Video Corruption and Related Card Issues

Tulkas

Hi all,

I have issues of very low quality textures in the cockpit, irrespective of what graphics settings I use.

This goes so far as making reading the switch lables impossible.

Here is a screenshot:

http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/071010232124_ScreenShot_004.jpg

System specs are:

Intel i7 920 @stock, 6GB triple channel ram, ATI 5970, Windows 7 64Bit

Newest ATI driver, newest DirextX update, running 32 / 64 bit applicaton (tested both) with administrator rights.

Whats weird is that when I first started the Sim the textures where fine, then the application crashed from alt-tabbing in fullscreen mode, problem seems to persist ever since. I also deleted the TEMP folder in between and checked the config files and reg entries, but no hint whatsoever so far.

Cheers,

Crusader

071010232124_ScreenShot_004.thumb.jpg.09189bc69065939547da70c7cea5c1a1.jpg

Edited by TheCrusader

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed the zip files got corrupted on mine to the point even the buildings didnt show, I had to reinstall everything.

Worth of note my PC almost died last night with symptoms that resembled an overheating GFX causing the system to freeze while playing. Dont think it had to do with DCS (also happened spontaneously and randomly on desktop) however upon diagnosing the problem I found out some of DCS files were indeed corrupt though the SIm played without complaints, just didnt display the after-mentioned items.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Was attempting to do the CCIP/CCRP bombing training mission and had the HUD disappear on me after the portion where you are supposed to dive to see the CCIP pipper. After diving and pulling out I could no longer see the HUD. I checked the switches on the left side of the cockpit dash, but couldn't find anything obviously wrong/off. The other electrical equipment was working fine. I am running with all the settings at low.

Computer Specs:

Windows XP SP3

Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHZ

2.5GB RAM

ATI RADEON 4800

Nellis @ Night - Remove Bright Orange Textures

If you like me have flown Nevada at night, you probably have seen the bright orange squares around the cities. It's a texture that shows up when a texture is missing from the game. To get rid of it, go into your "Bazar\TestTextures" folder and delete the texture "missing_texture.bmp" and your bright orange blobs on the ground will be gone. :thumbup:

BEFORE

nellis_before.jpg

AFTER

nellis_after.jpg

Happy Flying! :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Thanks. When I first took off during a night flight I was surprised to see giant slabs of cheese below me. Are NVG"s in the beta? I haven't tried them out yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

Yep the NVG's work. Hit "RShift+H". ;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Here is my rear view. I seem to have aquired a third stablizer.

ScreenShot_039.jpg

thats your canopy line they have those painted on .

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Matt said the is an actually correct. I asked if it was related to electronics or something but never got a response

Woops, should read carefully before i post lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flickering textures at the nevada terrain... Only in the citys.. dont know if its a bug...

Here are some pictures:

http://img827.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screenshot000gp.jpg

Kind Regards

Same here, I'm getting flickering textures in both theatres. Mainly triangular shapes on the tops of buildings and around static objects.

I'm also experiencing the colour change phenomenon as posted by Pilotasso. It can be seen whilst panning around "Nellis Static Template.miz".

I'm also seeing static, vertical lines if I look over my right shoulder in "Shooting Gallery.miz". Will try and post a screen shot... Settings:

1- Windows 7 64-bit

2- i7 920 @2.67GHz

3- 6GB

4- Nvidia GTX460. Driver: v258.96

5- Single monitor @ 1680x1024

Textures = High

Scenes = High

Civ Traffic = Low

Water = Medium

Visible Range = Medium

MSAA = x4

TSSAA = On

Heat blur = Off

HDR = On

Clutter = 120m

Mirrors = Off

I've tried setting everything to low and all other options to off, but I still get flickering and the other gfx anomalies. If I run the 64-bit exe, the effects are less noticeable, but are still there.

EDIT: Here are some screenies to show the flickering and verticle line anomilies:

ScreenShot_032.jpg

ScreenShot_016.jpg

ScreenShot_011.jpg

Edited by CrashEd

Interesting. Not sure why a real pilot would want a canopy line, but ok. It is on the real one and I never noticed that before. The real one is even longer and goes almost over the pilots head.

Edited by Icarus2

Hi, Not sure if this has been addressed but when Im in the cockpit and on the ground or in the air..when I slew my head left or right it seems that all the graphics/view have a slight fine JITTER through out the slew? though It's smooth within BS. this is while using TIR. any quick fixes? btw, my settings are at MED, with high textures, 512 cockpit,msaa@8, 1900x1200. thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://WWW.VFA-113.COM

Win 8.1 i5-3570 3.4ghz-Trackir5-TM Warthog - Pro-Saitek Combat Rudders-Viso 43" 4k"

Hi, Not sure if this has been addressed but when Im in the cockpit and on the ground or in the air..when I slew my head left or right it seems that all the graphics/view have a slight fine JITTER through out the slew? though It's smooth within BS. this is while using TIR. any quick fixes? btw, my settings are at MED, with high textures, 512 cockpit,msaa@8, 1900x1200. thanks

Tearing? Google D3doverrider to force V-Sync in sim.

Nate

it's not tearing I beleive but more of fine stuttering/jittering. would this be treated as the same as tearing?

Thanks Nate

No, I was just guessing as to what you meant to be honest. Personally I find checking for jitters easier from an external view looking straight down on a moving aircraft.

Nate

Anyone else finding the V-Sync is on notwithstanding selection in CCC (I'm on ATI) or non-use of D3D Overrider. It's crazy, and almost the exact opposite of the FC2 and BS problem, but I cant push past the monitor refresh rate. I don't mind as that's what I want anyway, but I just want to make sure triple buffer through D3D or even CCC is working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, I was just guessing as to what you meant to be honest. Personally I find checking for jitters easier from an external view looking straight down on a moving aircraft.

Nate

it's not a stutter like if your cpu is trying to catch up with the graphics but more on the lines of a not so smooth pan. when I pan using TIR it looks more like a vibration/jitter though out the pan. thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://WWW.VFA-113.COM

Win 8.1 i5-3570 3.4ghz-Trackir5-TM Warthog - Pro-Saitek Combat Rudders-Viso 43" 4k"

Is it due to it being a beta that parts of the cockpit are very low textured ?

I have a good vid card (HD5830) and all the settings are at high.

Parts of the cockpit (front dash and control display unit amongst others) are very detailed.

The radio's on the left console however are very badly textured no matter my display settings. The caution lights on the right panel are so bad i can't even read the cautions they display.

Getting the same here too. It seems to happen over land mass (the firing range for example). It's like a series of micro stutters, but they are almost unnoticeable. It's hard to explain! Just tried panning around using the keys and the effect seems to be there, but to a lesser extent.

You can see my specs in this post: here

Maybe it is just that the current beta isn't optimised and it will come out in the wash... I wish NaturalPoint would get their finger out and sort out the 64-bit version of s/w....

I'm getting black flickering circles that sometimes cover my entire screen when looking in certain directions, mostly when looking into the sun, esp at sunset/rise due to the extra sun glare at that time.

the black circles appear only when I'm moving my view and disappears when I hold it steady and only when I have HDR on.

I have updated both my DirectX and my video card drivers.

screenshot015wf.th.jpg

(the circle in this picture seems to be originating from the full moon that was behind me)

I'm running the 32bit version on vista 64 and I have got an ati hd 4870 1 gb.

Whenever I try to set TEXTURES HIGH the mission won´t load. I get a glimpse of the cockpit, it disappear right away, a glmpse of water, disappears aswell and then the screen is black. But the sim is still working, I can hit ESC an appears a square (exit menu) with white rectangles where the text is suposse to be but there are no fonts to be seen. I click on the rectangle placed where the exit option is and I can get to the main menu and everything works ok.

So far playing around with the other graphic options I had no problem.

Asus P5Q PRO

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz

4Gb RAM

Asus ATI 4850

WindowsXP Pro 32b

Cheers

Tulkas

Extending the information in my first post after more testing:

-Happends always with TEXTURES set to HIGH in Caucaso theater

-Happends always when I load a mission in Nellis NO MATTER the graphics settings, even the lowest.

It looks like this after a glimpse of the cockpit:

fsscr109.jpg

fsscr112.jpg

Thos rectangles are suppouse to be the exit menu and the info bar in the ext. view.

Regards

Tulkas