EF2000

pcalvert

I couldn't believe it! Went to my local dump this weekend to get rid of some garden rubbish and had a look around (as usual). What did I find? The original DOS version of EF2000, still boxed in excellent condition with all the disks and manual's also in excellent condition. It was the first (what I thought) decent flight sim I ever played on my first PC. I even bought the Thrustmaster F16 flight control stick to go with it (now long dead). Does anyone know if I could get this sim to run on win 7? :)

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

I have read about some project that kept EF2000 running. I can't seem to find it now, though.

Perhaps Google for a bit. I have seen posts in the past about flying EF2000 on a modern pc.

(Or any DiD title that is)

Great stuff. It was my first sim that I actually flew online with for quite some time with a friend.

DiD rocked! Until they came with 'Wargasm'.

I still have my EF2000 and F-22 and Total Air War Boxes, Manuals (Allies & Adversaries supplement from F22 is cool even today) and disks in pristine condition too. :D

Edited by Yskonyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

To run it, you can try DosBox. Not sure how good peripheral support you can bolt in there though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Flying over the Fjords was always fun. The first sim to support accelerated graphics via Voodoo 3Dfx. I still have my box and manuals. Also, had a Strategy guide for it. I just finished moving and also found my boxed copy of DiD's TFX. I bought it with the first PC I ever bought, a 486 :)

TFX, EF2000, TOTAL WAR..... I got them all!!!!

Not all the boxes, but manual and disks...

Ef2000 my second sim true love, my first was Fleet Defender.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

That looked really good once. :D Remember Voodoo 3dfx?

You don't need any. It's a modified version of DOSBOX, with experimental Voodoo emulation, which allow to increment image resolution and other improvements, like perspective-corrected textures. It looks very promising. It's worth to keep an eye on it.

Regards!

I couldn't believe it! Went to my local dump this weekend to get rid of some garden rubbish and had a look around (as usual). What did I find? The original DOS version of EF2000, still boxed in excellent condition with all the disks and manual's also in excellent condition. It was the first (what I thought) decent flight sim I ever played on my first PC. I even bought the Thrustmaster F16 flight control stick to go with it (now long dead). Does anyone know if I could get this sim to run on win 7? :)

Damn, back then I got EF2000 at christmas but my rig was too slow, so I eventually forgot about this one :( I must have the CD version still lying around here somewhere, so I should give it second chance in the DosBox :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"It's a good landing, if you can still get the doors open"

Damn, back then I got EF2000 at christmas but my rig was too slow, so I eventually forgot about this one :( I must have the CD version still lying around here somewhere, so I should give it second chance in the DosBox :)

If you can hook the controlers to work with it sure.

But remember its old by today standart, but in the 90' it was THE MUST until F4 appeared.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• 1 year later...

What EF2000 lastest ?

EF2000 1995

Ef2000 2.0 1996

Super EF2000 1997 -> Its correct ? What version was earlier - EF2000 v2.0 or Super EF2000 ?

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

It was. But i associate this one, more. Old days.

The cinematic camera of ADF and TAW was a must.

It was indeed entertaining.

There were some gaming sessions where I didn't fly at all, and just watched some action via cinematic camera :thumbup:

What EF2000 lastest ?

EF2000 1995

Ef2000 2.0 1996

Super EF2000 1997 -> Its correct ? What version was earlier - EF2000 v2.0 or Super EF2000 ?

Super EF2000 was the European release of EF2000 for Windows95

EF2000 2.0 was the US release of EF2000 with the Tactical Pack and Graphics+ expansions (accelerated for 3DFX and Rendition), along with the Windows 95 version.

If you have EF2000 2.0, you have the latest for whichever version you choose.

BTW, People have gotten EF2000 3DFX to work on DosBOX, though you need a special SVN version for it to work. EF2000 doesn't work with a Glide wrapper because the code makes direct calls to the card, as opposed to using the Glide API.

Here are some details that might help.