DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the news!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 weeks later...

I was just thinking the other day how it would be nice to have a Gazelle in DCS, and I was completely unaware of this project.

For some reason, the YT videos posted in this thread aren't working anymore.

Also, Shadow, are you a pilot from Senke by any chance?

Hi guys and thanks for your support

The Gazelle has reached the step to be retextured with its final textures, both cockpit and external

I also keep going on coding the parts that were not coded

I'll surely post some pics as soon as available.

@Nefron, yes I removed some vids from YT, they were outdated and didn't match the current developpement state.

• Like 1

Cool thanks for the update Pat,

I can't wait to see this project come to fruition.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi gents,

At the moment, moving map, Pilot gun sight and more things are beeing coded, it's a long way and I thank you all for your support. The 3D pilots are on the way too, pics as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Pat.... make me buy another helicopter I cant fly very well :)

3rd

Intel i5 4690k

MSI GTX 970 4g gaming edition

Asus Z97k Mobo

8Gb Corsair vengeance 1866mhz

120GB Samsung 840 evo

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint hdd

Windows 10

4 channel surround

Hotas Cougar w/ 120mm machined steel extension and elite rudder pedals

DIY collective via bu0836x plus some random buttons and knobs

Cougar MFDs

Running 1920*2104 over 3 screens

• 1 month later...

Hello gents,

The cockpit and the external model are completely being re-textured at the moment (still WIP), but no view at the moment.

If you appreciate the BO-105 cockpit, you will appreciate the gazelle cockpit too, :) thanks Oliver.

A lot of things have been improved or changed, among them, rotor blades animations have been re-made with bones (for the technicians), rotor head animations are now like the real helicopter, a moving map has been added to the "copilot" position.

This vid was made at the first step of the moving map coding

http://youtu.be/heoMcZYev3Q

Thanks for your support.

• Like 1

Hello gents,

The cockpit and the external model are completely being re-textured at the moment (still WIP), but no view at the moment.

If you appreciate the BO-105 cockpit, you will appreciate the gazelle cockpit too, :) thanks Oliver.

A lot of things have been improved or changed, among them, rotor blades animations have been re-made with bones (for the technicians), rotor head animations are now like the real helicopter, a moving map has been added to the "copilot" position.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks for the update! :thumbup: Lots of good stuff coming to DCS in the future.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Hello gents,

Thanks for your support.

Great Work....

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.