News Farp Textures

Hello Friends of DCS. A few days ago I left a texture mod for Farps here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/722120/ And after seeing the comments from our good friend Devrim, well, I decided to open this thread, so leave any suggestions or ideas. My next step is to re-texture the basis of Farps that change with the seasons. I'll start making a base in concrete or asphalt perhaps, I'll see which is better but surely make two choices.

I apologize for my English, I do not use the language very well, so I have to use google translate. My native language is Spanish.

EDIT:

New version, installable with JSGME and new textures. No need to back up. This Mod does not replace any original DCS file. You can exchange files seasons. Or choose one, and add in all seasons, you decide. If you do not use JSGME install adding folders and files in place.

Spring Texture ▼

F06.jpg~original

k31.kn3.net/E/B/B/5/3/B/F06.jpg

Summer Texture ▼ (Fixed)

E98.jpg~original

k30.kn3.net/A/D/C/6/1/1/E98.jpg

Autumn Texture ▼ (Fixed)

189.jpg~original

k32.kn3.net/1/4/1/9/E/D/189.jpg

Winter Texture ▼

B1F.jpg~original

k32.kn3.net/3/3/B/B/7/9/B1F.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST MOD finished

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/771998/

New version fixed with new textures (JSGME)

https://www.mediafire.com/?jkks0kgju1kf6f3

Enjoy!

Edited by T. Jacob
  • Like 3

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, great work there! Thanks again Jacob. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Bad news

Hi guys, after locating texture using Farp base, marked the area that uses the FARP, and I found the following problem.

Texture is not just for Farp, is also used in many parts of the land and even "objects" that are covered with grass. Yes it is bad news, we can not modify the texture that would see elsewhere. Imagine if I paint the area with concrete. It would not be correct.

There's probably a solution. I'm not a programmer, but I guess you could solve using a new texture for Farp, but need to know which file hooks texture with 3d model. What do you think? Look at reference pictures:

grass_n_4_bmp.thumb.jpg.f33738311def7b24e3656730de4e7354.jpg

Screen_140722_222021.thumb.jpg.5877d14822478dcf0fb73416343de9fe.jpg

Screen_140722_222134.thumb.jpg.8c479009b9a8a8265fc7cda5b6b1963f.jpg

Screen_140722_222156.thumb.jpg.630e21688b83f045412b662e885df64a.jpg

Screen_140722_222345.thumb.jpg.42a9999fd9bff360c1e51041a8da7bcc.jpg

Screen_140722_222448.thumb.jpg.071bcf508f3b57787b0d8ed66ec037c6.jpg

Hi guys, after locating texture using Farp base, marked the area that uses the FARP, and I found the following problem.

Texture is not just for Farp, is also used in many parts of the land and even "objects" that are covered with grass. Yes it is bad news, we can not modify the texture that would see elsewhere. Imagine if I paint the area with concrete. It would not be correct.

There's probably a solution. I'm not a programmer, but I guess you could solve using a new texture for Farp, but need to know which file hooks texture with 3d model. What do you think? Look at reference pictures:

ed need to recode farps for a dedicated texture for it alone

ed need to recode farps for a dedicated texture for it alone

Agreed, I ran into this when creating the desert textures.

That or one of you super talented 3d modellers needs to create us a new minimalist 1 pad FARP!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed, I ran into this when creating the desert textures.

That or one of you super talented 3d modellers needs to create us a new minimalist 1 pad FARP!

That would be a very interesting solution. Still, I can not find the file links texture with 3d model. I guess that information may be in the edm file.

Here it goes, cheers Folks

Use farp-hill.dds files from proper season folders \Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures\LandTextures -"season"- Other

Unrar the file to your DCS main folder

Disjoint Farp-Hill texture mod.rar (7.77MB)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gg1d61

use this bar: Click here to start download from sendspace

Will be uploaded later to DCS - User Files

Edited by HungaroJET
  • Like 1

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

+ 100.000

It's a thing that BS pilots ask from... BS1, I believe :(.

I personally tried to "hack" the FARPs whitout success... but the very best thing would be a vehicle with "FARP" properties within "n" meters, just as we have for fuel and ammo truck. This would allow us to make temporary LZ, and we could Always rely on the FARP static object to have a surface when required.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Here it goes, cheers Folks

Use farp-hill.dds files from proper season folders \Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures\LandTextures -"season"- Other

Unrar the file to your DCS main folder

Disjoint Farp-Hill texture mod.rar (7.77MB)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gg1d61

use this bar: Click here to start download from sendspace

Will be uploaded later to DCS - User Files

Hoo! Thank you, I will check the mod and see if we can do something great for everyone. Thanks HungaroJet ... :thumbup:

Hello Jacob,

I've installed your Mod and your work is very awesome.

I really love these new textures, I would like to thank you for this sharing.

Skull.

Hello Jacob,

I've installed your Mod and your work is very awesome.

I really love these new textures, I would like to thank you for this sharing.

Skull.

Ho thanks Skull.

Soon I leave completely Farp, including textures for the base, while I leave a first try, but I'm still working on this. I hope to finish soon, at least one first option.

Thanks to HugaroJet I can now work on the texture of the base, regardless of the terrain.

The first step was to calibrate the image to know how is distributed ...

Screen_140724_211133.thumb.jpg.e6ff53d8a1c961de9f19610c4661d590.jpg

Hi Jacob ! Again wonderful work for the two variants for the landing spots !

I'm also trying to rework the "farp hill", you gave me the idea with the "skin of the landing spots" ^^

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2126971&postcount=12

Hope you won't mind if we both do this in parallel, if you want i found the "matching scale" on the original "UV mapping" ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzy06scTcPcnaGU5bW9UWm9EYW8/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT : ha ... Just saw with yours previous post that you found it !

Hi Jacob ! Again wonderful work for the two variants for the landing spots !

I'm also trying to rework the "farp hill", you gave me the idea with the "skin of the landing spots" ^^

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2126971&postcount=12

Hope you won't mind if we both do this in parallel, if you want i found the "matching scale" on the original "UV mapping" ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzy06scTcPcnaGU5bW9UWm9EYW8/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT : ha ... Just saw with yours previous post that you found it !

Lilkiki, okay, no problem you work in parallel, I appreciate your work and hope you continue with it. No matter what I do, all jobs are always welcome. I do my test tube to calibrate the UV, did not have anything before, but I managed to calibrate the map. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Regarding the FARP mix with the ground, I decided to take another route, I think the FARP was never thoroughly mixed with the ground, even with the original textures did not. My idea is to do the opposite, that the FARP look like a different soil structure, the idea is to separate completely.

For now, I'm only doing two textures, one that serves to Summer, Fall and Spring (I do not think I need to make changes in those seasons) and another texture for winter.

We'll see how it will work out.

WIP Update

Well, I created this first option, with a texture resolution 4096 px, but I see that is not enough, considering that the original texture was 1024 px. I'll try doubling to 8192 px. I guess there is no problem with loading like lag or something.

Screen_140725_025409.jpg~original

Screen_140725_025504.jpg~original

Screen_140725_030114.jpg~original

Screen_140725_030420.jpg~original

Screen_140725_032018.jpg~original

Screen_140725_044215.jpg~original

Screen_140725_044447.jpg~original

Screen_140725_044547.jpg~original

Screen_140725_045102.jpg~original

• Like 1

Hey! Where did you get Mi-8 black cockpit? :D

Anyway; That's really really great job!!! I'll almost say these screenshots are taken from DCS v2.0 :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hey! Where did you get Mi-8 black cockpit? :D

Anyway; That's really really great job!!! I'll almost say these screenshots are taken from DCS v2.0 :)

Lol, I love your cockpit mods, I use them all. Devrim Thanks for your contributions and thanks for your comment, it's a compliment to me.

I just finished texture in resolution 8192 px and my PSD file is 967 MB! if all goes well, I will file smaller. The DDS file is 42 MB. I still need to test it.