Can't release bombs in CCRP mode (track inc)

razorseal

Guys, I just watched a neat youtube video to make sure i'm doing everything properly...

however I am having a problem dropping bombs in CCRP mode.

I select my target from TGP in point mode

line everything up

I don't see the counter 'ball drop' thing going on... I do see a 'MAN REL' but that doesn't work either.

can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Here is the track

Thanks!

ps - I had a similar problem long time ago, but never fixed the problem (I don't play too often so)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=77442

CCRP problem.trk

Edited by razorseal

Some elements are bomb specific like a too high speed wont result in launch a certain altitude. Some bombs are high altitude, some low etc.

Did the weapon of choice need a fired and active laser on launch. With certain weapons the moment of pressing and releasing the releasebutton is of concequence. Diveangle, jamming etc etc

If the HUD says MAN REL, then you're not in CCRP mode. MAN REL means that the bomb will come off as soon as you press the pickle button. You need to see 3/9 or 5 MIL (depending on the weapon selected) to know that you're in CCRP - assuming, of course, you haven't purposely turned on the CCIP Consent Release option in the IFFCC menu.

Press the Master Mode Control button until you see CCRP in the center of the HUD, then verify that the release mode is either 3/9, or 5 MIL.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the above is null and void if you're talking about JDAMs. Are you dropping JDAMs?

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

after setting target in tgp, are you setting it as SPI? TMS up long I believe, with tgp as SOI.

Edit: to be clear, I'd look at the track and tell you what is wrong, but at work until morning :/

how do I verify this? I did that too, and it seems like nothing happens.

Sorry I don't have time to open the track right now, but if you're using a GBU-31/38 or CBU-103/105, be sure that on the DSMS they ready "RDY" and not "ALN DEG" or something like that. If it does say "ALN DEG" (and I think there's something else it could say, but I don't remember), it means that the INS guidance on the weapon hasn't aligned, and IIRC even when it shows that it'll still show "MAN REL" and basically indicate that it's ready to drop even though it isn't (and it won't).

If this is the case, just yaw the plane left and right a little bit, and that should take care of it.

If not, nevermind. :doh:

Watched the track and it looked like everything was set up fine.

When you see the MAN REL cue in the hud you need to hold down the pickle button. It takes a few seconds (one potato two potato three) for the bomb to come off. So just keep holding it. It looks like you may have hit the pickle button a few times?

Edit. Watched it again and looked at your stick pickle buttonthis time. Looks like you just quickly pushed and released it. Gotta hold that thing down for a little bit :)

Edited by Rider1