2013 Virtual Hawgsmoke

Snoopy

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhuhuhuh an excellent thing !

Fighter Combat Simulations ( 81° vFS DCS A-10C ) will partecipate !

Edited by _Heater_

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Superb idea!

33rd Airbasewing -a german squad existing since the beginnings of LOMAC- is looking forward to such an event. If there is a way how we can support you let us know. Please be so kind to include us in your mailing list for further information: info theATsign 33rd.de

Wireman

www.33rd.de

Edited by Leto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

How many pilots per squad can participate?

Also to be fair, would you allow lonewolfs to participate, but just group them into their own squadron or have a separate individual scoring pool?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Croatian *NOB* Mrcine's 1st Bomber Regiment "Pajceki" would be glad to participate... :thumbup:

And Grimes has a question in the right place, how many per squad? :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

And Grimes has a question in the right place, how many per squad? :pilotfly:

As soon as we've worked that out, it'll be published along with the scoring system and what each flight will involve. We'll give squads plenty of time to train. It'll almost certainly be based on 2 ship and/or 4 ship flights, and teamwork and planning may be scored as well as excecution/weapon accuracy.

As Paul said, brain storming is in progress within the 25th to develop robust scoring system and work out exactly what the competition will involve. ;)

I'm working on an comprehensive, but simple, scoring system for consideration based on real world scoring parameters, as are a few other 25th members, we'll see how the 25th decides to go. I certainly hope we can make this a good challenge for everyone from the newer inexperienced squadron members to the old hats amogst us. I think if anyone scores 100% of the possible points, it's too easy. :D

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

HELL YEAH THAT SOUND FUNNY !

Ill check back if we have pilots in our squadron which have dropped BDUs yet :dunno:

if not - were working on it :weight_lift_2:

await our application within 2 days :thumbsup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

I checked back with my mates and there is definately "lust for participation"

=STP= is in !

please let us know as soon as possible how many Pilots per squadron are allowed... important for our internal planning ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

As soon as we've worked that out, it'll be published along with the scoring system and what each flight will involve. We'll give squads plenty of time to train. It'll almost certainly be based on 2 ship and/or 4 ship flights, and teamwork and planning may be scored as well as excecution/weapon accuracy.

As Paul said, brain storming is in progress within the 25th to develop robust scoring system and work out exactly what the competition will involve. ;)

I'm working on an comprehensive, but simple, scoring system for consideration based on real world scoring parameters, as are a few other 25th members, we'll see how the 25th decides to go. I certainly hope we can make this a good challenge for everyone from the newer inexperienced squadron members to the old hats amogst us. I think if anyone scores 100% of the possible points, it's too easy. :D

It might have been an idea to have a good grasp of what you wanted to run and exactly how you wanted to run it 'before' advertising?

I'm being flippant.

It'll be fine. You have all of our support.

Now get back to work..............................

:thumbup:

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

It might have been an idea to have a good grasp of what you wanted to run and exactly how you wanted to run it 'before' advertising?

I'm being flippant.

It'll be fine. You have all of our support.

Now get back to work..............................

:thumbup:

Oh I know what I'D do, but then not everyone finds the challenge of 100% realism as much fun as I do, so I have to rely on my 25th bretheren to keep me in check sometimes. :D

I've been thinking about this since I mentioned it to you and Bengo at Duxford, so my brain is very full of ideas.

My current idea for the scoring system is a world of maths and excel formulas, although I think it's rather elegant in its simplicity. (but then I would). :book:

This event needs to be challenging for the hardcore sqns out there, but also accessable and fun for the more casual. I'm working on a scoring system that won't disadvantage smaller sqn's that can't enter many pilots and won't "punnish" those who don't know the finer points of weapon delivery, but will still give everyone something that rewards hard work and training for the event for those competitive (not me, honest :music_whistling:) types who want to put that amount of effort in. We'll have to see what happens and what other people think of, lots of ideas at the moment.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

so I have to rely on my 25th bretheren to keep me in check sometimes. :D

No sh*t. :D

I think it also doesnt't hurt to poke around a bit to see what interest there would be for such an event, before working out everything in detail.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Woohoo : BRING IT ON !

Great initiative from the 25th.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Interested! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5