[X52Pro] Removing Throttle Detent (1280px Photos!)

Thanks to Greb's thread How to remove Saitek X52/X52 Pro Throttle Detents, I decided to do this as a helicopter pilot(!). :D And I thought you might wanted to know/see what was going in there. I tried to take detail photos as posibble as I can. I hope this mod encourages my friends who feels unconfortable about X52 throttle but finds do this very risky.

Actually there's no any risk in doing this. But I don't suggest if your X52 has warranty. I didn't think about if mine has warranty or not, because I really needed to remove it. But I think I must write that: WARNING! By doing this modification, you are responsible for potential problems, malfunctions or failures.

OK. Let's get started...

• We need a X52 throttle. :) A small-long Philips head screwdriver and a small pliers.
    devrim_removex52prodetentmod-01.jpg

• 8 screws to remove. To me, removing order is not important. It's better if you have magnetic screwdriver to take the screw out... As you see, two screws are hidden. Remove rubber first. I did it via Slot-type (normal) screwdriver.
    devrim_removex52prodetentmod-02.jpg

devrim_removex52prodetentmod-04.jpg

• There are 3 type screws here. Don't mix them!
    devrim_removex52prodetentmod-03.jpg

• Here is the landspace. :) You can remove all screws without worry. None of one holds any circuit layer or something. At least I didn't have any problem about that... You can guess the relationship between two black points under the throttle (yellow ellipse on left piece) and the detent (yellow ellipse on right piece).
    devrim_removex52prodetentmod-05.jpg

devrim_removex52prodetentmod-06.jpg

devrim_removex52prodetentmod-07.jpg

• Here is the bug! :) I pulled it gently with a pliers. That's it!
    devrim_removex52prodetentmod-08.jpg

devrim_removex52prodetentmod-09.jpg

• Now we may have a little problem. I don't know the reason, while re-assembling X52, especially the "Force Screw" didn't fit properly. Loosening it may help! I did it in that way.
    devrim_removex52prodetentmod-10.jpg

• At the same time, observe that; the white parts have to sit into rails properly.
    devrim_removex52prodetentmod-11.jpg

That's it.

The result is perfect of the perfect. I wish I did this before, last year or the day I bought it...

To get rid of detent issue, I used to set throttle axis deadzone=15 and Saturation_X=80. In this way I didn't use the detent-area. Now, I use all throttle track.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Best wishes...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Huh! I think I'm the only one who insterested with this too much in whole forum. :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Thanks for the pics, I want to get rid of the idle one, but leave the military/afterburner one.

Looks like from your pics I can just take off one of the black nubs in the last pic and it will get rid of it.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Thanks for replies guys. :)

Hmm. Yes you're right Txmtb.

But I have no idea how to remove one of them. Good luck. :)

• 2 years later...

Oh man oh man... why didn't I do this years ago? Thanks for the post - never realised how straight forward this would be. What a different it makes for the numerous helicopter sims I play. Thanks!

You're welcome Lycos. :)

Do it. You'll see the difference and relief on the throttle.

Have fun.

Exactly. :)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for taking the time to post this. Very helpful.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just used it to fix my throttle after the AB detent stopped working. The instructions worked great!

However I just want to point out that the detent springy plug in the case bottom that we're removing does not actually rub on the the center white bracket as circled in picture #5. It actually engages directly on the black shaft between that white center bracket and the outer white bracket. The bracket that is circled fits into a rectangular tower in the case bottom and during normal operation, it never actually moves.

Please pardon the engineer in me. I cannot contain his posts...