Aries Radio System

towsim

Dear DCS World user,

Aries Wings Consulting and 10th Gunfighters community are proud to introduce a new radio communication system as freeware for all vehicles of DCS World. This includes Flaming Cliffs and Combined Arms. It is the first step of our radar project which requires specific airborne radios, standalone ground radios and IFF/SIF support. The software is for interest of that users, who want to take advantage of human controlled radar service for ASR, PAR, tower service and GCI in a multiplayer community.

The airborne radio supports the following features for all vehicles:

FC3 and CA support (additional radio panel)
Manual frequency dialing,
preset channel selection,
guard channel selection,
God's frequency (eavesdropper) for communication between players and non players,
carrier detection light. As long as someone speaks on a selected frequency a green carrier light is seen on the corresponding panel.
Box selection light, the selected radio box is marked with a yellow selection light.
Voice encryption for A-10C via KY58
Special Support for A-10C, KA50, P51, Mig-21, F86,FW190, BF109-K,Mi-8, L-39, C-101, F-86, U-H1
Air picture function for the A-10C TGP (only with exported MFDs)
full integration in TeamSpeak3
Range limitation by radio power
Horizon line of sight
Terrain masking
Typical voice quality degradation
White noise
Type specific background noise
IFF/SIF support

Actual Version is 1.987, March, 17th 2016 Have a look to the end of this thread.

The Software works in windowed mode only (not full screen).

All details and downloads can be obtained from http://ariescon.com/

DCS_AATSdiagramm.thumb.jpg.38d1ef96507c30f76edd441ef33e07bc.jpg

Edited by towsim
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Edit: Didn't notice this is posted under LockOn)

I read you correctly that this is an alternative to TARS and for compatibility, TARS should be disabled? I know a lot of people who'll jump when they read about FC3 and CA integration :)

And, is there an indication that someone is using the God's frequency?

I figure that in my group, we're happy that we can trust in people playing fair, but a little (optional) message "User X is now monitoring all" would be nice.

Now, I'm off reading the man :)

Super-

Edited by Supersheep

It is an alternative for existing radio communication software.

And yes, other radio communication software must be disabled.

Aries Radio is an extension for TS3 as plugin. Communication between Aries Radio users and non radio users is possible without any problem. The radio functions become active at the moment a DCS World scenario is started.

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds interesting, definitely going to check it out.

Thanks!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

The left image shows the radio panel on top of FC3 F15 cockpit window. The panel can be hidden on a button push. The right image shows a short explanation of the different status LEDs. The panel is not necessary if you fly in a A-10C, KA50 or P51. In this case the radio control can be done with the cockpit boxes.

Mike

AirborneRadio.jpg.a8ccf6530af356211c2fa3b8510b56e0.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Installer crashes for me, with no error message, as soon as I click "continue" at the first stage.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

when i turn the plugin on my voice gets incredibly distorted in Team Speak (it sounds like a bad voice changer), and there is a high volume buzz in the background, I also cant use keys like Ctrl or Shift as my talk buttons, which is all nitpicking i know, but that no one can understand me when talking is a real problem.

Edited by karambiatos

Can it work independently of DCS world? This kind of tool would invaluable for other simulations.

Edit: I already saw the ground radio. Probably that is what I am looking for.

Edited by Tacom

How important is this when installing?

DCS World must reside in its standard installation directory.

Hopefully, not at all, as that would be an issue for a fairly large group of people.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The only help for the moment, go through the installation guide step by step and follow the instructions there. You should restart TeamSpeak after the plugin is enabled. I assume you were connected to some other guys with TeamSpeak? If they are talking at the same time then you get the effect of frequency interference. This effect is implemented intentionally. In the real world only one transmitter must be active at atime.

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only help for the moment, go through the installation guide step by step and follow the instructions there. You should restart TeamSpeak after the plugin is enabled. I assume you were connected to some other guys with TeamSpeak? If they are talking at the same time then you get the effect of frequency interference. This effect is implemented intentionally. In the real world only one transmitter must be active at atime.

Mike

its a constant buzz, if i go to the capture test, i get it there as well, as long as the plugin is running, no one can understand me, the moment i turn it off its fine.

Edited by karambiatos

@eddie

All virus protection software should be switched off. Be sure, that the installer is started with administrator rights. Be sure, that you use a normal installation of DCS World. We experienced some surprises with ED Testers, hosting 3 different versions of DCS World.

@HiJack , Childfan

The standard folders are important for the installation only. Because the installer scans the registry for the installation path of DCS World and TeamSpeak to copy the necessary files. There is a possibility for a manual installation. If it becomes necessary, I will publish a manual installation guide. It would be simply file copying and the modification of export.lua.

@Tacom

The GossipBox (ground radio) works independent of DCS World. It can be used in any simulation.

@seikdel

Yes, it replaces other communication systems. And they must not be active together with Aries Radio.

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear DCS World user,

Aries Wings Consulting and 10th Gunfighters community are proud to introduce a new radio communication system as freeware for all vehicles of DCS World. This includes Flaming Cliffs and Combined Arms. It is the first step of our radar project which requires specific airborne radios, standalone ground radios and IFF/SIF support. The software is for interest of that users, who want to take advantage of human controlled radar service for ASR, PAR, tower service and GCI in a multiplayer community.

The airborne radio supports the following features for all vehicles:

• Manual frequency dialing,
  • preset channel selection,
  • guard channel selection,
  • God's frequency (eavesdropper) for communication between players and non players,
  • carrier detection light. As long as someone speaks on a selected frequency a green carrier light is seen on the corresponding panel.
  • Box selection light, the selected radio box is marked with a yellow selection light.
  • Voice encryption for A-10C via KY58
  • Special Support for A-10C, KA50 and P51.
  • Air picture function for the A-10C TGP (only with exported MFDs)
  • full integration in TeamSpeak3

The Software works in windowed mode only (not full screen).

All details and download can be obtained from http://ariescon.com/

A quick installation guide can be found here http://ariescon.com/QuickInstallationGuide.pdf

I'm glad you finally released it! :thumbup:

Good work as always...

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

@eddie

All virus protection software should be switched off. Be sure, that the installer is started with administrator rights. Be sure, that you use a normal installation of DCS World. We experienced some surprises with ED Testers, hosting 3 different versions of DCS World.

NO AV or UAC active (so Admin not required).

When you say "Normal installation of DCS World", what do you mean? If you're referring to using the default "C:\Program Files\......." installation path then like many, no I do not, and cannot use it.

And only one "install" of DCS.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

This whole radio system you guys are developing sounds really great.

Only 1 problem that I can see - It is based on Teamspeak and as you said it takes over any other communication software :(

We barely use TARs on our server, it is a big problem for users to join in a server and then start joining 3rd party communication servers through a diffrent program, that's why we don't use it, Not many people will take the hassle to connect to it.

It would be great if your software was running as an extension like the IVC is for Falcon, in that way there's very little the user has to do in order to join the online experience.

The Attachment shows a manual installation procedure. With this, you may have a modified DCS World installed anywhere. Standard installation means, that DCS World was installed with the DCS World installer to any location and was not modified after that. This is the prerequisite to find the valid target path in the registry.

The manual installation guide is for those who have troubles with the installer.

Mike

Aries Radio manual installation guide.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]