Monthly Newsletter Updates Discussion

SkateZilla

from now on, should it be a big universal wags update thread?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't 1.2.5 get fixed before 1.2.6 beta starts? :music_whistling:

What if the bugs in 1.2.5, dont exist in 1.2.6....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

well, maybe it's just now going into Effect?,

the thread that was created yesterday is gone AFAIK (i dont see it anywhere).

I can change the title of this one to "The Wags Official Updates Thread"

or make a new one, and put rules in the first post so people dont go overboard.

I personally would rather a single thread be started, and Links to the updates in the first post.

A new thread was just started by another user for today, so we'll see what happens with that thread.

Edited by SkateZilla

Pretty dry on the news front, but there are things on the way soon. I'm not sure if it's been asked, but is there a way to do a dual installation for DCSW? I have not put much thought into it, but there may be those that want two installations for the open beta and for released to be able to connect with those that opt out of open beta. Forgive me if its an obvious answer to this...:music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'm not sure if it's been asked, but is there a way to do a dual installation for DCSW? I have not put much thought into it, but there may be those that want two installations for the open beta and for released to be able to connect with those that opt out of open beta. Forgive me if its an obvious answer to this...:music_whistling:

You do realize that most, if not all, of the testers are running multiple versions out of necessity.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

or

No new news on F18

No news, of course not meaning bad news, just no news. I'm remaining optimistic:). I have a theory that Wags and ED might be holding off on giving any news on the F-18 until they are close to completion. Then he can jump in with tons of screenshots and videos to show what is shortly coming out. I'd let people grumble and complain until I had enough to just blow their minds. Of course a major Wags update suddenly showing a nearly complete F-18 might result in a flood of flight sim geeks to the hospitals for hernias and heart attacks.

"We got another DCSer incoming!"

"What's the injury?"

"Saw the F-18 Wagsday post and blew out his rectum."

"Get me a colostomy bag stat!"

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Dream on.....

I know, and for the sake of DCS simmer heart health everywhere, let's hope that's all it is...:D

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Honestly, I would not expect any new on Hornet until this time next year at the earliest.

I am going to make a macro for quoting this. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Install into a different folder?

There's the obvious answer though I thought there may be an issue with activation or registry, but good to know it's not an issue. Fair enough.

You do realize that most, if not all, of the testers are running multiple versions out of necessity.
Nope. Never had a need for multiple installations until now.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Uhh ... I thought maybe at March or April in 2014 we would see the first screenshots ... :(

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's the obvious answer though I thought there may be an issue with activation or registry, but good to know it's not an issue. Fair enough.

Nope. Never had a need for multiple installations until now.

I have like 3 folders, one for Mods, one for MP, and One for messing around with files.

I just copied the folder and re-named it. the modules all stayed registered.

from now on, should it be a big universal wags update thread?
No, I miss the Wags update anticipation excitement this week ... we're not all 65+ you know.

Why not invite all (ED/3rd) parties to give their respective updates on Friday and combine in a single thread each week?

That way, each 3rd party developer will (hopefully) garner interest for their product instead of being tucked away in some dark corner of the forum.

And it's kind of competitive too ...

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille