#01 - MINI-UPDATE 25/03/2014

Cobra847

Folks,

We're all hard at work behind the scenes, hence the slight gap in structured information. We've been aiming at providing you with a more "meaty" update, but hopefully this stop-gap measure will provide a small measure of relief until that one is completely ready.

Every feature and system that is required for release is now implemented.

All of these components are undergoing testing and iteration, to make sure everything is working as intended.

In the past few weeks we have also replaced several legacy components, including a full overhaul of the weapons and their definitions. (See weapons thread)

The AFM has been finished for several months.

Essentially -- we are preparing the aircraft for testing and approval.

We've made considerable progress in mission and campaign construction, including tutorial missions. These are going to be voice-acted in the next few days. Another critical learning component: the manual, will soon reach its' final iteration, at which point we can initiate localizated translations.

Art-wise; -Rudel- is now working on the last, and final, exterior component of the aircraft, which is the tail and vertical/horizontal stabilisers.

Livery creation is in full swing on already completed parts. Stencils (decals) have proved to be a major timesink.

We're recreating these in multiple languages, as several countries had localized ones.

In the past few weeks we've also completely overhauled the art of roughly 60% of our custom weapon models and textures.

Apart from the aforementioned; all other art is ready for release.

Hopefully this gives you a small overview of the state of the aircraft,

and we look forward to sharing much more with you in the coming update.

Thank you for your patience and support,

Leatherneck Simulations

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks Cobra!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hello Cobra,

Fresh news, it's super and now we can breath again...

Thank's again and congratulation again for this great Module...

Bye, Skull.

Awesome work!

For what my opinion is worth, I can't give less of a hoot about skins that come with the release, for all that I care it could just come in one shade of aluminium, even if it only speeds the release up by one single second.

Can't wait :D

Thanks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the update Cobra!

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

At this point or in the next update we will see an estimated release date?

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

At this point or in the next update we will see a estimated release date?

Probably not.. I know I would NEVER provide a date again the way this crowd treats them when they are missed.. I would provide snippets here and there and then when it is ready I would release it...

This environment has turned into pitch forks and torches... No way I would provide a date again. EVER

• Like 1

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Good update, Nick. :) Anxiously awaiting this one.

Probably not.. I know I would NEVER provide a date again the way this crowd treats them when they are missed.. I would provide snippets here and there and then when it is ready I would release it...

This environment has turned into pitch forks and torches... No way I would provide a date again. EVER

The unfortunate truth.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Thanks, Even more impatient now!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

At this point or in the next update we will see a estimated release date?

Enough already. They're not idiots, if they'd felt sure enough to announce a release date, they'd have done so. Does 95% of the posts in this forum have to be either "I want that" or "when will it be finished"?

• Like 1

I´m only asking because THIS.

WHAT!? But you said March 30th?!

At that time, no one expected something this big to occur and hinder our development progress.

We are committed to giving you accurate and realistic time frames.

It is what you deserve and what we should be held accountable for. We will see to it that this is the case in the future.

But, seriously, when are you releasing?

There will be more info on this soon. Promise.

DCS: MiG-21bis Team

With respect and education. I´m a backer so no danger over here. Please keep calm.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4