Elevator flutter accompanied by rapid pitch ups

Snarf

Flying the P51 on the intercept mission I find that I have random bouts of what appears to be elevator flutter accompanied by rapid but brief pitch ups. Assuming the controls are programmed to be properly mass balanced this shouldn't be happening.

This makes it almost impossible to shoot straight as every time you line up the target you get a sudden pitch up which throws off your aim. This is in straight and level flight so no other factors should be affecting it.

I'm running a high end graphics card and computer and have no problem running the program on max everything with good frame rate and smooth video so I don't think its a performance issue from my end.

Depending on which type of flight I am doing the problem may or may not appear but is consistently there for the intercept.

Think you were right Buzzles, repositing my joystick seems to have cured the problem. Flies very nicely now. Wings falling off seems better too now, this may have been caused by stress from the sudden pitch ups, The P51 while not as good an aircraft in general as the FW190D is the best gun platform I think, in the end stable shooting is a big plus. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Snarf

... The P51 while not as good an aircraft in general as the FW190D ....

:blink: .... why dost thou blaspheme? Sorry, couldn't resist ... however my perspective might change slightly when the Spit IX comes out.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!