AV-8B Harrier Plus DCS version

Prowler111

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very nice. we really could use a thrust vectoring simulator, DCS fidelity by now..:thumbup:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I have a feeling RAZBAM will be the first to release a 3rd party aircraft :-D

Beczl still has a huge headstart. ;)

While the pics look very nice, this is probably the "naked" artwork you are seeing, they still need to animate all the moving parts etc. Quite a long road ahead.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• ED Team

This is the aircraft I am waiting for, it will be awesome to have the harrier in DCS !

I hope DCS can sort the FARP's out so VTOL aircraft can use them :)

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

To make the same level of Mi-21Bis or A-10C, the AFM need 1 year to complete, and a good enginer, restringite data and AV8B test pilot to make them and avalate them. If RAZBAM sell the AV8B that year, the model only have SFM.

and you know this how?

Surely there must be some middle ground in flight model that will occur with all these 3rd party developers releasing modules for DCS World. How exactly do we define SFM versus AFM? Are they completely mutually exclusive?

Well, AFM needs to be made from scratch....

Very nice but will there be a British GR version....?

I might need to start learning to make ships again..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Well, AFM needs to be made from scratch....

Very nice but will there be a British GR version....?

I might need to start learning to make ships again..

So no way to have some parts of the flight model SFM while others AFM? Can't you just copy and paste the SFM into the AFM and make gradual improvements over time?

Are they completely mutually exclusive?

Pretty much. I don't think you can take a simple approach for part of a Flight Model and a more detailed approach to another. You can't isolate one facet of flight from another to that degree without comprimising the whole package.

IMHO, of course.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Pretty much. I don't think you can take a simple approach for part of a Flight Model and a more detailed approach to another. You can't isolate one facet of flight from another to that degree without comprimising the whole package.

IMHO, of course.

But an AFM is something that is tuned and refined over time isn't it? Even the DCS A10 AFM was tweaked with the latest patch, so was in a simpler state before being upgraded. (now the plane shakes when pulling high G manoeuvres ). By this logic it would be possible to start off with a simpler flight model and upgrade it over time would it not?