DCS WW2 - Multiplayer Concept Map - Operation Overlord

I'm currently testing a MP map I did. The concept is a bit like an air domination map, but with a twist.

Players have to control an area called "Objective Able", which is an air zone that will trigger a timer once a coalition has complete control of the air space. Think of it like a "Conquest" match in Battlefield or a "domination" match in first person shooters. If there are players from both sides, the area is "contested" and neither side has control.

I thought than rather than have a "kill" point system that rewards individual pilots, I would create an alternate point system that requires the team to work together rather than do their own thing. The mission is set in 2 phases: Phase One is the part where pilots will be fighting for control of the objective. Although, if a team gets complete control of the zone, it doesn't necessarily mean that the other team has lost. Phase Two spawns 2 tank divisions near Objective Able that will attack each other. The side that has won the "Air Superiority" phase will have some bonus tanks, but nothing a couple of well-placed bombs or rockets cannot take care of. At this point, pilots will have to RTB and rearm with bombs and rockets in order to help their tank army kill the other side's. The first side to lose all their tanks loses the match.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20586543/DCS%20WW2%20OPERATION%20OVERLORD%20V1.0.miz

Here's the briefing:

OPERATION OVERLORD

NOTE: READ THE BRIEFING TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHERE TO GO.

Allied forces have established a beachhead and the Axis are preparing for a counterattack to throw them back into the sea. US tanks and German panzers are preparing for an ambitious offensive, but the fate of the whole operation lies with the control of the skies.

Thanks for SithSpawn's and Stonehouse's flak script.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11061&d=1408045077.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=11062&d=1408045109.jpg

THE MISSION (RED SIDE)

Allied armored divisions are camped south of the lake, codenamed Objective Able. Your task is to achieve air superiority in the main Area of Operations (AO) by destroying any Axis fighters penetrating the objective's air corridor.

Once the airspace is clear, US forces will begin an assault on the german defensive line. Achieving air superiority will allow reinforcements to help out your forces and win the day. Your task will be to support them by destroying German panzers.

Control the airspace, support the armored assault, and the battle will be won.

FORCES

ALLIED

1st US armored division - South-West of Objective Able (Lake)

485 FS - A /B-Flight - Red Air Base 1

485 FS - C/D Flight - Red Air Base 2

AAA Batteries near Objective Able

AXIS

1st Panzer division - South-East of Objective Able (Lake)

5./jg 301 Red/Blue/Yellow/Green Flight - Blue Air Base

Flak Batteries near Objective Able

NAVIGATION (RED SIDE)

Pathfinders set up red smoke signals to guide your way to Objective Able.

RADIO (RED SIDE)

Channel A.: Red Air Base 1

Channel B: Red Air Base 2

Featuring:

Expanded Airbases to give a more immersive feel

B0ffTji.jpg

48SqTsw.jpg

8rWnlLw.jpg

Historical tail number and markings for EACH aircraft.

61F6Onq.jpg

Simplified briefing with bearings to objective

VvdVEF2.jpg

People will converge in the same area, creating a more target-rich environment.

OBLxbwJ.jpg

Army camps and smoke signals created to add immersion and to create landmark cues to help with navigation.

mz9WqJl.jpg

In objective area, flak will help you have a general idea of where your enemies are. However, flak can also target your teammates... so ID your targets properly first!

THAqQaX.jpg

More realistic squadron structure to help people identify their squadmates.

IlDoxwF.jpg

Triggers created for flak zones, navigation beacons, and in-game messages for players to know what is going on.

FlbFhDs.jpg

Edited by Charly_Owl

Nice! Will you try to get this in the DoW server soon?

PS - Guess you liked the idea of the D-Day scenario from here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128531. :thumbup:

Edited by flare2000x

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Succesfully implemented the radio!!!

Had to jump 5 minutes ahead to cut to the chase, but that is cool.:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Was this the three lakes mission you guys had on last night because ground forces look like they were in different location? I had a great time on this/that map and it was easy to find a dogfight. Unfortunately my DCS crashed as I was fixing to punch holes in a P51 and the server had changed missions when I tried to get back on. It did currently favor the team with the best ground attack (P51s) but I didn't even care about that to be honest.

Was this the three lakes mission you guys had on last night because ground forces look like they were in different location? I had a great time on this/that map and it was easy to find a dogfight. Unfortunately my DCS crashed as I was fixing to punch holes in a P51 and the server had changed missions when I tried to get back on. It did currently favor the team with the best ground attack (P51s) but I didn't even care about that to be honest.

It's in the same area, but no... Map has not gone live yet.

yeah - lets test this thing on DoW Chuck! Sorry a few of us have been AFK the last while. Lets get something coordinated.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

yeah - lets test this thing on DoW Chuck! Sorry a few of us have been AFK the last while. Lets get something coordinated.

How about the 26th's or the 28th's night? I should be on during the evening.

Honestly, I think you guys could test it whenever you feel like it. I don't really "need" to be here. Most of DoW were there during the first test and know what the mission is about. The mission is available at the same place as last time (dropbox link).

Unless something goes terribly wrong (mission time should not exceed 1.5 or 2 hours if I remember correctly), you guys should be able to just tell me if something fishy happened.