• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't know that yet, I know the MiG21 will be DCS level

But we don't know enough about the rest to make an assumption

I believe most if not all of IRIS and RAZBAM aircraft are 100% modeled

Concerning the plans of IRIS:

Copy/paste from Spanky:

"I will say that the F-15E is being developed with the intention of being submitted to ED as a DCS branded product (ie. DCS: F-15E Strike Eagle) and of course will be one of the longest to develop.

The F-22 will be looking at making use of the AFM for thrust vectoring and we'll be discussing this further with ED.

The F-14D is likely to be the first completed aircraft from the stable if all goes well."

Concerning RAZBAM, this is what Prowler111 declared:

"In fact, after consulting with Eagle Dynamics, I decided that it´s ED who do the ultimate testing and approval of anything that comes under RAZBAM. Having said that, it´s obvious we are not going after FC3 quality, mid quality, or low quality add ons. We are going to release A-10 DCS level of complexity products, from day 1.Not half made, half baked, nothing like that, but straight A-10 DCS level. That´s what we were contracted for, that ´s what Eagle Dynamics expects from us, and that´s what I am pretty sure, you, the potential customer, is expecting from us."

But as read before (Thanks for inspiration, Wags ;) ) 'Everything is subject change'

@ BlueDrake42: I find your idea to centralize all the titles in a post very comfortable. At least, we can have a look over what's being created and with the relevant links to the concerned project.

I'm thinking too this thread should go sticky. But it needs to be constantly updated...

Good luck:thumbup:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Concerning the plans of IRIS:

Copy/paste from Spanky:

"I will say that the F-15E is being developed with the intention of being submitted to ED as a DCS branded product (ie. DCS: F-15E Strike Eagle) and of course will be one of the longest to develop.

The F-22 will be looking at making use of the AFM for thrust vectoring and we'll be discussing this further with ED.

The F-14D is likely to be the first completed aircraft from the stable if all goes well."

Concerning RAZBAM, this is what Prowler111 declared:

"In fact, after consulting with Eagle Dynamics, I decided that it´s ED who do the ultimate testing and approval of anything that comes under RAZBAM. Having said that, it´s obvious we are not going after FC3 quality, mid quality, or low quality add ons. We are going to release A-10 DCS level of complexity products, from day 1.Not half made, half baked, nothing like that, but straight A-10 DCS level. That´s what we were contracted for, that ´s what Eagle Dynamics expects from us, and that´s what I am pretty sure, you, the potential customer, is expecting from us."

But as read before (Thanks for inspiration, Wags ;) ) 'Everything is subject change'

@ BlueDrake42: I find your idea to centralize all the titles in a post very comfortable. At least, we can have a look over what's being created and with the relevant links to the concerned project.

I'm thinking too this thread should go sticky. But it needs to be constantly updated...

Good luck:thumbup:

yeah I literally just browse the forums for hours at a time during work (I'm a network maintenance tech so I literally just babysit computers that I reformat) so I have enough time on my hands to update this haha

Hey Silver_Dragon I found this on Youtube.

I guess we know what Team VRC are doing for a fast jet. :)

First off I have to say that we dropped the ball on this one.

TEAM VRC was not ready to divulge our project aircraft until we had a cockpit ready for video. The justification for doing so was for the sole purpose to secure our Dev status with ED.

Since you have video proof of our efforts, be it not very flattering, I am confirming that we are working on the F-100D Super Sabre.

We will release 3 mods based on this airframe:

1. QF-100D which is depicted in the above video.
  2. F-100D Thunderbird variant - later releases will include AFM.
  3. F-100D Full combat ready with all systems, 6 DOF, and clickable cockpit.

Our team is working diligently to get up to speed and heavily into reverse engineering code so we can bring our Cockpit to life. We are busting through every barrier that we hit and the team is producing some of the best work I have seen in a freeware effort.

We have to discuss as a team what our next steps are to be, however I am sure that we will be forthcoming with screenshots and videos.

Our goal is to provide the Community with the HUN so you can enjoy DCSW even more until your favorite mods are available.

Stay tuned.

788077315_Launcher2012-11-1217-57-04-95.thumb.jpg.ac0b57ab8fbd03469d0e62e5bc7a5349.jpg

This list all together just makes me face palm.

And anybody who thinks that all of these planes are going to get released must be on some derivative of crack cocaine, because anybody who's ever paid any attention to economics and the broader marketplace knows that anytime you get this many projects going, they never all go through.

Its just about impossible to imagine this many planes getting finished. I wouldn't be surprised if half the 3rd party devs release their first plane, realize they're making no money cause the market is flooded, cancel the rest of them, then even more devs get worried they won't make any money.

There is such a thing as market saturation to consider. Sometimes selling too much is a bad thing. I can't imagine ever buying all of these. Are there enough Italian DCS players to justify that suite of modules? Also, how could they all be up to DCS level? Hard to imagine there won't be a few stinkers in there, despite best intentions. Efficacy of developer groups is in many cases untested and unknown. Not to mention, DCS is pretty tough stuff cause you're learning to fly AND fight, whereas most FSX stuff you're just flying from A to B and worrying about landing, meaning with FSX its easier to own 25 planes and "know" them half decently, its easier to approach and skills are more transferable.

I can't imagine lots of people trying to master all these planes, or being interesting in being not particularly good at flying 2 dozen of them. Lots of conjecture, but I think we'll definitely get to see what things are like once the first batch are out. I hope that market saturation doesn't unintentionally stifle the 3rd Party Dev community.

I am excited to see what comes, but those that think this is a list of what we're going to get with 100% certainty... lawl is all I can say. XD

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

And anybody who thinks that all of these planes are going to get released must be on some derivative of crack cocaine, because anybody who's ever paid any attention to economics and the broader marketplace knows that anytime you get this many projects going, they never all go through.

Its just about impossible to imagine this many planes getting finished. I wouldn't be surprised if half the 3rd party devs release their first plane, realize they're making no money cause the market is flooded, cancel the rest of them, then even more devs get worried they won't make any money.

There is such a thing as market saturation to consider. Sometimes selling too much is a bad thing. I can't imagine ever buying all of these. Are there enough Italian DCS players to justify that suite of modules? Also, how could they all be up to DCS level? Hard to imagine there won't be a few stinkers in there, despite best intentions. Efficacy of developer groups is in many cases untested and unknown. Not to mention, DCS is pretty tough stuff cause you're learning to fly AND fight, whereas most FSX stuff you're just flying from A to B and worrying about landing, meaning with FSX its easier to own 25 planes and "know" them half decently, its easier to approach and skills are more transferable.

I can't imagine lots of people trying to master all these planes, or being interesting in being not particularly good at flying 2 dozen of them. Lots of conjecture, but I think we'll definitely get to see what things are like once the first batch are out. I hope that market saturation doesn't unintentionally stifle the 3rd Party Dev community.

I am excited to see what comes, but those that think this is a list of what we're going to get with 100% certainty... lawl is all I can say. XD

So much negativity...

You do know that this list probably comprises the list of addons that will be showing up in the next 3-5 years...you won't see any of these overnight and I am certain some will be dropped.

If even half of these make it through, and if even half of those are of DCS A-10C fidelity, I would call that the golden years of combat simming.

You are welcome to your bleak outlook but if ED does things right and actually starts pushing out proper APIs and SDKs the possiblities for future growth are amazing. Who uses the word "lawl"?

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

So much negativity...

Its called cynical realism, and if more people practiced it there'd be many fewer complaint threads about FC3.

You do know that this list probably comprises the list of addons that will be showing up in the next 3-5 years...you won't see any of these overnight and I am certain some will be dropped.

If even half of these make it through, and if even half of those are of DCS A-10C fidelity, I would call that the golden years of combat simming.

You are welcome to your bleak outlook but if ED does things right and actually starts pushing out proper APIs and SDKs the possiblities for future growth are amazing.

No I get it, but there's so much blind optimism that there has to be a reflex against it. Also, I have a vested interest in being skeptical. IF things work out perfectly it'll be great for simmers, but if it goes tits up because the market gets saturated and nobody buys anything and there are just too many hot dog stands in NY for a vendor to make any cash then it'll have the opposite effect.

You know I was watching A Bridge Too Far last night and everytime somebody criticised Monty's plan for Market Garden and said "If this succeeds" some General would always say "You mean when it succeeds".

You know how many businesses have gone under just because of overexpansion? If I dig what they sell but they die because they expanded too much I'll be as upset as anybody.

I'm sorry if the skeptics ruin everyone's excitement for the next 3-5 years of sim development.

Who uses the word "lawl"?

ad hominem

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Market Garden failed because of the radios and cooperation....

This 3rd party stuff has barely started and you are already condemning it...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

And you have no proof of concept or theory to back anything you've said.

Infact the last 5 years, Games have Gone Free To Play with optional Addons and Microtransactions.. and Made Millions.

DCSW is FTP, with Optional Addons, with more on the way.... People will be playing DCSW by the millions because it's free, which opens up to a larger audience that can download a $10-50 addon if they feel like it..

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You have a point that some devs may fall apart or just not be able to accomplish what they set out to do, but for the most part, these are all individual entities working on these projects. There is no reason why all of them can't make it to success.

Assuming the above list is accurate, I plan to but quite a few of these if they turn out well. I could buy them all if I wanted, but I'm not interested in all of them. And it's not about "this plane isn't from my country I don't care". You don't need Italian sim players to sell Italian aircraft.

I probably won't master them either. I'll master 1-2 and enjoy the rest. However, the A-10C, which I'm not particularly interested in, took me a week to get familiar with. So those I don't spent hours and hours on won't just become virtual paper weights.

About FSX vs DCS, who says people don't want to just fly in DCS? I've found the P-51 fun as a dogfighter and a free flight machine. I've made use of the "civil plane" option a few times. I don't have an issue just flying some of the other aircraft. DCS physics make them feel good to just fly.

We can say it's not 100%, but where it lies between 1% and 99%, no one can say.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files