EF2000

pcalvert

EF2000 Reloaded

Fellas,

I know this thread is old, but this information is brand new:

The Air Dominance Project is proud to announce its upcoming release

EF2000 Reloaded

note: this video is best viewed in 1080p

The heart of EF2000 Reloaded is a special version of DOSBox written mikew*, with 3DFX code optimized for EF2000 and a VFX1 emulation routine that allows the use of TrackIR in Enhanced Mode.

For the first time, you can run EF2000 V2.0 for 3DFX/GFX+ in Windows XP or later, with no graphical artifacts or appreciable slowdown. Additionally, the resolution upscaling addresses the image at the 3DFX polygon level, and not at the output level, making for a much better upscaling experience. Mikew's DOSBox for EF2000 is truly the Holy Grail EF2000 fans have been waiting for!

No Air Dominance Project release is complete without a front end, and EF2000 Reloaded is no exception. EF2000 Reloaded includes a front end/launcher to accompany mikew's DOSBox for EF2000. In addition to taking care of the required DOSBox parameters and providing a GUI to customize your DOSBox Conf file, the EF2000 Launcher adds the following features:

• Supports three separate installs of EF2000 (original DOS, TACTCOM, and GFX+).
  • Integrated multiplayer front end allows hassle free IPX emulation over TCP/IP, with a "phone book" for your friends' IPXNet servers.
  • Option to manage separate single player and multiplayer campaigns for each EF2000 install.
  • Custom Campaign Creator allows custom scenarios based on the scenarios from Strategic Command for EF2000.
  • Basic Campaign Editor allows you to adjust difficulty level, player influence, and player score.
  • Includes Super Revive by Brett Luck for in-depth campaign edits.

Note: EF2000 Reloaded neither includes nor installs EF2000. You are responsible for your own EF2000 procurement and installation. Instructions on installing EF2000 V2 on 64 bit Windows are available.

Check out Combatsim.com for updates.

* DOSBox 0.74 is an open source program written by Peter "Qbix" Veenstra, Harekiet Sjoerd, Tommy "Franskapet" Frossman, and Ulf "Finster" Wohlers. Mikew's 3DFX code was based on kekko's 3dfx Voodoo patch for DOSBox

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 1

Ah, the nostalgia... Loved flying low over those fjords... I had a pretty nifty setup back then, Thrustmaster F16 FLCS, F16 TQS and CH pedals...

EF2000 and the first Flight Unlimited were my drug back then.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

I loved this game. The terrain engine was soooooooo smooth, it was amazing.

I've still got EF2000 somewhere and also Total Air War. Fantastic stuff.

I will take a look at the Air Dominance project. Thanks for sharing this info.

Regards,

Milli

How do you get your joystick connected without the controls spazzing out? (dosbox version)

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...