod here:

http://www.veao.eu/mods/fc2/VEAO_Typhoon_FC2_v2.0.zip

Or alternatively on Lockonfiles and ED File Exchange.

If you have any issues or problems with the mod, please post them in our forums at www.veao.eu

Our special thanks go to Crow and Rattler for the hard work, dedication and working late most nights to bring you this mod.

New Features are:

Eurofighter Typhoon flight model

Eurofighter Typhoon canon

Eurofighter Typhoon fuel tanks

Detailed cockpit

Detailed damage model

Detailed animations for canards, slats and usual flight controls

Refuel boom animation, however due to restrictions we cannot refuel mid air at the moment.

New pilot texture

Enhanced animations for the front air intakes

Enhanced skins for 4 RAF squadrons

Enhanced F2 view cockpit

Enhanced FLIR external model

Plus some extras

For canard animation when landing, press wheel brake and push forward on the stick.

The Flap key will control the front and rear slats. The rear slats move upwards and this is a standard feature of the Typhoon.

Future features to come:

Enhanced Air-to-air weapons

Air-to-ground weapons

Other Typhoon user countries skins pack

Again if you have any issues with the mod, please post them in our forums at www.veao.eu and enjoy our mod.

Best regards,

Chris [Ells] Ellis

VEAO Founder

Edit> Link fixed, apologies

Edited by Ells228
  • Like 1

Hey Panzertard,

I Am putting a video together and some screenies later today (3am here now), but we have been up nearly 24 hours getting the mod ready for release so you can all fly it on Sunday ;-)

If anyone fly's before I do, please post screenies, I'm off to the land of nod lol

• Like 1

Just had a quick look before I go to bed..

simulator2010-08-2203-27-00-35.jpg

simulator2010-08-2203-29-39-33.jpg

simulator2010-08-2203-29-29-46.jpg

simulator2010-08-2203-29-26-87.jpg

simulator2010-08-2203-29-24-49.jpg

simulator2010-08-2203-29-21-76.jpg

simulator2010-08-2203-28-40-08.jpg

simulator2010-08-2203-28-38-52.jpg

A.I. only.... little vids to follow>>>>>>

I know the vids don't do it justice but I'm off the bed........

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Many thanks Joey.

It was getting to the point I was passing at my desk last night lol

I'll put a quick video together of the animations.

NP. Twas getting quite late....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

A few points,

1. Typhoon's foreplane controls only pitch, roll is handled by the flaperons.

2. For some reason the foreplanes angle downwards when applying wheel brakes

3. Stations 1 & 2 can only carry ASRAAM, not AMRAAM

4. Slat operation is automated at high AoA, as are the engine intakes.

5. You say in the description it features a "detailed cockpit", might want to revise that as it doesn't look like the cockpit of any Typhoon I've seen.

I assume many of the errors in the flight model, 3d model as well as those above are down to limitations of FC2, so not a bad effort at all, keep it up. Although it's basically an F-15 with a Typhoon skin, maybe one day we'll see a Typhoon sim.

:thumbup:

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Most of what you said is limited to what the addon maker can do to the sim.

Like you said "Although it's basically an F-15 with a Typhoon skin"

Unfortantly ED can't add anything major to FC like new planes flyable or not...... if they can add some AI planes then a lowpoly -

Tiffy, Viggen, Gripen a couple of Dasults so we can put the comunitity mods over them, So we don't have to override ED's models.

Edited by joey45

A few points,

1. Typhoon's foreplane controls only pitch, roll is handled by the flaperons.

2. For some reason the foreplanes angle downwards when applying wheel brakes

3. Stations 1 & 2 can only carry ASRAAM, not AMRAAM

4. Slat operation is automated at high AoA, as are the engine intakes.

5. You say in the description it features a "detailed cockpit", might want to revise that as it doesn't look like the cockpit of any Typhoon I've seen.

I assume many of the errors in the flight model, 3d model as well as those above are down to limitations of FC2, so not a bad effort at all, keep it up. Although it's basically an F-15 with a Typhoon skin, maybe one day we'll see a Typhoon sim.

:thumbup:

Its not just an F-15 re skinned. There are differences in the FM. The animation of the control surfaces was an exhausting effort of looking at 1000's of photos and as many video's as possible plus discussions with Eurofighter pilots. This is as close as anyone can get to replicate certain features of the Eurofighter. The cockpit at present has limits as all modders know. This has significant representation of the Eurofighter. We are continuing to improve this model and as ED permits we will introduce more detail to this Project. We hope in the mean time that you and everyone enjoy flying the Eurofighter and we appreciate all feedback from the sim. community. Happy flying.:thumbup:

Hey guys,

One of the members on LockOnFiles posted a comment and I thought I'd post it in here with my reply.

Quote from the person:

This aircraft model is not very detailed and completely below of the level of 3GO and F-15 by Gys. I think FC 2.0 needs the quality of Gripen and Viggen(by Daniel Papp aka Pink_Tigger) models. Although, do not look a gift horse in the mouth.

And my reply:

Hi <name>, and many thanks for your comments.

We are always open to criticism and honest feedback and welcome it in our team (hence why it's taken so long from the 1.12 conversion).

We looked at a priority list for FC2 and one of them was to completely remodel the bird, but that would put us into next year so we decided to 'spruce up' the model form the 1.12 version and focus on some of the new features of FC2 as the mod release was programmed for this year.

There are other projects our company is working on, like the Royal Air Force Typhoon Challenge in association with the RAF and BAE Systems and a 3d cockpit for the Typhoon. These run parallel to our 'free' versions of our products and of course resource and time is limited.

Within this mod is a completely new damage model, which in our opinion is very detailed. Please take a look and I'd like to hear what you think.

There are of course many more features we would like to add into the mod and the VEAO world including ground attack with new buildings, new vehicles, etc and each has it's priority.

Once again I do appreciate your comments and hope we haven't dissapointed you in any way by saying highly detailed.

I am more than happy to discuss with you where you think we can improve, please just PM me or email me on ells@veao.eu

Warm regards,

Chris.

Founder VEAO Ltd

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from the person:

This aircraft model is not very detailed and completely below of the level of 3GO and F-15 by Gys. I think FC 2.0 needs the quality of Gripen and Viggen(by Daniel Papp aka Pink_Tigger) models. Although, do not look a gift horse in the mouth.

one should always remember, the "new" Su27 or F15 models are refinements of the existing models which were made by ED, countless hours or work had been done by ED before these "new" model could be released. while the Typhoon model is a built-from-scratch.

what's more, the Typhoon has different wing arrangements than most other fighters(su27 or F15). in the game Lockon, this type of fighter is not specificly modeled. hence the 3D animation is more difficult.

flydragon126

Hi:

Glad you brought this up. Yes most other aircraft mods are refinements to original ED modeled aircraft, including analog cockpits. Many mods have been done over the years on all aspects of the original ED models with many enhanced features. VEAO took on the task to bring a highly sophisticated aircraft to Lockon. We thought there was enough information to make this a viable project not only in the information on the aircraft but also what could be done with the ED software so as to represent as close to realistic a model as Lockon software allows. We agreed there was sufficient information and ability to do just this. We also looked at the possibilities of ED, sometime in the future, giving the community more tools to work with, so we started the Eurofighter back in FC1.12 and refined it more for FC2. We are not finished, because of the feedback from the community etc. issues that are fixable have come to our attention and we thank everyone for their input. Now because of the community we will continue to improve on the Eurofighter and hopefully bring a state of the art aircraft to LockOn. Thanks for all your input and comments, rest assured the Eurofighter model is really just starting not ending.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Following on from this we have been asked a lot of questions about the flight model.

We have modified the flight model and in our opinion it is higher performance than the F-15 - higher rate of climb, G max and altitude. Our team is currently working to improve the flight model as much as possible within the current ED parameters.

And as Pete has said there are some very exciting things coming up for our future FC2 mod which we cannot release at the moment but you will not be dissapointed.

We will also be launching a new website which will have some hidden content that will please you so I'll announce that when it's ready.

Again we would like to thank ED and TFC for their continued support with our project, and to you, the community for supporting us and giving us the feedback that we need.

Best regards,

Chris.

VEAO Founder

• 2 months later...

Stupid question but since i am still getting to know FC2, is this an added flyable or replaces a stock flyable ?

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

Stupid question but since i am still getting to know FC2, is this an added flyable or replaces a stock flyable ?

Read the post above yours. We have managed to make some adjustments to the F-15 FM that better reflects the Euro Typhoon. In short it replaces the F-15 but does contain an improved FM. Hope this answers your question.:)

Pete

Thank you Pete :) pitty i hoped they made FC2 able to accept more plane with no need to replace :( ....

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

Thank you Pete :) pitty i hoped they made FC2 able to accept more plane with no need to replace :( ....

chin up, there may be something coming down the road. We are hopeful that some added a/c will be possible but can't give date as this is upto ED. Keep fingers crossed.:)

Pete

Hey guys, a little update for you.

I've been off work ill for the past 2 weeks so have got quite a lot of work done on a mod update, but have also been busy preparing for our VFAT show, more details to come soon.

With regards to a mod update, this is what you can expect soon:

Upgraded jet sounds

More weapon options (Air-to-Air)

A few tweaks on the skin - I wasn't happy with some details so have updated them.

European skin pack - some of our friends have created excellent skins, so we will incorporate those as well as our own.

VFAT 2010 - 3rd/4th/5th December

We are still waiting for our confirmed display slot and are in discussion with the VFAT staff about a live arrival flight you will want to see (Typhoon plus guests).

3d Cockpit

Work is still ongoing with this, creating panels, skiining them and we have made a very small breakthrough with some HUD work.

We will be calling for some Alpha testers in the New Year, so keep an eye out for that post.

I'll keep you posted about the mod update and VFAT soon.

Thanks,

Ells.

Edited by Ells228

Thats a good habit of yours :)

• 1 month later...