Huge issue, keyboard does not have pause/break!

VVanks

I have a laptop keyboard and it doesn't have pause break!!!! How do I start missions?

You can remap it to some other key. I had to do it too because I use Pause key as TIR recenter key. Not that huge issue... :)

Edited by Kaitsu

I thought F12 was the re-centre in TIR. Why change it?

Thanks Clarke

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Because of the wingman radio commands. I change it to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I thought F12 was the re-centre in TIR. Why change it?

Thanks Clarke

Because of the wingman radio commands. I change it too.

Yes, because F12 is in use in a lot of simulators and print screen/scroll lock/pause keys are nicely separated for TIR use.

Edited by Kaitsu

VVanks, mind stating make and model of that laptop? I'd like to stare in awe at the manufacturer stupid enough to remove that key. Even my miniscule Asus EEE 900 has one. :P

Certain it's not present as a secondary function? My bigger laptop has pause and break as separate functions on the Page Up and Page Down keys, and the function of them is reached through holding a specific function key (marked FN) while pressing them in a manner similar to regular shift and control commands. That method works in DCS on that laptop for me. The FN key is the same as many laptops have for accessing various special functions, like screen dimming and suchlike.

EDIT: I just checked the household MacBook Pro and noticed that it does not have a Pause/Break key, not even as a secondary function... Gods damn...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

some laptops do have the pause/break key, its usually f12 but you have to hit another button to access it. For my dell laptop, its a "Fn" key, so I hit that + F12. I know what you mean though, I beta test black shark on a a laptop and it was a pain to hit both keys in a stick situation. That's why I just macro it to my joystick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VVanks, mind stating make and model of that laptop? I'd like to stare in awe at the manufacturer stupid enough to remove that key. Even my miniscule Asus EEE 900 has one. :P

Certain it's not present as a secondary function? My bigger laptop has pause and break as separate functions on the Page Up and Page Down keys, and the function of them is reached through holding a specific function key (marked FN) while pressing them in a manner similar to regular shift and control commands. That method works in DCS on that laptop for me. The FN key is the same as many laptops have for accessing various special functions, like screen dimming and suchlike.

EDIT: I just checked the household MacBook Pro and noticed that it does not have a Pause/Break key, not even as a secondary function... Gods damn...

I am shy to admit that I use a Macbook Pro. :D I figured it out, pressing s unpauses the game.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...