Where do screenshots go?

elcid

Hi everyone,

I'm new to DCS and all the modules but i've just finished installing DCS World and all the modules and I'm starting to fiddle around with DCS Mustang. I'v seen that the control for taking screenshots is "SysRq". I've tried taking shots but can't find where it's located. Can someone tell me where to find them?

Thanks

elcid

It's not "sysrq", it is "print screen" - though usually this is the same key. The name might help explain why it is that key, though.

As for where: C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Screenshots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It's not "sysrq", it is "print screen" - though usually this is the same key. The name might help explain why it is that key, though.

As for where: C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Screenshots

Is there an editable file telling the sim where to put them. I'd love to be able to save them to a different location--the Win7 "Pictures" folder in a DCS folder of their own, for instance.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I don't believe so unfortunately - in this aspect DCS is simply conforming to Microsoft-defined standard practices.

You can however use a secondary program (like FRAPS) to capture screenshots and define their destination manually.

EDIT: You may however be able to create symlinked directories where there is a symlink to that screenshot directory where you please - like the Pictures folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I don't believe so unfortunately - in this aspect DCS is simply conforming to Microsoft-defined standard practices.

You can however use a secondary program (like FRAPS) to capture screenshots and define their destination manually.

EDIT: You may however be able to create symlinked directories where there is a symlink to that screenshot directory where you please - like the Pictures folder.

I was afraid of that. But that's OK. It just would have been nice to keep all my images in the same general location.

Not sure what exactly you mean in your edit, nor how to go about it. If it gets to be that much of a PITA, I'll just create a BAT file to do a copy/paste for me and leave it on my Desktop. In fact, that might be the simplest, if least elegant, solution.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Actually, it's pretty simple to do:

attachment.php?attachmentid=68673&stc=1&d=1343414389

symlinking.thumb.png.b1a1133feb2e9befc8ff191426cc4641.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Actually, it's pretty simple to do:

A BAT file sitting on my Desktop would be SOOOO retro, though. :) Thanks for the how-to. Didn't realize you could do that. Cool. I'll give it a shot.

Rich

_____

EtherealN, your fix does not physically move the pics to the intended folder (as I read Ironhand's intent), but instead creates a link to the DCS Screenshot folder in the Libraries/Pictures "quick link" so you can quickly view the files... Kind of like putting a shortcut to the folder somewhere so you can get at it quicker!

The pictures are still stored in their original location...

I assume you were aware, I just want to be sure it's clear! With all these links, pointers, etc., I think it gets more and more confusing as to where the "physical" files are really stored...

Edited by Diemos