UH-1H: mission Novorossiys Crisis

alaryk

Hello all,

First of all sorry for my English, not my natural language, so feel free to correct me !

Here is the V1.0 of Novorossiys Crisis

Novorossiys is under heavy unexpected attack...Your are the only one available for tasking...

You will find:

Pick up and dropping troops in combat environment

easy FM navigation (the mission can be accomplish with visual repair only)

Air to Air gunfight will sometimes occur

Ramdom events

Bugs :p

You will not wind:

long travel time

Long briefing to read

For this mission just follow the orders, and do your best !

I hope you will enjoy it, commentaries and help are welcome !:D

Alaryk.

Novorossiys Crisis.miz

• Like 1

Yurgon did your co-pilot do any shooting?

Yup, after I set him to Free fire, he went like crazy after infantry, as did the door gunners.

For the A2A part, I took control of the front guns and went WWII style. I didn't feel like flying the Huey and aiming the guns at the same time. :)

I missed a lot, but when he had control, the copilot only took a few shots against the helis and didn't even get close, that's why I took matters into my own hands. I was able to destroy two targets and score a mission kill against a third. That was enough to get the "Mission success" message after all. :)

(But I must admit that the Hips didn't make good use of their superior engine power. Basically, they were circling, going after ground targets and ignored me until it was too late for them :D)

Fantastic Mission!

I can only get as far as dropping off the second troops at the red smoke.

I then get told to pick up a stinger team West of my position (and to look for the smoke).

There is a stinger not far West, but there is no smoke. Even if I request the smoke with the F7 menu, there is none. I fly around for a bit looking for the smoke, and then get the message about troops moving in from the East!

Fantastic Mission!

I can only get as far as dropping off the second troops at the red smoke.

I then get told to pick up a stinger team West of my position (and to look for the smoke).

There is a stinger not far West, but there is no smoke. Even if I request the smoke with the F7 menu, there is none. I fly around for a bit looking for the smoke, and then get the message about troops moving in from the East!

Glad you enjoy it :) working on a new one for 2.0

For the stinger you need to fly west for about 5 minutes more or less. From your position just follow the road heading in this direction.

The really fun parts begin there ;)

Have fun

I still can't find the stinger.

I followed the road, and there was a loan infantry man on the hill to the left of it. I still can't see any smoke.

After a short while I got the message about the infantry on the road, and flew over to destroy them all.

I then get the mission has ended, return to airfield, orange smoke message before I have even seen a Mi-8 :-(

I still can't find the stinger.

I followed the road, and there was a loan infantry man on the hill to the left of it. I still can't see any smoke.

After a short while I got the message about the infantry on the road, and flew over to destroy them all.

I then get the mission has ended, return to airfield, orange smoke message before I have even seen a Mi-8 :-(

From the second drop point , fly heading 228 ° for 5.5.

You will end up to a small village near the river. The stinger are between the houses and the forest.

You will have to look for a signal flare, not a smoke.

Hope you will them !

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I can't upload troops in green smoke with F10 menu; after select the option for upload, nothing happens.

did you figure this out? i can also not embark troops like 2 minutes into the game :(

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

The Mission Editor settings for boarding troops change since this mission was made, im fairly new to DCS but I have stumbled across this in a few old missions. You can fix it though, if you are happy to mess around with the Mission Editor.

If you have a watch of this tutorial video by Suntsag you can see how to do it with AI, as far as I can tell the process is the same regardless of whether the heli is AI or Player controlled.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3566110&postcount=59

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...