Screen shots of the new A-10

DCS: A-10C Warthog has not yet entered beta. We will discuss this project in much greater depth starting around July and August of this year. For now, our public focus is on DCS: Black Shark.

Thanks for the info Wags. More info about BS patch?

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

So there will be more then 9 months after the boxed release of BS until a-10?

I'm not sure how you read that into what he said. He just said that it's not in beta at this time and they'll start discussing it as a public thing around July and August. Depending on how the tech is built I don't feel it's necessary to think that it's going to be delayed.

It might be, I have no way to know either way, but that statement alone doesn't indicate that it will, IMO.

EDIT:

Thanks for the info Wangs.

Most unfortunate typo ever that wasn't made by me? :D

Edited by EtherealN
Damn... I made a typo in the word typo... How fail is that?
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Most unfortunate typo ever that wasn't made by me? :D

What typo :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

GA, I'm curious to know if you use or can use your movies for "commercial" purposes. Stick some composed music on there and slap it on as a vid advert on various web pages.

Your vids have the production value and I think if you slap some logo's on there it could be very effective in drawing more attention to the product.

Perhaps you guys do this already, just a thought :)

There's not many companies out there that advertise to men aged 18-49 anymore...the market has shifted to women aged 18-49...so 95% of the consumer products aren't geared toward me. DCS is in that 5% that is marketable to me so I feel a certain responsibility to HELP in whatever way I can to spread the word and see the company gets rewarded for it's efforts.

I know there's not much I can do, but I do feel that responsibility for some reason hehe.

GA, I'm curious to know if you use or can use your movies for "commercial" purposes. Stick some composed music on there and slap it on as a vid advert on various web pages.

Your vids have the production value and I think if you slap some logo's on there it could be very effective in drawing more attention to the product.

Perhaps you guys do this already, just a thought :)

There's not many companies out there that advertise to men aged 18-49 anymore...the market has shifted to women aged 18-49...so 95% of the consumer products aren't geared toward me. DCS is in that 5% that is marketable to me so I feel a certain responsibility to HELP in whatever way I can to spread the word and see the company gets rewarded for it's efforts.

I know there's not much I can do, but I do feel that responsibility for some reason hehe.

Under most circumstances eg. Mein Herz. The Music is Copyrighted, he may be able to get "Permission" I guess from Rammstein's Recording company. But in order to use it for Commercial Gain there would be some large $$$ To pay in order to License that song from the Company that owns the rights to it.

if you don't get the permission and you used someones copyrighted work you can get sued up the ass for it, Lots of cash in that lawsuit.

Not sure, but I do believe Requeim for a dream is also a Copyrighted work, I'm not sure how he's gotten around the copyrights, or for that matter if he has. if he doesn't have rights for the music though, that can be potentially bad for ED. if they endorse his Movie that uses a copyrighted work, they're as much guilty as he is.

Edited by redberon2003

His videos now are just personal projects and are not commercial. You'd have to have a composer or use purchased music for commercial purposes. I'm just curious to see if they'd take it to that level.

They do well on their own, why not capitalize on it and extend the audience?

• ED Team

If people weren't able to use music for their movies, you'd have to sue 90% of the stuff on youtube.

The thing is, the movies i have made that uses music from Hans Zimmer/Immediate Music etc, i don't have "permission" from the producers to include the music in my movies, but on the other end, my movies are FREE to watch and download. Neither myself or ED gets money from the movies. I make movies as a hobby for now, and i enjoy it. It just happens to be that i make movies for ED, and whenever i use music that i don't own myself, or have 100% copyrights "ownership", i put in a disclamer in the movie, and give credit to the creators.

My Black Shark movie "Black Shark overview" used music that was in the "public domain", meaning that the music could be used for whatever purpose we wanted as long as the author got credit in the movie.

But this "copyright" discussion could go on forever, but for now, we're playing it safe.

Oh and btw, a guy i have on msn actually MET with Hans Zimmer, and he showed my movie "Project 50" to him, and he watched the entire thing and he said he liked it.

I used the music in "a good way" i think he said.

• ED Team
Forget copyrights for now that wasn't my intention with the question. Would you or have you and dcs discussed the possibility of making a commercial :30 spot for upcoming projects?

I don't know, as this would be up to ED, as putting it on TV costs some money..

But anyway, back on topic, regarding the A-10.. ;)

Yes! About that, Glowy my boy... :music_whistling:

Seriously though, take all the time you need with the trailer. Work as extraordinary as yours is worth waiting a very, very long time for. Besides, every day after the day I see your Hog Heaven teaser will be one of nail biting, hair pulling anticipation. Personally, I'd rather postpone completely falling off into the deep end of insanity for a while yet. :wacko:

I wouldn't go as far as TV because TV is expensive.

I'd suggest web based advertising (wouldn't even recommend TV because of the costs involved).

I'm sure they've thought about it and decided against it...I was curious to know though.

Sorry to hijack the thread there.

back to the a-10.....

........:joystick::pilotfly: