Need some help building a training mission

Humbug

The shooting gallery mission is severely lacking, mostly due to the fact that the targets are static objects and for that reason become transparent and almost impossible to see. For that reason I decided to create a weapons training mission for myself and my virtual squadron mates. Most things were somewhat straightforward and easy to understand but there's one thing that eludes me. Namely how do I prevent enemy forces from shooting back?

Making them static objects is out of the question due to the previously mentioned transparency issue, and I know that it can be done since I looked at Dragon's standard weapons training mission and the T-55's there do not shoot back. I can't for the life of me figure out how he did it however. I've checked for triggers but found none that applies to the T55's and there is nothing in the unit descriptions either. Oh and while I'm here I'd like to know if it's possible to connect a waypoint to another in order to make a never ending waypoint loop.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Humbug

Yes I thought of that too but that would mean that I have to do everything over again since you can't add or change countries in an already created mission. The T-55's in Dragons mission are clearly on the enemy side and not static objects but they still won't fire.

Hi Humbug,

You can assigne a holding time of 23h to the units to disable them and set the hook for "Visible before missionstart".

... but why you and your squadron mates don't use my trainingpack?

That's exactly what I made it for.

In MP you are able to choose your difficulty.

There are not only the T-55s in the Standard-Weapons-Training.

That's only the EASY part.

In MP you can choose MEDIUM and HARD also.

Please try it again.

Oh and while I'm here I'd like to know if it's possible to connect a waypoint to another in order to make a never ending waypoint loop.

Yes, but only for aircrafts. Use the waypoint "Begin Loop" and "End Loop".

since you can't add or change countries in an already created mission.

Check out =STP= Blindspots Editor-Mod:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=55463

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Thanks for the help Dragon, much appreciated. Don't get me wrong, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your training pack, on the contrary! It is excellent and that's why I'm looking at it when making my own.

I just want to learn how to do mission building and making a training mission for me and my mates seemed like a good start, that's all. I've been flying your training missions quite alot, trust me. :)

Quite annoying that you can't give ground units patrol patterns without making a gazillion waypoints to prevent them from running out during the mission. The mission editor is quite good but I find that it's missing a few important and basic features.

Thanks again for your help, cheers!

You'r welcome :)

The mission editor is quite good but I find that it's missing a few important and basic features.

Try out Blindspot's Editor Mod ;)