Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No all you need is FSX, Acceleration, VRS Superhornet, Tacpac.

The rest is freeware:

AICARRIERS2

Javiers Carriers

vLSO0.6b

T45

ILS fix for carriers

With the vLSO FSX players have managed to get good enough to land a real Hornet sim on a Carrier.:thumbup:

...and FSUIPC 4;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It could be a Legacy Hornet but not a Superhornet because there is not enough information available for ED to do a Superhornet. If there were an SDK for DCS perhaps we could ask VRS to do a payware addon for DCS.:pilotfly:

If Janes F/A-18E SUPERHORNET[which incidentally Matt Wagner was part of] could do a high fidelity Superhornet simulation in 1998,then why can't ED/TFC do one in 2012?

Just like in the A-10C some things we know are classified,we aren't seeing in sim.

Patrick

mini.gif

No all you need is FSX, Acceleration, VRS Superhornet, Tacpac.

The rest is freeware:

AICARRIERS2

Javiers Carriers

vLSO0.6b

T45

ILS fix for carriers

With the vLSO FSX players have managed to get good enough to land a real Hornet sim on a Carrier.:thumbup:

Thanks that's what I was looking for. Apparently I have acceleration with FSX gold - I'll go ahead and get VRS once I get it working.

Nate

That is a great idea. Why can't VRS be working with DCS addons instead of a civilian sim like FSX!

That's what I'm thinking! If Seven-G F-18 could be implemented into the DCS engine then I would happily pay for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

If Janes F/A-18E SUPERHORNET[which incidentally Matt Wagner was part of] could do a high fidelity Superhornet simulation in 1998,then why can't ED/TFC do one in 2012?

Just like in the A-10C some things we know are classified,we aren't seeing in sim.

IMO DCS A-10C is far more detailed than Janes F/A-18E, it was only a few years ago that ED devs mentioned Hornets were not possible due to lack of information in particular the Tac manual. Recently they may have got enough to do a Legacy Hornet but the Superhornet I doubt they would be able to get the Tac manual. As for VRS the Superhornet has everything in the NATOPs manual and alot of other stuff which is why the Tacpac has so much more detailed features than Janes F/A-18E. :thumbup: I don't think VRS has the Tac manual for the Superhornet yet but when such information ever gets released then I have no doubt such sims would benefit from it. This is just my own speculation here based on what I've read so far.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

There is a LOT of information "available" about both jets, but I have to imagine ED would need to be very careful what they used.

Theres not enough information for the Superhornet. Its the Tac manual that is the part that is preventing a DCS Superhornet. You have the NATOPs and the E200 but without the Tac manual it would not be on the same level as DCS/BMS. I would buy a VRS Tacpac level Superhornet addon for DCS as I believe particularly after seeing the latest video that its quite close.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

That is a great idea. Why can't VRS be working with DCS addons instead of a civilian sim like FSX!

Theres no SDK for DCS and FSX has the whole planet also TACPAC will later get an SDK which means that everything can be armed and dangerous in FSX. Combined with FSX@WAR its going to be quite good. If they make a Prepare3d version there is potential there with the help of Lockhead that it could evolve much more.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

IMO DCS A-10C is far more detailed than Janes F/A-18E, it was only a few years ago that ED devs mentioned Hornets were not possible due to lack of information in particular the Tac manual. Recently they may have got enough to do a Legacy Hornet but the Superhornet I doubt they would be able to get the Tac manual. As for VRS the Superhornet has everything in the NATOPs manual and alot of other stuff which is why the Tacpac has so much more detailed features than Janes F/A-18E. :thumbup: I don't think VRS has the Tac manual for the Superhornet yet but when such information ever gets released then I have no doubt such sims would benefit from it. This is just my own speculation here based on what I've read so far.

:thumbup:I did not know DCS made that comment about the SuperHornet,Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Patrick

mini.gif

yup. when the VRS Tacpack comes it will change alot. Being able to fly a good simulation of an bug and be able to hit targets combined with the carrier ops. That combined also with the stunning scenery thats availble for FSX and addons for weather etc.

Lack of AI for the enemy forces will be tacpacks biggest challenge. Sure you can destroy anything in the world. If nothing is active on your battlefield, there just a backdrop.

I am looking forward to seeing how this will be overcome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lack of AI for the enemy forces will be tacpacks biggest challenge. Sure you can destroy anything in the world. If nothing is active on your battlefield, there just a backdrop.

This is a huge thing! DCS has AI that engages other AI and human controlled aircraft. Just having jets flying around won't be enough. Especially for online play.

I think of a typical DCS/FC mission setup for a server or a match. That would be impossible just having Jets that shoot at each other. While there is always room for improvement, the MP aspect of DCS/FC is not available in any other modern jet sim (F4 is not modern! :) ) FSX will not come close with out a LOT of changes that may never be possible.

Theres not enough information for the Superhornet. Its the Tac manual that is the part that is preventing a DCS Superhornet. You have the NATOPs and the E200 but without the Tac manual it would not be on the same level as DCS/BMS. I would buy a VRS Tacpac level Superhornet addon for DCS as I believe particularly after seeing the latest video that its quite close.

VRS is using the F/A-18 maintenance manuals for reference on stuff that's not in the NATOPS. It provides a more in depth reference to the tactical systems and functions of the aircraft. They are declassified, but run at a hefty price (~$1000).

Look up an addon called "FSX@War". The guy who's working on it has managed to get ground AI units to move about a battlefield and engage each other. The ground units are also fully destroyable with the TacPack. He's still working on getting airborne AI to engage, but even so, it's pretty impressive. Once VRS gets a more final version of the actual module that the TacPack runs on, other FSX developers will be able to use that same module to enable the weapon systems on their own addons, as well as make them MP compatible. If other developers get on the bandwagon, FSX has the *possibility* of becoming a global combat sim.

Also, just so you know, NDA's on the TacPack beta team have been relaxed, so there are a ton of new images and new info over in the VRS Tacpack forums.

VRS is using the F/A-18 maintenance manuals for reference on stuff that's not in the NATOPS.

Yet in the current iteration of the Superbug, they still have not followed NATOPS (and other documents they may or may not have) to the letter. (For whatever reason, no doubt most often because of limitations within FSX.)

An update planned for the near future should fix that problem.

What's the FPS like on the VRS Superbug? I mean, with the NGX FSX runs at about 25fps max with microjitters frequently on a large number of rigs, which surely can't make for particularly engaging combat! That said I'd presume the VRS is easier on the FPS and you'd probably also turn AI traffic off??

There will be some absolutely incredible scenarios using the WHOLE WORLD!!! as terrain...Wow

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

VRS Superbug runs like any aircraft in FSX for me: just fine! The VRS actually has better FPS than most add-on aircraft for me actually, come to think of it.

Excellent :D The Carenado aircraft gave me the best FPS! I think my best experience in FSX was with the Carenado Skymaster in HD...That was incredible :)

(sorry btw, still havent had a chance to get online!)

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

After I ran this utility FSX is running very smooth with nothing lost in quality.

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

After I ran this utility FSX is running very smooth with nothing lost in quality.

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Someone else mentioned this recently. I will have to give it shot myself.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Be very careful what tweaks you are applying to fsx.cfg with VRS F/A-18E. Many of them unwillingly cause LOD issues and VRS aicraft visibility in multiplayer!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Also, just so you know, NDA's on the TacPack beta team have been relaxed, so there are a ton of new images and new info over in the VRS Tacpack forums.

Cool, thanks for this info ExNusquam!:thumbup:

Had a look at it. Pics are great. An YT vid would be really appreciated.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals